Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #16  
Intuitive Eater

Hello everyone!

I know this is the "Encouragers" thread, but I don't feel much like an encourager today. I'm off to my usual start ... do great all week, knock off those first few quick easy pounds (water weight, I guess) then plump right back up once the weekend comes around. *sigh* So very depressing. I suppose it's why I never get very far trying to lose weight.

Forgive me for not mentioning everyone by name, but time is certainly an issue for me, so I just want to say ... may the Lord's will be done in everyone's situations.

Welcome fellow newbies!

Well, gotta run ...
Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/189/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Inspired....I know just what you mean. Why is it so much easier during the week? It looks like you and I are at just about the same weight with just about the same goal! Let's race! haha just jokin!

Seriously, I am trying to focus on what I am doing right instead of feeling discouraged when I mess up. I am trying to just walk 30 minutes every day! It's kinda hard cuz it's hot down here in Texas, but I am determined to wake up an hour early every morning to do this. Hopefully when the temptation to roll over and go back to sleep, I will be able to be strong enough to withstand it with God's help.

Hang in there inspired! Have a great week!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #18  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Inspired - just keep at it, and do the best you can. We all have days that are more challenging. Try keeping some ready-to-eat OP snacks handy for when your eating starts sliding off plan. You CAN do this!!!!

Beffle - WAY to GO with the walking! I keep WATP videos on the shelf for when the weather outside isn't cooperative. I keep some aerobic dance videos too. Don't let that heat get you down

Wilma - so glad the kids made it - I will continue to keep them in my prayers!

Gary - OH, my Mozart (golden-sheltie cross) would have loved to go to the park with the girls. We don't have anything like that here, and he is soooooo social

stacy - I'm glad you found us too! Come back often and let us know how you are doing.

Rosebud - hope the weather held and you got more done on the foundation!

Heather - I look forward to getting to know you!

Courtney - prayers ascending for your parents. They are fortunate to have such a loving and caring daughter!

shari - I love WATP too. I like aerobic dance videos as well. I have several of the "Dancing off the Inches" series, Zumba and even a Tae Bo DVD from Billy's "Believer's series". I alternate WATP with the others 5 days a week all winter long.

Tacklenurse - 7.5 lbs is GREAT! You are off to a flying start. Keep it up! I DID find that staying OP AND exercise combined was the best recipe for weight loss for me. It is hard to do both consistently, but it IS worth it!!!

Trish - I adore the Thomas Light Multigrain English muffins. They are 100 calories a piece and 6g of protein and 8g of fiber. They are one of my favorite foods! Add a bit of PB or LC cheese or hummus - ahhhhh.

Ronni - How about sponsor a coffee hour at church? Or have a small get-together by inviting over his friends for something fun? Maybe a gift certificate for a getaway in the future. That way it could be a surprise, but no planning ahead needed.

Neither DH or I wanted a party when we turned 50. I asked my friends not to do one. We just went out for a nice dinner and back home for a nice bottle of wine.

Doing fine here - weight stayed at 129 this morning, so no damage was done with the weekend festivities .

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie ( mama)
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #19  
tryin again

S/C/G: 172/170/123

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everybody: Back from Indy, not a vacation, actually all my "vacations" this summer have been work--taking the youth group on a mission trip--cooking at a camp--and later on this week, I'll be off again. I don't have much time to post tonight, but see that we have quite a few new people since the last time I have posted! That's great to see.
Finally I am motivated again to lose and I have lost a couple of pounds, but I do have a confession....I did eat ice cream. After I told you all I wouldn't...I really don't know why I broke down and did, but like I said, I need to pick up again. I have been moving and getting more exercise and of course that helps.

The story about Rosebud's husband wacking down the tree is hilarious!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #20  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we sure had a hot one today; it was 80F in the shade; can't imagine what it was in full sun. We did go up and finished putting all the bushes in and DH did a bit more on the foundation in the afternoon, but we finally came home late afternoon becuz the forecasted clouds and rain never came. It was just plain HOT, HOT, HOT ~ SIZZLIN' HOT ...

STACEY ~ glad you found us and come back often and keep posting. You don't have to do personals all the time: do whatever you have time for.

WILMA ~ so far all the Spireas are doing OK; the one pink one we have (Neon Flash Japonia) is growing much faster and is taller. All the rest are supposed to be BRIDAL WREATH VANHOUTTES (sp)which will be quite lovely down the road. Now, we just planted them recently; and the last three BWV and the Japonia today.

One of them seems to be turning to it's fall colors early (orangey-red); probably becuz they were so late getting transplanted. I trimmed it a bit: so hopefully it will be OK. You are supposed to transplant them in spring or fall, like you said, but we had to get these in now as they were getting a bit pot bound. I hope they'll all be OK; we'll see.

According to my research, you can trim these bushes down to 12" and they are supposed to come back, but I think you are just supposed to trim away the dead wood/branches (about 1/3) after they are finished blooming or before they bloom in spring. Yours should come back OK and you should be able to transplant it. Our neighbour just transplanted a huge Lilac bush (maybe from his home) and it's doing OK.

We got them for such a good price that even if we lose one, that won't be so bad; but all my research says that they are hardy, adaptable to any soil, can stand shade or full sun (for best flowers), they grow quickly, and can come back after a severe trimming ...

ELIZABETH ~ It was sad to loose a blue spruce becuz they are so nice, but I told DH that he could buy me another one down the road. He said he would get me even a bigger one than I had, so that's OK. DH and I had a wee bit of vanilla ice cream today to cool off from this heat; but it was in our plan. We use small 'fruit nappy' dishes to make sure we don't eat too much; and this works wonderfully for us. I couldn't and wouldn't stop eating ice cream for the rest of my life, so we found a way to work a small portion into our plan.

COUNTING ~ I think Thomas' is also made by Weston Inc; I know we have some of their brand here, but not sure about Thomas', but will keep an eye out for them too.

HELLO TO EVERYONE HERE AND ALL OUR MIA'S ~
hope everyone's having a good summer despite the hot days.

We've been pretty busy lately; but we will likely stay home until it cools off a bit. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-04-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #21  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffie View Post
Inspired....I know just what you mean. Why is it so much easier during the week? It looks like you and I are at just about the same weight with just about the same goal! Let's race! haha just jokin!

Seriously, I am trying to focus on what I am doing right instead of feeling discouraged when I mess up. I am trying to just walk 30 minutes every day! It's kinda hard cuz it's hot down here in Texas, but I am determined to wake up an hour early every morning to do this. Hopefully when the temptation to roll over and go back to sleep, I will be able to be strong enough to withstand it with God's help.

Hang in there inspired! Have a great week!
Hi Beffie Wow! I hadn't noticed how similar our numbers are. I'm also trying to get in 30 min walks daily (tho I take mine in the evenings). I've actually joined a challenge in the "Chicks up for a Challenge" forum that will hopefully keep me on track. I've got a treadmill that I can use if I don't make it outdoors due to weather or whatever, so no excuses for me! lol

Instead of a race, lets just keep nudging each other along!

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown
Inspired - just keep at it, and do the best you can. We all have days that are more challenging. Try keeping some ready-to-eat OP snacks handy for when your eating starts sliding off plan. You CAN do this!!!!
Hi CountingDown, thanks for the encouragement. Good idea about the snacks. I like to keep those baby carrots around for just such an emergency and today when I got the munchies that's what I grabbed.

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 08-04-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: corrected forum name
Old 08-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #22  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, that's depressing. I was almost done with my post and hit the wrong button and lost all of it! I don't even know what key I hit, so I don't do the same thing again! Boy, am I dumb some days!

Stacy and Heather (mommytoa4pack)- And, you're both Hoosiers too! I'm definitely a case of 'once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier!' Glad to have you both here!

Courtney - prayers for your parents and for you too. It's hard to give up things we really desire, like your schooling, but when we do it to help others, I really believe, we get it back many times over. When we give from our hearts to help others, I've seen in my life that God gives us back what we need when we need it and frequently gives us much, much more than we sacrificed. for you!

Tacklenurse - 7.5 lb is excellent!

Wilma - glad the kids made it! Keeping them in my prayers. I know how hard it is to have kids so far away. for you too!

Inspired - I know what you're saying and exactly how you feel! I just keep bobbing up and down around the same point. I know I just need to make the good decisions to keep on my plan, but I keep getting sidetracked We can do it, though, cause we have a Great Encourager!

Rosebud - about the tree story! My dh would have yelled at me for putting it in the way and then I'd have had to Just kidding!

Gary - quiet can be a goooood thing! You're probably just not used to it cause you've had quite the busy, people-filled summer! I'm looking forward to some quiet, but it'll be about 6 more years before I get it!

We spent yesterday at Valleyfair (amusement park in MN) and walked and walked and walked. It was sooo hot, too! But, of course, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" And, it was about 98% humidity, too! Had to go on a couple of the log flume rides just to cool off!! But, the boys seemed to have fun and that's what matters most.

Today, time to register DS2 for a couple public school classes. Going to be quite a change this year. Still homeschooling most of his classes and also DS3's, but just hard to do chemistry properly in the kitchen DS2's also going out for football and camp starts tomorrow, so he's been running and weightlifting in preparation He's going to get into shape one way or another! Coach is probably like a!

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Keep up the good work
Old 08-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #23  

Question Human Avatar??

Inspired - Nudging sounds good to me! Keep up the good work!

Anybody know where you can get that Avatar that looks like it is the exact height and weight you are? That would be so cool to get a "real" picture of what I most likely look like.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #24  
Intuitive Eater

Hi Beffie

I think the avatar you're talking about is "my virtual model." Google it for a link. (I don't think we are allowed to post links.)
Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #25  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Wanted to stop in and say hi.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #26  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Shy, missed you girl! And - look at that ticker!!!!!

ronni - looks like we got your humidity today in MI. I had to laugh at your chemistry comment. DS2 has tried to poison us, blow up the house, and ignite an amazing number of substances over the years. We FINALLY got him to stop experimenting in the kitchen. Chemistry was definitely his favorite subject in school.

beffle - you can post links to most things - just not sights that are known to spam or harass or solicit 3FC members.
The link is here.

Rosebud & Wilma - on the spirea discussion. Our spirea (bridal veil) hedge is over 100 years old and it does help to trim it back every now and again. When we don't it tends to get "spindly". Watch for excess snow weighing it down too. It can break the branches if you aren't careful.

Elizabeth - don't sweat the ice cream, I'm betting you did a lot better than you would have in the past. Congrats on doing so well while you were gone. It is ALWAYS a challenge!

A good, but very hot and humid day here. Weight is holding at 129.2 It was hard to walk home from work in the heat today, but - I made it. I'm off to go pull some weeds in the garden.

Have a blessed evening! Prayers continuing for all!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #27  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
beffle - you can post links to most things - just not sights that are known to spam or harass or solicit 3FC members.
The link is here
Sorry, guess i misunderstood the rules.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #28  

Default Hi There!!

Just a quick post to say having geat time in Tenn. on vacation... always busy getting ready to hit the hot tub... knew it had been a while so just wanted to touch base... welcome to all newbies... will be back home next week so all can return to normal... ugh.. at least will be posting more frequently... prayers all are well, and enjoying an awesome summer that is going to quickly... catch ya all later...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Good Morning Everyone

Tuesday evenings are my weigh-in nights. I lost 1 lb this week. It is coming off very slowly. I am still doing the water aerobics 4-6 times a week. That has got to help.

Hi and good to hear from you:
Shy Moment
Justwant2Bhealthy
I am inspired
Wilma 12
beffie
CountingDown

doitforme: Glad to hear you are having a good time on vacation in TN. We go there often to vacation and visit family. It sure can be hot this time of year though.

Ronni61: I know you are busy getting those kids ready for the new school year. My kids are busy getting the grandkids ready for school. It sure can be costly too.

Hi Elizabeth M: We really do have something in common besides weight loss. I too am from Virginia and I go to Indiana alot to visit my Father and Sister. I love Indiana in the summer....

Hello and welcome to all the Newbies. You are going to love this website....

Well, have to quit playing and get back to work.

Have a great week everyone.....

In His Hands

Tacklenurse
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #30  

Smile virtual model

Thanks guys for the help! I'm playing around with it right now. Cool
Closed Thread