3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Catholics losing weight - Tuesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/111401-catholics-losing-weight-tuesday.html)

TappingPeony 06-24-2008 01:00 AM

CatholicCajun, never knew this kind of thing was here. I am faith-rejuvinated after a week of VBS with 16 kindergarteners. They are so much fun! I am originally from Chicago, and going to KY was such culture shock. I was many bad things 16 years ago--Catholic in Baptist country (very scary, what they still think of us), a damn Yankee, a doctor's wife. I am fortunate to work in a unit where we have no problems sharing faith, asking questions, praying for eachother and learning from one another. My big trials are my sons, 22 and 20, who continue in the faith/religion-rejection mode. I really hate when they rub off on my 9 year old daughter. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathy;)

Rosey1 07-01-2008 09:09 AM

I've never done a Blog before :dizzy: Is that what this is? I just joined 3FC today. I was surfing the web trying to find a way to Change the Way I eat, with a catholic/christian perspective and happened upon 3FC. I have tried many other weight loss plans with some success but often fall off the wagon and am back where I started:?: I know right now I am out of control but hope to soon be back on track...I pray I find the encouragement I need from others struggling but making progress. I did go to Setting Captives Free and joined the study, Thank you so much for the information. God Bless You All with a Great Day filled with blessings. :hug: Rosie1

flutestarkiss9 07-18-2008 11:54 AM

I'm new to the forums too- mine got deleted during that may-june time where they lost stuff.

I'm catholic- recently baptized this easter!

lateralus98 07-21-2008 12:06 PM

I'm a Catholic, too, and I need to get back on track, need to lose about 10 pounds! I weigh 123 now, would like to weigh about 112 or so...I'm only 5'1''

:)

lupin 07-23-2008 08:17 PM

FluteStarKiss congrats on being baptized!

flutestarkiss9 08-06-2008 12:00 PM

thanks! It was really exciting! :D

sarahraegraham 08-14-2008 09:36 PM

Count me in as another Catholic. Come on ladies!!! Let's get this threading thumping! :carrot:

Bette k 09-01-2008 10:58 PM

While I notice this is not the most active thread I too want to stand up and say I'm Catholic also, and I would like to see this thread a little more active. So Hi everyone.
Bette k

lupin 09-02-2008 04:14 PM

Gosh you can tell a thread hasn't moved much when you come back and realise your post is on the current page from your last failed attempt lol
Ahhh well....maybe we should get some actual convo's going...
errrm, ok, I think someone else should start, I can't think of anything :P

Bette k 09-07-2008 09:13 PM

Hi Lupin and others,
I uess we should start by getting to know each other, maybe just fun and simple things.

Hi I'm Bette and I'm a Catholic convert, I joined the church before I got married in 1981, I'm 49 years old ( really truely 49 not just trying to avoid 50) still married and the mother of a Son, almost 19 and in the Army, and a daughter who is 7 (she's my miracle). I'm working for the Church as a Pastoral Minister for a Catholic Cluster in Iowa.
I love reading and attending renassaince faires. My current favorite movie is Mamma Mia ( love Pierce Brosnan).

Tag You're next

BetteK