3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   C25K challenge starting December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/99496-c25k-challenge-starting-december.html)

Xanadoodle 01-21-2007 10:56 AM

I'm right there with ya Susie! I have done day 1 of week 5 THREE times!! I am finally moving onto day 2 tomorrow (or the next day if work is too crazy).
One thing that has surprised me is that even when I don't think I can make the increase, if I just try, I am able to do it. *of course I still did W5D1 3 times :)

The fact that this program slowly increases your endurance so that you can do more than you could imagine is one of the things that keeps me coming back for each workout. Another thing is that I have lost 3 3/4 inches in a month!!!!! :carrot:

susie_sunshine 01-21-2007 11:03 AM

Wow!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadoodle (Post 1540544)
Another thing is that I have lost 3 3/4 inches in a month!!!!! :carrot:

Good for you! That's awsome! I'm going to pull out a measuring tape today and start measuring myself... it might be more encouraging than the scale. I will say that on Boxing Day i bought a pair of jeans that were way too small..... but they were on sale for $20 (from $120) i figured they would fit someday...lol. Last night we went out for dinner and I WORE THEM! Ok they were still a tad tight but still!!!:carrot:

Xanadoodle 01-21-2007 11:09 AM

I do that too!! i bought a pair of khaki pants that were on sale and they were VERY tight (and just plain uncomfortable). That was 3 weeks ago and now they fit perfect!
For me the scale has only registered a one pound loss but I have noticed a big difference in my size.
I measure once a month *officially* but if I haven't seen the scale move in a while then I will pull out the measuring tape and see if there is progress anywhere else. It is a really good motivator!!

susie_sunshine 01-21-2007 11:16 AM

My scale is evil. I'm sure it's possessed by some sort of weight demon. The demon only likes men because my husband can sneeze and lose 20 lbs..... ARGGGGGGGGGG

dollypie 01-22-2007 11:27 AM

Okay I am back after a week of nasty ice and everything being shut down even the gym. I did Week 4, but am going to repeat Week 4 again since I have had a week off. That is a week off with no exercise, I hope I can get back on track!

dollypie 01-22-2007 11:33 AM

Okay girls here is some motivation. My neighbor ran the Houston Marathon in 3hrs and 12min to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I don't think I will ever be at that point, but great motivation!

killmissamerica0 01-22-2007 12:32 PM

Just started Week 1 again, as i don't feel ready to get onto Week 2 yet! last week I generally had to walk for longer than 90s to get my breath back for the running again, but today i did it in time! woo hoo!!

and well done by the way girlies, especially with fitting into smaller clothes.... i was disappointed that even though i'd been eating well and running that i'd put on a pound, however i thought i'd do what you'd done and try on some jeans i had that i knew i couldn't fit into anymore, and i can fit into them again!!!
i'm estatic!!!

dollypie 01-23-2007 05:09 PM

Okay did Week4 Day1 after being off a week. It was killer, but I finished!!!!

killmissamerica0 : CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

susie_sunshine 01-24-2007 09:55 PM

today is my day to run... but i'm just too tired...i'll try in the morning

dollypie 01-25-2007 10:58 AM

I feel the same way at times, but once I get started I get a burst of energy

dollypie 01-26-2007 10:11 AM

Okay finished Week 4 today. Week 5 here I come!

Xanadoodle 01-26-2007 08:14 PM

Well, I have been so busy at work that I haven't gone to the gym since last Saturday. I went today after work and was able to do W5D2! I really thought that after that much time off I would really feel horrible while I was running but I ran for 8 MINUTES STRAIGHT!! TWICE!!
I was giddy (and panting) when I finished.

How is everyone else doing?

dollypie 01-29-2007 11:23 AM

What an accomplishment Xanadoodle! Way to go!

I am going to start Week 5 tomorrow. I downloaded some new music to my Ipod so I am ready to run tomorrow!

Xanadoodle 01-29-2007 08:44 PM

So I was able to finish my repeat of W5D2 today. I think I will do it one more time before giving W5D3 a shot - that one is 20 minutes of straight running.

Elerine 01-30-2007 09:48 AM

Ok, so I'm in! I'll get my friend onto it too! Woohoo! Time to start something new... I guess my main goal is to get fit, I figure the fat will just fall off as I go along...let's see how we go!

Kylie