Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ September

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

September! This year is flying by. I had a bone scan on Friday , should have the results tomorrow. I usually look at the glass as being half full so am not too concerned about the results. My trust is in the Lord.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

hey bargoo
I know the feeling. last week was a busy week for me. Tues. I also had a
bone scan. Thurs. I went to the (ugh) dentist, and Friday I had a mammogram. I know God was with me at all of the visits, and I am not
worried as I know my fate is in my Lords hands. I am sure your bone
scan will be fine. Have a blessed day.
Turqoise67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers with you on the results BARGOO and TERRI

Angie and I took the dogs around the neighborhood for 3.25 miles this morning. We didn't do our coffee walk because my son and daughter in law called last night and wanted to meet for breakfast. That went well! I just love the spinach, mushroom and onion omlettes at restaraunt we go to....a friend of ours owns it.

Waiting for my daughter to swing by to see me. She came up to meet a friend for lunch. Then off to pack my truck for the 500 mile trip to work tomorrow! OUCH!

I will be back in 11-12 days. If we get internet access I will check in (staying with my brother in another apt. this week...he has a laptop computer but we can't get the internet up there) ...

My daughter just got here....

PRAYERS! for all.....HUGS ROSEBUD!! I bet the LORD has a real nice place in mind for you and DH!!!

Later ~ Gary
Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everybody!

Whew! It was hot today! DH was home and is off this whole week, so he may have some time to get some "homework" done! It's supposed to cool off a bit and maybe rain, too, so that will make working in the garage easier(he's trying to finish insulating, rewiring, and putting in walls and ceiling). The rest of us aren't much help, since 2 of us are too short and the other one is busy, busy with the school trips and football!

We survived the visit to m-i-l's, but didn't stay overnight. I think she was disappointed, but we just had too much to do here today. The homeschooling must start tomorrow, so have to try to get a little more organized and on a schedule. That'll probably be difficult with DH home, but we do what we do. He can teach them carpentry and electrical skills this week!

Rosebud-prayers for you in finding a new home. God always provides and I'm sure you'll find what you need

CC-prayers for the DD/Step-Dad situation. I've been on the step-mom side and I know it's tough sometimes. It's good that you can see what's going on and be impartial.

Welcome to Turquoise67 Your 25 lb loss is excellent! Keep up the good work-you'll be inspiring to those of us who have stalled a bit!

Gary-prayers for travel mercies while you are away.

Hope everyone has a great week! I'll pop in when I can. God bless!

Last edited by ronni62; 09-01-2008 at 07:26 PM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

bargoo
You are in all of our prayers.

Turqu
You are also in my prayers. Don't you just love those mammograms. I don't think that is the shape God meant my breast to be put in lol. Nice going on the loss.

ez
Hi

Ronni
Sounds like you have a lot going on. Remodeling is never done is it lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #7  
aka "GOING to"

Height: 5'4"

Hello
dropping in to say "hi" and ask for prayers and support. I have been working on a 'getting healthy' program for two months now (two months and twelve days, but who's counting?;-)
part of my program, which should be the main focus of my program is becoming a better witness for Christ. If I weigh over 100 pounds more than my ideal weight, I sure don't look like much of a witness.
so, my program includes eating, exercise, prayer, bible study, and mental/spiritual exercises. I'm glad to have found this group to share with.
wanting to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

RONNI ~Too bad I am not near you....that garage remodel has my "drywall" name written all over it!

SHY ~ Hug those big kids for me!

EDIT~

WELCOME HERE WANTING TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-01-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS GARY ~ that's exactly what we are all praying for too; esp my family and friends ... LOL! Hope you have a great trip tomorrow and glad you were able to find better accommodations too.

GOOD NEWS ~ we had some good news today about that very thing. In our country, in this province, it is illegal to evict anyone without due cause; and no landlord can evict anyone for any reason, without obtaining a COURT ORDER first: that's the law here. The same goes for threatening to shut off VITAL SERVICES like fuel, water, heat, and hydro, etc ... NO CAN DO! And, it was very unethical to try to trick us all into signing a paper to voluntarily vacate; another ... tsk, tsk!!! DH obtained a copy of our LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT from our LAWYER ...

So, we have a reprieve for now; but in the meanwhile, we are still continuing our search for a really nice place to live, not only for us, but for the other three families here (three of which who have children) as well.

THANKS RONNIE ~ you are correct; I know that He knew this was going to happen, and that He has something wonderful planned for us too!

TERRI and BARGOO ~ prayers that all your tests come out clear and clean ...

Today, we had one of the hottest days of this entire year; our outdoor thermometer read 90F in the shade, and it was humid, but bearable. The kids played outdoors anyways, but kept scooting under our umbrella for shade (couldn't blame them really). The farmers love it though, cuz now they can clear their fields!

Well, we had a nice steak dinner tonight with veggies from our garden and sweet Ontario corn ... yummy! It was a good day all in all! Just picked some veggies and did a bit of laundry; and stayed close to that air conditioner today!

HELLO TO SHY and WANT TO !!!

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE and all our MIA's ~ hope you are all having a lovely 1st day of September (it's our Labor Day Holiday here in Canada).

Take good care, your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-01-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Smile Happy September

Wow! I can't believe it's September already. My DH and I will be celebrating our 32nd anniversary on the 4th. by the Grace of God!

Gary: Have a safe trip to your job site. Hope you can 'hook up with us' while you're there.

Bargoo & Turquoise: Praying for good results from your scans!

Rosebud: God is GOOD! Praying that He will lead you and your friends to a new home soon.

Wanting to: Your program sounds great...and this is the perfect place to be for support!

Shy:

Ronni: I pray that you and your kids will have a great year of homeschool. I think that Dad teaching them carpentry is a great idea!

Praying for a good night's sleep and a blessed day for everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #11  
Intuitive Eater

Great news Rosebud! I'm glad to hear that!

Hello to everyone! Not too much time to chat. I'm trying to budget my time today to get caught up on all the chores around here that have been waiting patiently for me. Been running around all weekend. Play-time is over! lol

Take care everyone. God is in control!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Happy September Everyone

It is so hard to believe that September is here already. The days and weeks are just flying by. I am not ready for Christmas, yet the stores seem to be... They have been putting Christmas decorations out since July 4th.

I have my weekly weigh-in tonight. I sure hope I do better than last week.

We have had days and days of rain here in Mississippi, so I have not been able to swim like I would like too. If I were a duck, I'd have it made.
Speaking of rain, I hope all of you and your families are safe from Gustav and survived with little or no damage like us. We have been very fortunate this go-round. Katrina was another story all together.

Welcome to all the newbies - too numerous to name. You have come to a great place to share and fellowship.

I'll let ya'll know tomorrow how I did this evening. So, say alittle prayer for me.....

In His Hands

TACKLENURSE
Tacklenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Got the results from my bone scan. Didn't get the results I hoped for, will be seeing an oncologist Thursday.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Arrow Bargoo

Praying that God will give you peace and assurance of His care.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Default Bargoo

I am sorry about the results you received today. Now you start another journey. You have many friends here who will make that journey with you. I am adding you to my prayer list.

You can do all things thru Christ.

I noticed your last sentence was : My trust is in the Lord. AMEN

In His Hands

TACKLENURSE
Tacklenurse is offline   Reply With Quote