3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   C25K challenge starting December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/99496-c25k-challenge-starting-december.html)

hikerchick 02-22-2007 02:02 PM

Howdy Dollypie,

Yes the scenery is great. Today I had to battle the rain though. I did however make it in before the snow but only because I decided to go to the next day two 8 minute runs. I figured I could cool down by walking around the house. Glad I did because the second I got in the house it started snowing.

I have mixed feelings about fighting the elements. I do like the fact that it makes me feel tough.

I don't have a choice though not a gym for miles around and no money for a treadmill so I am like the postman. Neither rain nor snow...

dollypie 02-22-2007 04:48 PM

That's great that you get out when it is that cold and with the rain!

Elerine 02-22-2007 05:36 PM

Hi everyone!!

I'm sorry I fell of the face of the earth. I am still taking it slowly, yesterday I did W2D2. Its hard, but doable. I lost track of the intervals, and shortened the walk once - that sucked! At the moment, I love it beacuse the intervals are longer, so the time goes quicker!

Kylie

oh, Dollypie!!!! Well Done!! Wow - it's really cool to see someone finish the program. I'm proud of you!

hikerchick 02-23-2007 10:53 AM

Hey there! Glad your back here. I have come on board recently and I'm just loving this program. I especially like the way it allows you to slowly work up to running.

I run outside and just got a bunch of snow (my road is likely covered in snow) I hope it will be clear enough for me to go out tomorow. We'll see.

dollypie 02-23-2007 12:40 PM

Okay only did 25 minutes today because I was really tired and my leg muscles are feeling it. I will stick to the program and do three days of 28 minutes next week and then go back up to thirty.

Question: Do you girls do any other type of exercise inbetween your running days?

hikerchick 02-23-2007 03:10 PM

Yeah I do weights and try to go on long walks. Today I have been lazy though.

kiwichic 02-25-2007 07:35 PM

:) I just wanted to know if you all will be starting another thread for the c25k for Feb ? :)
I have wanted to try this a few times , but have always chickened out.
Are there any newbies to the c25k that have just started ?

hikerchick 02-26-2007 01:51 PM

Hi kiwichick and welcome,

I am almost halfway through the program. It seems like there are people in all stages here. I think it might be time for a new thread since this one is getting a bit long.

I went out today in the rain again. I am beginning to like the rain. Its refreshing. At first it feels cold but then when I get going I start stripping off layers. First I'll take my hood off and then towards the end the jacket goes too. I didn't take my fleece off today after all it was 38 degrees out so that stayed on.

I have been doing two 8 minute runs. I think I am ready to move on. I have to check the schedule.

Mama_Angel_2006 02-26-2007 05:17 PM

Elerine: You're not the only woman who wants to be overweight for now. I'm slowly working on being just overweight and not obese. As you can tell from my ticker, i'm definitely obese. Here's :cheer2: to a healthy and happy weight loss journey!

Kashi 02-27-2007 12:11 PM

I did W1w3 today, and it was great! :) W1w2 really sucked, so I was pleasantly surprised by today. :)

I think I'm ready to move on to Week 2, but I have a question... I walk at 3.4mph and jog at 4.5mph. It gets my heartrate up and I'm tired at the end of my workout. I could jog at 5.0mph, but it absolutely exhausts me, so I don't think I could start Week 2 if I jogged at 5mph. Would it be better to keep at 4.5mph and start Week 2, or do Week 1 again, but at a faster speed?

I've only finished one week of the program thus far, but I feel so accomplished! You guys really impress and inspire me with how you've progressed.

hikerchick 02-27-2007 12:58 PM

Great Job Kashi!
:carrot:

You could do it either way. I don't think it makes much of a difference as long as you do the program consistantly.

I haven't paid too much attention to my speed. (I do it the old fashioned way...outside) I have a vague idea of my speed since some days I cover more ground in the same amount of time.

dollypie 02-28-2007 03:36 PM

Sounds like we are all doing a great job of logging in our runs. I have had this hacking cough for the past few days and have not been able to run. I am going to try tomorrow. I will be doing 28 minutes. I am really excited because I just uploaded new music to my Ipod.

Happy Running everyone!

Elerine 02-28-2007 04:02 PM

Hey girls

Kashi: I think that if you are comfortable jogging, and you are acheiving goals at that speed, then don't push it. You can work on speed later...we're aiming for distance baby!! No, really, take it at your own pace.

Oh, I guess I'm not too worried about the length of the thread either - the Aussie Chicks thread (where I live most of the time) is currently 95 pages long!!

Mama Angel - good luck with your goal. Woo for being 'just' overweight!

Kylie

hikerchick 02-28-2007 06:18 PM

Hello runners,

I went out today planning to do 2 one mile runs and somehow woundup running 2 miles straight. It was fantastic. What made it so great was it was in fresh snow. Noone had driven our road yet so I had a fresh track of snow all to myself. It was so pretty.

Now I am just exhausted but I am still aglow that I was able to do that. I have never even been able to run a quarter in the past.

Dollypie I hope you feel better.

dollypie 03-01-2007 12:04 PM

Great job hikerchick! And what a wonderful way to run in fresh fallen snow, you are so lucky.

I did make it on the treadmill today and didn't cough. I did feel better, I just feel that I have something heavy sitting on my chest. Hopefully it will be completely gone in the next few days.