Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #1  
scrapbookin4him

S/C/G: 317/314/200

Height: 5'1

Default Hey im new and need your prayers and support

I'm a christian mother of three and hav a loving and supportive hubbie, and just afraid i'll fail with this diet
scrapbookin4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well SCRAPBOOKIN4HIM you may fail with your diet...this time...maybe not...but...you won't fail with us.

Join us at Christian Encouragers ~ February

Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  

Hi Scrapbookin,
You are in the right place if your looking for support and encouragement... If you go to the Christian encouragers thread you will find a lot of sweet brothers and sisters that truly care about you. I am fairly new to posting and they have been so supportive.

It sounds like you are a Christian, so I will tell you what I have learned about failing on your diet in my many years of dieting... You will fail... In your flesh. It is only through Him that we can be truly set free from Satan's lies... How can you be a loser when Jesus only chooses winners!

I will ask you the same question Jesus asked almost every single person He Healed. DO you want to be healed?

Read Mark 6:1-6 Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, "Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3 Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?" So they were offended at Him.
4 But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house." 5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.

Notice the scripture above where it says "He could do no mighty work" Wow look at that.. I couldn't believe this when I ran across it... We limit God's power by our unbelief.

At a later time, a man asked Jesus' disciples to pray for healing for his son from a demon... and the healing didn't come... I couldn't figure out why? So I prayed, because I could relate to this man. I have also been praying for many years to be healed of my overeating, but here I was still over weight... then God showed me through His Word...

Praying, Singing, Praising, Fasting, bolsters our faith, it fan's it into flame.

God doesn’t need us to fast, or sing or praise, to perform the miracle but rather it’s for our benefit. The disciples could not exorcise the demon because the father didn’t have enough faith. The power was there, but they couldn’t apply it. We actually limit God’s power with our unbelief.

So how do you get more faith... Well that is the million dollar question. You can do what this father did and ask Jesus to help your unbelief... It make take some time... You may have to search for it. Or God could heal you immediately. Jesus told His disciples when they asked why their prayer hadn't healed the boy, He told them, sometimes you have to pray and fast. Again not to help God in the healing or to make Him listen to your prayers more, but to build your faith...

It doesn't matter what diet you are on, as long as you remember to put God first... I don't think loosing weight is a matter finding the right diet and then finally loosing the weight, I think it's finding that, yes you will fall, but then getting back up again through the power of Jesus. When you are tempted find a place to pray... beg God for His strength... Do like Jesus did when He was tempted, the only thing He used was His confidence in the mighty Word of the Everlasting God.

I have to tell you, I was one of the ones who had to search for it, but when I finally found the treasure, I found the true treasure was in the hunt for it... I praise God with all my heart for making me overweight... It brought me to my knees, and made me search for answers. I found friends like the ones on the encourager's thread...

Praise God you are here and I hope to see you on the encourager's thread.

Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

scrapbookin4him! You've come to a great place to help you NOT fail. God led me here and this is the first time I've found success at becoming healthy and losing the weight. Like Gary and Kelli said, Christian Encouragers (CE) is a great place to visit, get support, and meet new people who are doing the same thing you are-getting healthier. But, the whole 3fc site is full of knowledge and support for all of us. We're all afraid of failing, but with God who can fail? He is our rock and fortress and will guide us along the way. We will mess up (for me at times it's daily, you know, like last night when the bag of dark chocolate kisses was screaming my name), but, we just get back on our plan and work a little harder and pray for better wisdom in making choices. Keep coming back! Hope to see you in CE!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Scrapbookin, Welcome and good luck. You will find prayer and support here. I wish you success.You have made a good start by posting here.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  
Getting back on track!

Hi Scrapbookin - how is it going? Love A.R
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I want to echo what the others have said. Come join us on the CE thread!

What many of us have found is that what starts as a "diet" ends up becoming a journey to health and fitness. I personally gave up dieting forever. I just made some lifestyle changes that led to the loss of 93 lbs

I will certainly keep you in my prayers as you begin YOUR journey!

See you on the Christian Encourager's thread

Last edited by CountingDown; 02-22-2009 at 11:49 AM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #8  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi there Scrapbookin4him,
Welcome and as everyone above has said, please join us in CE thread, you will be amazed and welcome by all of us. If God be for you, who can be against you. We will be waiting for you there. Support and encouragement awaits. Good job for taking the first step.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #9  
scrapbookin4him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Rose View Post
Hi Scrapbookin - how is it going? Love A.R
well i had a set back sat. night, ive been sick and i cheated. but im back on the wagon!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #10  
scrapbookin4him

thank you!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #11  
scrapbookin4him

im totally on board, i want to change my life, not just diet
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #12  
scrapbookin4him

Red face thanks to all

What an encouragement all you are, thank you so very much!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #13  
Getting back on track!

That is great to hear - keep on that wagon! Hope you are not feeling sick anymore!! xxx
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #14  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there sweetie,
Hope you are feeling better today. Do not dwell on you so called set back, we all fall at one time or another, just get right back up, dust yourself off, and keep it moving. It takes courage to start, courage to get back up after a fall, but I know you have got the courage to do it all. Hey that rhymed!! LOL Alright now, back in the saddle. Yeeahhhh!

Aggie

Don't forget to visit us at Christian Encouragers Forum
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #15  

Default Praying for you!

I just wanted to share a book that has really helped me not just lose weight, but become really free from the addiction of food. The book is called "Thin Within" It is a grace oriented approach to lasting weight loss. I have become free to really enjoy food and yet eat just what my body needs.
joyencourages is offline   Reply With Quote