Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #31  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in. Weather here is YUCK! Rain for two solid days. We actually had a tornado warning last night. It touched down in a rural area where no one lived (thank you LORD!). Weird, weird weather.

On an unrelated note - NSV tonight. My DH and I were attending a meeting at church. I was across the room. For a brief period of time, he scanned the room and couldn't find me. From behind, he did not recognize his wife. Absolutely made my day/week/heck -probably YEAR!

I hope you are all well. I continue to keep all of you in my prayers! Blessings to all!!!!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #32  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you are doing well. My son and my new classes are keeping me very busy, busy, busy! (And I'm only on the second day of classes.) And my new diet is going well so far, although it is taking a lot of adjustment. My eating habits got really bad during my pregnancy so I have a lot to recover from.

EZ - Happy (belated) Anniversary!! You and I almost have the same wedding anniv. My husband and I celebrated our 3rd today!

Rosebud - Your husband sounds very creative to make a Creche! I'm sure it will be beautiful! I do hope that the supposed demand for science teachers here in the US will work in my favor. I hope!!

Shy Moment - my Christmas tree ornament collection is one of my most sentimental possessions. I/my family has been collecting them since I was a baby - I have ornaments ranging from MY baby's first Christmas ornament to my son's! And all kinds of things in between. None of them match and they're all so different, but I just love them all together on my Christmas tree.

Doitforme - Thanks for the welcome back!

and prayers for all of you!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #33  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

crk
The first few weeks are the hardest. We have to overcome those terrible eating habits we formed. It will get easier I promise. You sound very busy. Make sure you take a little time each day for yourself. Bubble bath? Trashy novel? Who knows, what ever it is that is FUN to you.

Counting
I read your post and asked my husband if he ever didn't notice where I was. He said you know its is funny you ask that. I had to look all over for you at the store the other day. I didn't realize it was you standing by the clothes not 10 feet from me with your back to me. Hmmmm now I have to wonder if he would notice if I was getting all snuggly with Kurt Russel lol. You are doing so well. Can't wait for this summer when you are telling us how you had to buy all new clothes and love the summer weather.

Want
The nativity is something I really cherish. Just knowing it came from my crib ( ok we were poor couldn't afford new wood lol ) and that my father made it makes it so very special. The kids fight about who is going to get it when I am gone. I keep telling them I don't plan on leaving anytime soon lol and if they keep fighting I will be cremated and buried in the nativity. We have play sandbox sand I put it on the drive by the door and by the cars. The darn salt eats up my concrete drive and it really seems to help. Also keeps me from falling. I fell one year and layed there for I bet 1/2 hour because I hit my head and was seeing stars. You be carefull falls can be very dangerous.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHRISTINA!

I will catch up soon...last night we had a 4 hour meeting at church for the new building fundraising and prayer walk/vigil....tonight more of the same.

You are all in my prayers ~ Gary

EDIT ~WILMA today's weigh in was 173....UP from the past...ouch!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-09-2008 at 07:26 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #35  

Gary, I hope that prayer vigil went well. Don't worry - you will have those couple lbs. off in no time

Dawn, I'm glad I prompted your question to your husband. At this rate, you will be wearing much smaller sizes this summer yourself . I read somewhere that you had a belly ring. That is so cool. I've never pierced anything except my ears - and I don't even wear my earrings all that often Isn't is great that our most cherished possessions are those that often come from our struggles, our poverty, our challenges? Your creche is a wonderful gift from your father. Like you, I had very few new things when I was a child - but the memories I have ...

Christine - glad classes are going well and that you are busy. I think being busy in Jan. is a blessing - otherwise I get the blah feelings. Christmas is over, weather is yucky, back to work, kids gone, etc. Lots to drag down my mood. Though - I do think that my daily exercise has really helped!

Rosebud - we fill milk jugs (or kitty litter containers) with sand during the summer and store them in the garage. I have had more slips on the ice than I care to remember, and each one seems harder to heal from. I keep a bucket of kitty litter in the car too, just in case I need it.

I hope you all had a great day! Blessings
Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #36  

Hi everyone, had a very nice day today! I am taking a public speaking class and we had to get up and tell our life stories (in short) today. I was excited about the number of people who said they were Christians. It is always nice to go somewhere and have that in common with people. I also had anatomy lab and we looked at all kinds of cool cells under the microscopes. I hadn't used a microscope in years, so I was a wee bit rusty but it was fun!

Shy Moment - thanks for the words of encouragement! Every day gets a little easier. I do try and take me time here and there, and my parents are able to help with my son occasionally so I catch a break! My favorite things to do are cook, take pictures, write in my blog, or do a craft (sewing, knitting, or scrapbooking).

EZ - Thanks! I hope your meeting went well.

Counting Down - I am very grateful that January brought me a lot of things to do or I would be BLAH! The letdown after Christmas can be pretty drastic, especially since we did a lot of visiting and socializing for my son's first Christmas! I find that exercise is great to keep the blahs at bay too.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #37  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

COUNTING ~ Wow, those are great ideas for the ice; I'll tell Dh about them. We don't like to use the salt/dyed pellets becuz of our Pets (they sniff and eat everything just to see what it is).

SHY ~ Thanx; guess what we woke up to this morning? A snow-storm with 40-60 kilometer winds; what a mess out there. So we didn't get to go to town after all; the police were warning people to stay off the roads and to stay home.

CHRISTINA ~ are you taking teacher prep classes at college; here in Canada to be a teacher you have to take them. Public speaking will be very helpful for you to get over stage fright in front of your students. How nice that you were able to touch base with some fellow Christians at school. Yes, my Dh and I used to make lots of wooden stuff (handmade furniture, wooden toys, and game boards; a hobby).

GARY ~ a prayer vigil; that sounds interesting. What kind of things do you pray about in them? How do you structure them? You have them in the evening; a much better time for people who want to participate, I would think. We have a church here that was having trouble getting people out to 7 AM prayer meetings; the biggest complaint was the time. Thanx, you gave me an idea.

You ladies reminded me of a post I put in our PHYSICAL CHALLENGES thread called KEEPIN' THE WINTER BLUES AWAY; what a coincidence? Here's the link, if you want to check it out ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130153

*** Do any of you believe in praying for Pets? *** We have to take our SWEETIE to the travelling Vet if we can get there tomorrow and if he can see her. We would appreciate prayers for her lump on her belly which is bigger now; thanx in advance. Your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ for you and yours continue ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-09-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #38  

Default Hi!

A quick post- everything went fine at Dr.'s good check up so that was awesome, prayers to all -I leave tom at 4am and will be back on the 22nd really late...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #39  

Rosebud - I'm so sorry to hear about your sweetie! To answer your question about my class, I am taking public speaking for two reasons: I am considering going for training in pharmacy, and it requires public speaking as a prerequisite AND I don't have a lot of confidence as a public speaker, so I'm taking the class to try and build it up. I'm not a bad public speaker, but sometimes I get so nervous that I thought having some practice will help me feel more comfortabale!

doitforme - I'm glad you had a good checkup!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #40  

Sue - YEAH! Thanks for letting us know Prayer is a wonderful thing. Speaking of which, Rosebud - I am keeping Sweetie in my prayers. I definitely pray for and over my pets (and others). They ARE family members, after all

Christina, I find that the more I speak publically, the easier it gets. I do quite a bit of speaking at conferences these days. At first, I would get so nervous - now, as long as I have my presentation whipped into shape, I don't think twice about it. I can remember the first time I had to train a bunch of teachers - I had butterflies for 2 days before the workshop! BTW - DH is a pharmacist (and has been one for 30 years) so I know a bit about the profession

We are under a winter storm warning, so I am staying put for the evening. DH is working late, so I think I'm gonna have a nice bubble bath with some good Christian tunes in the background. I pulled a hamstring yesterday morning and it is still a bit sore. Ice yesterday, I'm thinking a warm bath might help today.

Blessings to all! And prayers ascending
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #41  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we had beautiful sunshine today; and the snow stopped during the night, so we did get to go into town after all. We took our SWEETIE to the Vet and he thinks the same as the other Vet: that she has a tumor. We weren't the only one there with that diagnosis today; another man's pet of 13 y/o has one too, but smaller.

He thinks becuz she is 15+ y/o and female that is a common problem as they age. HOWEVER, he did give me some antibiotics to relieve any possible infection and recommended I continue with the vitamins I had started on my own (1/4 of a children's chewable which he said was a great idea). He says that she could live from 3-6 months yet; and just to make her comfortable and spoil her all we want, of course (she had tuna for supper tonight ~ lol).

COUNTING ~ thank you for your prayers; yes, we see our furry babies as like our own little children. Her daughter was howling when we got back becuz she's not used to being left alone without her mom. We had a perplexing day; just when we left the Vet, our car broke down again; but my UNCLE ANGEL just happened along again; and brought me and SWEETIE home, so I gave him a gift coffee card with a bonus inside which he won't notice until he go to use it ~ hehe!

So, we had to have the car towed home; it just arrived 30 minutes ago. This turned out to be an expensive day; but at least I got my groceries. Rats, we forgot to pay a bill with all that stuff going on; too much to think about. I asked GOD tonight why do all these things happen at once; and I immediately had a thought shoot back that said 'So you won't have to cry too many times this year; why not get it all over with now?' What a wise and compassionate GOD we have!

I think that He is trying to teach me that I am much stronger than I think; and with him carrying me, I can get through all of this OK. Yes, we are sad; but he'll help us through it! I am trusting GOD that everything is going to turn out positive for my brother; not in some people's way of thinking, I mean, in the end.

You know the verse 'those who try to find their life, will lose it; and those who lose their life, will find it'; I understand that verse much better now. Some people spend their whole life gathering money and things, and end up miserable until they realize that they need GOD in their lives; and others wasted their life, then had to lose everything, to find it again, through Jesus Christ our Lord. How amazing ...

GOD can use the most terrible of circumstances to change someone's life around, for their own good. (Romans 8:28) We are witnessing this in my brother's life at this time. Our job now is to love and support him through the tough times he will face in the future; and GOD will be there too, to help us support him as well.

Sorry, I rambled on so long, but I just wanted to let you know what has happened; thank you for all your prayers and support, as it is so much appreciated, words cannot say. Your fellow encourager ROSEBUD
^Prayers^ continue, always ...
Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #42  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Don't mean to leave anyone out but I really don't feel well tonight, think I am coming down with a cold. I will give myself two days to be sick and that is it.

Counting
I think it was the one crazy thing i ever did in my life. No one ever saw it because it was under my shirt but I knew it was there. Hubby just rolled his eyes and said if you want get it done again. Then as he was walking off was mumbling something about like she needs another hole in her body lol. He laughs because I have 3 holes in one ear and 5 in the other. Why you might ask. Because those last two hurt and I said forget it lol. Yes, it is a wonderful thing to have from my father. I hate the thought of buying clothes. I hate to shop.

crk
I use to love to sew and embodier. Have no idea why I quit doing that. Going to have to take it up again.

Just
We didn't get the snow but the storm we got. After I spend a few hours cleaning the yard. I did enjoy seeing it lol. That night we had such a storm, I thought I was going to wake up in oz. I called the hubby at work because the lights went out, I NEVER call him at work. He answered the phone and said is everything ok, I said well kind of, he started to laugh and said the lights went out didn't they. Sometimes I really hate that he knows me so well. DON'T tell me there is nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light. I don't even want to hear that. I had to go pee and I couldn't get myself to get out of bed lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #43  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello all!

I've been fighting this cold and fatigue since before Christmas and I think I've finally won! I've been coming home from work and just resting. I've eaten lots of veggie soup too. I hope to begin my fitness plans this weekend. I'm excited to get going on the ball and my new DVD's. We're getting fitted for our new suits in a month and I don't want to go up a size!

I apologize that I cannot address each one individually this morning. I do check in each day but don't have a lot of time to post. I have you in my prayers and as soon as things slow down here a bit I'll post more frequently. I need you and your prayers to keep losing weight!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #44  

Rosebud - oh, what a day you had! We will continue to keep you and all of your family members in our prayers!

Dawn - I hope you are feeling better! I'm thinkin' you just might enjoy clothes shopping when you hit your goal. I think the hardest thing for me will be finding what style of clothing looks good. I have worn the same - "tried and true" look for so long, it is hard to even think of trying on anything else. I actually wore a shirt tucked in with the one belt that I own today. Very weird feeling. I haven't worn a belt in about 10 years. I always gravitate to dark colors, shirts that you don't tuck in, skirts with elastic waists, and jackets that cover everything. Old habits are gonna be hard to break.

Wilma - I will definitely continue to keep you in my prayers. Glad you are feeling better. Get back into that exercise routine as soon as you can. The longer I get away from it, the harder it is for me to get back at it. Plus, I'm selfish - I really want to know how you like your ball and DVD.

On another note, has anyone tried any of the "Sweating in the Spirit" DVDs? They looked interesting, so I ordered a couple from half.com. They always come media mail, so it takes FOREVER to get them. But I'm kinda excited to give them a try

I hope you all have a good weekend! Blessings and prayers ascending
Old 01-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ I think the best thing to do to distract myself besides singing and reading scripture, is to come on here and read ~ lol! We had another snow-storm today; steady snow and wind, but it was nice to have that sunshine yesterday.

Poor DH worked on that car all day, only to find there was another bigger leak coming out from under the engine. He is not a happy camper right now ~ lol! Our mechanic is away for at least a week and not very well either. DH is thinking seriously of buying another car; we wanted to wait til spring though as we would have better options then. I hate rushing into anything; you don't make the best decisions that way.

COUNTING ~ thanx, I think we need extra prayers right now. Let us know what you think of those 'SWEATIN' IN THE SPIRIT' dvd; I have to steal my dvd player back from DH so I can play my new ones. I seem to be lacking 'UMPH' these days; gotta get back on track, but I did get a lot of walking in yesterday.

SHY ~ I have to admit that I don't like being in the dark either; I keep a small flashlight in my nightstand just in case the power goes out. Don't envy that cold; we're fighting one here ourselves, and they seem to be harder to get rid of these days. Maybe it's our age; Dh thinks that tougher strains are floating around these days.

WILMA ~ will indeed pray for you about losing those last few pounds. I slipped a bit today; been munching a bit. DH thinks it's my nerves getting the best of me; stress and me are a bad combination. So I have to tell myself 'smarten up' ~ lol!

Didn't do much today; prayed for DH and the car, bible studies, read scriptures, research on the net, meals, housework, and a good long nap to try to get rid of this flu. Had BBQ spit chicken with rice and veggies for dinner. It was a very good day compared to yesterday ~ LOL!

Take good care all, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ definitely continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-11-2008 at 09:05 PM.