Old 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default Thanks & hello from a lurker

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a few weeks reading your encouraging posts. Today I decided to register and join in. Your successes and challenges have helped me in the past few weeks and I wanted to say thanks. I'm looking forward to participating in your discussions, but wanted to introduce myself first.

I've been dieting forever.... on again, off again. I've just begun to get serious and make lifestyle changes that will last. What a cool place to connect with other people with the same challenges.
shcreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #2  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Hi. I'm new too. I'm also in Texas. Are you following a structured diet or just watching what you eat?
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #3  

Hi Liz. I've mainly been walking consistently, reducing what I eat by avoiding overeating and making smarter choices. Exercise has always been such a chore for me. We purchased a treadmill about a month ago and I've done really well since then. It's not so hard when I don't have to go out to the gym.... and worry what I wear, etc.

What about you?
shcreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #4  
Funnymoon13

S/C/G: 268/184/168

Height: 5'9

Smile

Hi ....I am a newbie too
funnymoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #5  

Hi, and welcome Ladies!!! I too have been on again and off again for a lot of years- never really making it to the goal. But this is a new day, a new season in my life and I'm going at it again. I am minus 32 lbs and have gotten stuck just under the 200 mark. I am walking to a CD, with Leslie Sansone, and I go to the church gym where they have all the equipment. I am doing 40 minute workouts now 3 to 4 times a week (that is usually 20 on the epl. and 20 on the treadmill though sometimes I do the stationary bike). In talking with some other dieter's I am going to mix and match in some weights (which I have at home) and start riding my bike some (I rode it around the neighborhood twice now - not bad!) I think that I have lost enough that I must now cut back to a lower level of food intake so the exercising I do will jog the weight downward. Exercise is a chore, but people say you come to like it - the feeling you get from doing it, so girls -shcreamer, stay on your treadmill; funnymoon13, let us know what kind of exercise you are trying; Liz -tell us a little more about where you are in the scheme of things. I was on WW, then was on my own, and now I found 3fatchicks which offers a lot of encouragement. I hope you ladies will find that to be true for you too!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote