Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #46  

Default Hi there!

Retiredone- Prayers for your friend for healing and for the family. It is a hard trial! To have to go through, the excitement that builds! prayers~!
Shy- Thanks! Prayers you get your windows done and the rain holds off! Then you can think about mine LOL HA!Ha!
Lovnmom- Welcome! Prayers! for DD knee sounds painfull! I am a youth leader and also teach Sunday School to 3-4 year olds It is great fun! and very rewarding! To watch them mature and grow in the Lord!
McMommy2- Welcome! Prayers! That WW works for you! and you enjoy your summer! It will go quickly I am sure!
E.Z.- Yeah! In the winter you send the sun! so appreciated, and in the summer a cool breeze! you are awesome big guy! By the way!Happy Father's Day! you deserve it!
Targettingthin- Welcome! sorry to hear about relationship w/ hubby! Prayers for you and your family! can be a tough time. Prayers also that your heals feel better as well, I have bone spurs on my feet so fully understand foot pain!
Wilma- prayers! For peace at work, it is hard when things are in turmoil! You do so well! You'll have that two pounds kicked soon!
Ronni- Prayers ! that all stays safe and secure at home, no issues w/ water, flooding ect. and that your able to relax and enjoy a well deserved vacation!
AmyC- Welcome back! prayers for lane family, and healing for their son! such a young age to be afflicked w/ a dibilitating disease.
Karen- Prayers you continue to enjoy your vacation! and that you have great traveling weather, and that you get to see your BIL, always nice to see family!
I am off to camp this weekend! Have to work evenings today! Hope it is much cooler today! Suppose to be humid by the weekend! Wow! Is me complaining over something so petty! I am helping w/ Father/Son breakfast Sat. which will be fun, then celebrate Father's day w/ my Df! Prayers for an awesome weekend for all! Blessings! Hi to MIA"S !

Last edited by doitforme; 06-12-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

WIlma12, I'm glad to hear some troubling times for you are now over. May God's peace go with you.

mcmommy, Good luck with the program.

ronni62, the flooding is bad in our area too. I will keep your home in my prayers. How nice that God gave you a reassurance to help you enjoy your trip even more.

Juliahood, thanks for thinking of me.

Rosebood, thanks for your kind thoughts for my DD. I pray all is good with you.

tara, it can be so hard when you know your child is missing you. My prayers go out to you as you go off to work and do what you need to do. Good luck with the sore legs!

Laurie, A slow down prayer going up for you. Take care.

Gary, thanks for your thoughts. Oiling your TM so it can go faster?!?!?! Impressive, especially when you add in the leg injuries you have had.

AMYC, Prayers for your friends. Take care.

Karen, great job keeping up with your exercise while on vacation. Safe travel for you.

doit, thanks for your warm thoughts. Have a great time camping and fun at the father son brkfst.

My prayers go out to the families of the Boy Scouts killed in the tornado. What an awful loss. It's raining here again and no summer rec. The weather is calling for more flooding in our area, but my children are all here where I can hug them. Praise God!

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-12-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Default good morning

Good Morning All...
Tara- I can't stand it when my little ones beg me not to go to work. I am fortunate that I am a teacher and can be with them some in the summer. It would be nice if we didn't have to work, but we all do what we have to. I will be praying for you.

I will also be praying for the Lane family and their current circumstances. As well as for all of you that have needs.

I wish you all a very blessed day. It is sunny and nice here and looks like it will be a good one. I hope all the same to all of you. Thanks for your well wishes as I begin WW again. It means a lot. -Erin
Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #49  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILMA !!!

AMY ~ prayers for the Lane family and their son have been sent!

We have glorious sunshine with cool temps; perfect for gardening. Out early this morning and planted some green and yellow beans; and lots of stuff is up already. We bought a new small rototiller for our garden; should be arriving this week sometime.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ have a great day!!! ... from your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-12-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #50  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
Wasn't that just such a horrible thing. A tornado and all those boy scouts. I can't even imagine how their parents must feel. They are sure in my prayers.

doit
I would do your windows. Housework is something that has never bothered me and I find satisfying and rewarding . I finally have my kitchen done. Ok, isn't exactly what I would want but I am thinking resale value in a few years so clean and tidy is all that really matters. We didn't redo the cabinets and I sure would have if I thought we were going to stay here more than 5 years but they will do for now. Will post a few pics. Think we are going to head down to the camp grounds next weekend and then a long weekend there over the 4th

Tara
Welcome. Sometimes the legs do that if we over do it even just a bit. I sure have felt it. Make sure you take it a bit easy until they feel better.

just
lol I enjoy cleaning house and such. I get great satisfaction in a clean house and clean windows. There is nothing wrong with a woman that wants to go out and conquer the world lol. There are a few of us that like to be old fashioned house wifes. I love to walk through my house after I have cleaned and enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor.

Back later to do more posts
Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #51  

Thanks so much everyone for your prayers!
Please keep sending them up!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all, I am sending continued prayers for each of you. No rain yet this a.m. That's a good thing here My DSIL is driving down from MNPLS today. She's single so she comes home about once a month to spend time with us. She loves cartoon movies as much as the children do. Our plans are to see Kung Fu Panda tomorrow and then she'll head right back as she has to work at 10pm Sat night. Please send up a little prayer for safe travel.

Rennie, have fun camping.

God's blessing this Friday to you all.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good morning all...another beautiful day here. So much to be thankful for. I will be praying for safe travels for all who may be out and about this weekend. It is our kiddos last day of school so crazy and hectic around here. I thought I would get this in during the calm before the storm. I hope all have a wonderful day!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #54  

Default Hi there!

Lovinmom- Thanks ! I agree (prayers for scouts and their families, terrible situation there, and for all you guys in flooding areas, prayers for safe travel for dsil, and a great day spent together.
McMommy2- Enjoy the sun!!!
WILMA- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ENJOY!!!
Rosebud- thanks for the reminder! have a great time gardening, those fresh veggies will be yummy!!!
Shy- your too sweet! I have no doubt you would! I can't say I like housework, I agree I like when its done and everything smells clean and looks clean, but would rather be reading, or doing something else.. Enjoy your camping trip, I luv camping and camp almost every other weekend in the summer.
Leaving for camp soon prayers for all MIA'S Enjoy the weekend! Blessings!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #55  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Another quick fly in - hopefully, the weekend will be the start of a "normal" schedule. End-of-school-year is always just nuts.

The weather was horrendous here last night - some tornadoes touched down - but minimal damage - thank the Lord!
We spent about 4 hours in the basement while new warnings were posed about every half hour as new funnels were reported.

10 inches of rain, lots of flooding, lots of power outages (thus my inability to post), but really - minimal damage in the area.

Prayers continuing for everyone - welcome to our newbies - who are WONDERFUL posters. I hope to have time to chat with you more soon!

Blessings to all!!!!

Laurie
Old 06-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #56  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE ~ we had a lovely sunny day this afternoon right until sunset. Just a regular day today doing housework and laundry while DH did outside stuff. We normally go in town on Fridays but he was busy so decided to wait. My Dad is up and the two of them will finish shingling the cottage tomorrow. I will be staying home with NIKO as that would be too long a day for me.

UPDATE ON PIERRETTE ~ wanted to let you know that she has come through her surgery well and came home on Thursday, but I haven't talked to her yet. Not sure, but I think she is staying with a friend right now. So thanks for all your prayers as they were so appreciated.

SHY ~ I like to see the place spiffy too; I try hard even with DH and his grease-monkey hands, but we have found ways to get him to wash up outside now before he comes in the house. Can't complain too much as all the work he does outside is important!

PRAYERS for all those in tornado areas, plus those travelling and on holidays right now. We saw some young folks all dressed up on their way to their high school prom, all giddy and cute!

WELL, that's all for me; take good care and have a wonderful weekend ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for all ...
Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #57  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Everyone, thank you so much for your warm welcoming messages and prayers. Since I work from Sun-Thur, I was at home all day with my DD today after I picked her up. Well, we did go to her doctor's appointment for her eye, then went to Target, and came home. But it's been awhile since it was just me and her and she was such an angel today...

When we were at the doc's office, she kept coming back to me and asking every time she wanted to do something. "Can I go play in the house?" "Can I play with the chair?" "Can I go in there?" and so on... One teenager boy who was also in the waiting room said "Now she just needs to say thank you" after I told her yes she could and she went on to play with something. He was being sincere about it...and it was a nice feeling for my DD to be so polite. A great feeling to experience all that "What do you ask" or "Say Please" finally being paid off. Hopefully she will stay that way.

I just got a letter yesterday from my school that my Pell Grant amount for last school year has been adjusted and I'm getting reimbursement for educational expenses. Praise the Lord! I needed to hire an attorney but had no mean to come up with the money, although it's only $1,000...and this really will help a lot for it. Since my ex and I do agree on things, we needed an attorney to get the final end of the divorce (I tried to do everything on my own but at the end, I needed help from an attorney).. He and I agreed to pay half and half but knowing him, I know I will never see a penny of the half so I had to come up with the whole amount of $1,000. Now I'm less stressed. My boyfriend told me not to be stressed out about it because the Lord is in control and He will help me through. Well, he sure was right. I also thank the Lord that my DD loves to pray, that my bf is there to support me in everything I do, and that you guys are here.

Well, I should go get some sleep so I can be full of energy for my DD tomorrow. Have a great weekend and I will try to stop by tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #58  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. We didn't celebrate on the day because no one was around. Sunday we are going to a dinner theatre as a family. They're doing a spoof on CSI (one of my favorite shows). Should be a blast!

My situation at work is getting much better. The staff is still in shock that a coworker betrayed them but are dealing with it. We will move on and be better for it. I think if nothing else it has brought the rest of us closer.

My thoughts and prayers for all your concerns. I have to go have my coffee and get things going for the day.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Off to the 10K Mud run for Angie and my kids/nephews...Prayers...I will catch up this week-end!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #60  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just
We put a sink and a shower out in the workroom behind the garage. He is real good about cleaning up before he comes into the house. Now when he is doing the in and out trips it is harder lol. You can bet I have news papers laying on the floor and towels in the bathroom just for his use. It does help that he is just as much a neat freak as I am lol. I don't even complain about the extra work it all causes sometimes. He does his best and the rest is my work lol.

Lovn
You mean there was a better movie ever made than The Emperors New Groove. Oh my gosh, I love cartoon movies.

Wilma
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Have no idea what has been going on at work, I must have missed something. I am glad you have a nice group of people to work with.

doit
I have to put my darn book in the book shelf when I do housework or the work would never get done because I would be reading or working on a hook rug lol. I haven't done a thing for two days. Not a thing. Will see how today goes. This darn ovary is killing me. I am not one to take meads especially pain meads but I have pretty much stayed in a pain induced stupor for 2 days. lol if you know anything about my past that means the pain has been a 10 on the pain scale lol.

We have been very lucky, praise the Lord. We live on top of the hill in a little valley. Tornado's, as usual have hit all around us but not in our little neck of the woods. Our little valley doesn't seem to get the really bad weather. When something does come into the valley it is horrible because it seems forever for it to get out of the valley.
Closed Thread