Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #136  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Prayers Please ...

We need prayers for GOD's direction to find us a new place to live; all the people in our building are being evicted and the place is being closed up by the Landlords/owners. We have only two months to find a place and move out in a low-occupancy area too. Boy, after being here over sixteen years, we have a lot of stuff to sort through.

This put a big damper on our day, but we'll have to trust GOD for His leading ...

Thanks, ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-29-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Just a quickie before I head off to lala land.

Shy, I've done very well this week with the calorie count thing and I think it might be working for me better than I thought, its still taking some time but I actually have some now that the kids are in school

rosebud, something will come up, He knows what you need.

rdy2

Prayers for all of you daily, it is my pleasure to send your requests to the Father and intercede on your behalf.

Need to go to bed, I'm sure Chaos and Mayhem will awaken me quite early since its a Sat. morning. TA, TA

Trish
Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #138  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just
I always thought it was amazing how many beans could come off a few plants. Moving can be a rough thing with the way prices are. Sure hope you find a nice place right where you want it. 16 years, that is a long time to collect things.

bargoo
Hope you are feeling better.

Blue
Welcome

Ronni
It is wonderful that your back on track. All things are possible with Gods help.

Stepping
Hi

Rdy
Welcome

CC
In no time at all it will just become a way of life and you won't think anything off it.

Off to the camp grounds until sometime Monday. Is nice that they have service on Sundays so we don't have to go find a church. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 AM   #139  

Good Morning or night (however you want to look at it)

Just got home from my brothers and had to take the dogs out and feed the cat so I thought I would check in and see what transpired today. Looks like everyone was busy elsewhere. We worked out in the yard all day and boy was it a beauty!!

DH and oldest DD got into it Big Time this evening before we left to go to my brothers and it was one ugly confrontation. Course DD thinks I'm gonna run to her defense and the evil Step-dad is gonna get his. What she fails to realize is that I know how she is and I see and hear what she is doing to create the situation. She reminds of her dad, a lot. That is not a good thing. OOOOHHHHHH, more drama. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just get dogs and leave the kids to someone else. Wishful thinking.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

Smile Turqoise67

Hi All,
I just want to join all of you christian encouragers. I am a devout christian.
I have been on the south beach diet since Feb. 2008 and so far, I have
lost 25 lbs. I do not know if that is good or bad, but I do know that I am
feeling better than I was. I am going to the gym 3 times a week to help
the diet along. I am thankful for my personal lord and savior for being with
me while I am trying to lose weight. My dr. said I was pre-diabetic, but
since I have lost some weight, I do not have to take any medication. I
will keep all of you in my prayers.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #141  

Turqoise!! 25lbs is fantastic I'm hoping to lose 5 before my birthday (Sept.25). It may be a small goal but right now I just need to see something change. Great work and I look forward to getting to know you!

Trish
Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #142  
Intuitive Eater

Hello everyone!

Welcome Turquoise67!

Quick check-in for me ... I made my August goal! And lost an extra pound too! I thought for sure the ice cream cake and cheez-its I ate yesterday would hurt my weigh in this morning but it didn't! I'm thankful for that! Not too much else to report. Enjoying the weekend with the family and looking forward to cooler weather ahead. I love fall!!!

Take care and have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #143  

Thanks for the welcome Trish and Blue Serenity. I appreciate that you think
25 lbs. is fantastic. It makes me feel better. I am still in phase 2 and I think
I will stay there until I reach my goal. Hope you both have a safe, happy and
blessed labor day.
Turqoise67 aka Terri
Old 08-31-2008, 08:01 PM   #144  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I am home until Tuesday morning then go back to Sacramento for about 11 days or so. I probably won't be checking in but there is a chance if we can get the internet access working in the one company apartment we have there right now. I am switching apts. and will be with my brother and bil so I won't have the use of my bosses computer if he comes up.

Angie and I have had a great week-end together with our usual stuff....doing our week-end morning 5K's with the dogs at a new very nice location a few miles from us, then having coffee at a new It's A Grind. We went for Italian at our regular place on Friday, which we haven't been to for awhile as we were trying new restaurants. Ate at a new BBQ With Soul place, just built near us, last night before church. Of course the Costco and Home Depot runs!

TERRI ~ You will have a great time here. Congrats on your 25 pound loss...that is awesome!

BLUE SERENITY ~ Great job reaching your August goal!

TRISH ~ Sorry to hear about the blow out with your DD and her SD...had a few of those here with me and my SD. A very long story but as much as I love and respect my wife...she didn't handle our situation very well. She understands now and wishes she could go back but we can't. It was a very difficult situation. My SD is a very disrespectful person....like her dad...and I would not allow her to treat her mother as such in my house.

RENNIE ~ I hope you had a great time camping!

ROSEBUD ~Although I haven't posted I have been praying for your situation since yesterday morning. This must be so difficult for you

RONNI ~ I hope the trip to mil wasn't too bad I know you will get the stress eating in control! I am proud of you already!

RDY2LOSE ~ Stick around you will like it here!

JOANNE ~ I am glad the water damage wasn't worse!

BARGOO ~Prayers for good news from the doctors.

WILMA ~ SCOOTER ~ AUNT SUE ~ KAREN ~ INKY ~ COURTNEY and EVERYONE...have a great LABOR DAY!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Eviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
We need prayers for GOD's direction to find us a new place to live; all the people in our building are being evicted and the place is being closed up by the Landlords/owners. We have only two months to find a place and move out in a low-occupancy area too. Boy, after being here over sixteen years, we have a lot of stuff to sort through.

This put a big damper on our day, but we'll have to trust GOD for His leading ...

Thanks, ROSEBUD
Praying that you will soon find new and better housing.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #146  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: I am definitely praying for you. what a blow! God is in control.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #147  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS ~ I almost couldn't believe my ears when I heard it! And this was so unnecessary; these are very wealthy people who say they are closing this complex down becuz they aren't making any profits anymore and the place needs too many repairs. So, they boot four families out just two months before winter???? I'm thinkin' ... who does that???? And, why didn't they tell us in the spring??? Our neighbour told them: we'll be out WHEN we find a place to live ~ LOL! (But, they say they are turning the heat off ... so???)

ANYHOW, we made some progress today; DH had a truck come and move some stuff and he was so happy about that. We looked at a couple of places, but they weren't suitable for us as I have great difficulty with stairs. We have already spread the word this weekend and tomorrow, I will make some more phone calls.

ONCE AGAIN, thanks so much for your prayers! Boy, this has been one tough year for us, but we are counting on GOD to pull us through and find us a nice place. Too bad our cottage isn't ready, but we only have the foundation done. My DAD agrees that we need to focus on finding a place to live for now and we'll pick it up again next spring.

TURQUOISE aka TERRI !!! this is a very nice group; very supportive and truly caring Christians. You'll like it here!

Take care ... ROSEBUD Still praying for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-31-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #148  

Default Turqoise67

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to tell you all about a book I just finished. It is called
The Shack by William P Young. My pastor asked us to read it and
we are going to have a book discussion at a church members house.
The book is very compelling. If you read it, it will leave you craving
for the presence of God. I do not want to reveal what it is about.
All christians should read this book. I am happy that I joined this
forum. You all seem so nice. I have been reading a lot of your
comments to each other. Have a blessed day.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 AM   #149  

Rosebud:
I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. I have put you on our
prayer list at church. Just remember God only puts on your shoulders what
you can bear. With his presence and his love, he will help give you the
strength to get through this. I have you in my prayers.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #150  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

STOP POSTING HERE

Please go to the SEPTEMBER THREAD
Closed Thread