3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #217 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/111903-christian-encouragers-217-a.html)

EZMONEY 05-06-2007 08:55 PM

Christian Encouragers #217

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

EZMONEY 05-06-2007 09:00 PM

The last thread was getting long...:carrot: So I thought I would start a new one.

Angie and I went to our street fair today...fun as always. They expect over 90,000 people, we always go early, around 7am and have breakfast at the Irish Pub, then do the street fair. We leave before the big crowd comes!

We got Amanda a very cute "I AM THE BRIDE" top for her wedding the end of this month. She came by with "that boy :p " and just loves it!

Angie just got home with :jeno: ...gotta go ;)

NemesisClaws 05-06-2007 11:37 PM

I'm venting today....I'm beginning to wish I truly did live back during Jesus's time...at least everyone had no choice but to get off of their butts and go walking for water, or food, or whatnot. Here I sit, treadmill close by, and I have no energy whatsoever to get moving. My area has had rain for the past 2-3 weeks almost nonstop, and as much as I adore rain (when I'm not out in it), it's driving me bonkers and sapping my energy.

I'm trying to find ways to motivate myself, while at the same time trying to figure out how to best explain my beliefs on my blog to my friends. They view Christianity as a narrow minded, "us versus them" type of mentality, and thus those of us who believe in this are just not tolerant of other religions. I love them to death, but sometimes I wonder how folks so smart can be so ignorant at the same time. It's more than obvious they've never really done an in-depth reading of the Bible, and when I try to give them relevent verses relating to the topic at hand, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

It's just been a frustrating month, and I'll keep praying. Just wonder why it has to be so hard sometimes.

Ellies mom 05-07-2007 12:24 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been busy again this week, so I have only had time here to read everyone's posts. :dizzy: It sounds like everyone is staying busy too. Due to a minor medical issue (nothing serious), I have been unable this week to exercise and follow my previous weeks' diet.:barf: Please keep me in your prayers. After dieting for a couple of weeks I usually run out of steam, and quit whatever diet I am on. So please pray that I will have the patience and the committment to be obedient to God here. I know losing weight isn't just about my getting thinner, but rather it is about my honoring my body as the temple of Christ.

EZ - Thanks for starting a new thread with the servant's prayer again. I keep trying to remind myself that my earthly job pales in comparison to our Great Commission. Keep that positive, light-hearted attitude as you continue with the wedding plans. The bride and groom will forever be grateful if you do.:joker:

NemesisClaws - I, too, struggle at times with others' views on Christianity. Having been saved at a young age, I have trouble understanding how anyone can not see Jesus as the Savior of the World. It sounds like you are giving great feedback to those doubters, though. I realize that it may sound cliche-ish, but you may be the only Jesus some of these non-believers see. Sing out his praises and let His light shine through you.:flame:

Elizbennet - I haven't had a chance to thank you for your words of encouragement. It seems like you have a knack for up-lifting the body of Christ. I am truly thankful for your thoughts and prayers, as I am sure everyone else is.:thanks:

Everybody else - I have been impressed by your determination to see this weight-loss thing through. Remember, "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." I am proud of you all.:cheer:

Ellie's mom

haeyu14 05-08-2007 02:43 PM

Thank you for the new thread. The other one was getting really long, and if you missed a day or two you forgot where you left off at. :)

I could use a prayer or two to help me keep motivation. I've had a really hard time staying on track w/ exercise and diet. I don't know what's going on with me. I know I need to make good choices, and for the most part I do, but I have been slacking hard core w/ drinking enough water and getting enough exercise. *sigh*

Things are going great w/ the new bf. Actually they are going better than great. God is truly good to me that He brought my bf into my life.

Okay... no more time... I'm way too busy it seems.

~ lena

Gwynditmars 05-08-2007 07:37 PM

Hello Everyone! I wanted to pop in and say Thank you to SusanB. for the encouraging words where she left off on the old thread. I have good news too! GOD has encouraged me to walk last night. It is the 1st time I actually walked more then a few feet at a time, since I was in the hospital last July for a week and then in a nursing home for a month! I made it all the way around our block. I pushed my wheelchair and my hubby pushed my oxygen tank, of course I had to stop and rest a lot, but as soon as I would catch my breath I would push on and I made it! Glory to GOD!He is so good! His mercy endures forever! I Love Him so much.It is raining here so I think I am going to do my walking at walmart tonight.I am going to try and see how far I can make it. I love you all so much! Love in Christ, Gwyn:)

doitforme 05-08-2007 09:49 PM

Hi!

Sorry haven't had time to catch up my sisters father in law was in a terrible accident with his horses and a cart, he works in his field with them and was going past an old broken down foundation a groundhog spooked the horse and he went head first into the stone foundation and the cart on top of him he has massive head injuries and is in ICU he had alot of problems with the bleeding as is on plavix and it wouldn't allow the blood to clot, they have that under control now with surgery he is still in critical condition he is responding with his left side nothing on the right yet and they believe he will be blind if he lives his name is Jim Frasier, appreciate all prayers for him gotta go will update soon thanks blessings! sue

Ellies mom 05-08-2007 10:32 PM

Sue - Prayers are going up here. Keep us posted.

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-08-2007 11:40 PM

HI EVERYONE :wave:

SUE ~ prayers already on there way for Jim tonight; and his family!

NEM and LENA ~ we all have bad days and sometimes weeks; we live in a stressful world. That's why I came on here in January (cuz I was faltering badly). It took me a while to get back on track (about March & April). I was struggling a little this weekend too; but I was reminded today ~ THAT EACH NEW DAY BRINGS WITH IT, ANOTHER CHANCE TO START AGAIN!

I spent my afternoon writing and editing songs; which always lifts my spirit. Interestingly, one song talked about why is life so hard. By the end, I had concluded that we just have TO TRUST GOD at those times, and then just PRAY AND WAIT for his help to come our way!

SUSANB ~ none of us are perfect; we all make mistakes. And like the Servent's Prayer says, we daily need GOD's help to be the best we can be; that is, to be more Christ-like, with His Gracious and Forgiving heart! Chin up, Susan ~ you will find your way there too ...

GWYN ~ Cudos to you; you are courageous and brave! And because you took the risk to try ~ you succeeded. I'm sure I must have looked a bit dorky walking around and around our yard this past year; but I just look up to the sky and thank GOD for helping me to walk each day. Yes, there is pain; yes, there is struggle; yes, there are tears; but there is also gain! So, keep on going, Sweetie! We are all an encouragement to each other as well, you know! :bravo:

ELLIESMOM ~ I'm trying to focus on getting healthy; it helps me on those days when things don't go according to plan. For the most part though; I am pleased with how I have done; I have lost weight, many inches, and several unit sizes. I seem to be plateauing right now; winter is not my best time, but with spring and summer, maybe things will get better (I'm even walking more already; every day). Maybe look for a plan that you feel more comfortable with; that may help!

GARY ~ ditto; thanks for starting the new thread. It's easier to follow when it isn't too long! Street fairs; sounds like fun!

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ hope all of you are in good health, and staying OP as best you can. GOD BLESS; and keep on, keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud. :hug: (U R IN MY PRAYERS!)

elizbennet 05-08-2007 11:51 PM

Sue, I'm so sorry! What a terrible accident. I too will be lifting Jim and the family in prayer.
Gwyn, Yea, you Girl- are one go-getter!!
Lena, I say ditto on the prayer request to get and stay motivated. I am finding that I have a very stubborn/rebellious streak that thinks it is going to win this battle. Well, Lena, Ellie's mom and Gwyn we are going to make it - hang tough girls, say NO,no, and no some more! Say Yes, yes, yes to LIFE! I know just how to pray for you girls on this one!

wilma12 05-09-2007 08:56 AM

Sue: My prayers are with Jim and your family. What a horrible thing to happen.

Lena: I'm praying for you to stay motivated. I know how hard it is. Don't look back with regrets, look forward with hope!!

Rosebud: Isn't the weather up here fabulous these days? We're supposed to get to near 30C today and I'm going to be stuck in a stuffy conference room all day. :( Oh well, there's the evenings!

Gary: That wedding is getting close!! Now I know why you haven't been on here much. I'll be praying for you as you walk your little girl up the aisle.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day!

Jackay 05-09-2007 09:05 AM

Oh Sue I'm so sorry. :(

Hi to everyone else! Hope this week goes well for you all.
I may be derailed slightly right now. I sprained/fractured the top/side part of my left foot over the weekend. So the best thing I can do is more or less watch what goes into my mouth. LOL Prayers and hugs to all!

elizbennet 05-09-2007 01:18 PM

Jackay a friend of my boys works at a company as a guard. He says he has to wave the wand over everybody and he has to ck. them out real good before allowing them out. When I read your commet - watch what you eat- I laughed, thinking - No Jackay, you've got to use the wand checking for excess, useless, calories trying to sneak pass, you've got to shake and double check everything wanting entry - You, my girl, are the guard, the keeper of the body!! It just hit me funny since we were giving our friend a hard time and laughing with him - he is so easy going! On the other hand, it is true of all us wt. watcher's, we are the keepers of special and valued treasure!
Have a loving day to everyone you meet.

Kyra 05-09-2007 11:15 PM

Do you mind if I join you ladies? I usually hang out in the Chicks in Controll area. I struggle with binging and restricting and I'm desperatly trying to get into a healthy eating pattern.

EZMONEY~thanks for sharing the prayer, I really enjoyed it

EZMONEY 05-09-2007 11:27 PM

Quick prayer for my dear SUE and her sister's family! I will post later to all of you soon.