3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   C25K challenge starting December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/99496-c25k-challenge-starting-december.html)

dollypie 01-12-2007 01:40 PM

Okay did W4D3 today. I made, but was tired at the end. Sometimes I think that the end of 5 minutes is never going to come!

707Goddess 01-12-2007 02:46 PM

Can i join in i saw the site and printed it im going to start tonight ?? or is it too late

JerseyGirl69 01-12-2007 03:07 PM

Is this Couch 2? Hi y'all!

dollypie 01-12-2007 03:21 PM

Come on and join we all started at the different times.

Xanadoodle 01-12-2007 06:00 PM

Jersey - yep, we are c25k, have you tried it?

I hope everyone's run today went well, today is my off day and I am gonna give W5D1 a shot tomorrow. Just wanted to update on how c25k has been working for me. I have really noticed an increase in my overall fitness, things that made me winded just last month are a breeze now. I have been trying to eat healthier since starting the program and I have noticed that when I eat healthy and hydrate myself my runs are soooo much better.
I have lost a little weight but the big difference has been in the all over body strength I feel and there has been a definite change in the way my clothes hang on my body.
I encourage everyone to keep on running!!

cdawson1001 01-13-2007 11:11 AM

New but in for the challenge!

Hey all! I'm trying to get back into shape after having a baby the end of August. Running has always been a challenge for me, but I've always thought it would be cool to run a 5K. So I'm going to give it a shot!

Carrie

RocknRoll 01-13-2007 02:50 PM

Hi guys! I'm starting C25k today along with my other regular exercise! I used to run 30 mpw a couple years ago and i want to get back into that! I miss running so much! I'll update later on how my W1D1 exercise went!

EDIT: ok i went out and i got a little cramp in the beginning at around 12 minutes and then it went away after a minute. My normal loop i do is 2.25 miles long so i just did the workout all the way to the end which ended up making the Day One Week One workout 30 minutes long :)

I loved it!

Then i did 6 minutes of ab work, 10 minutes of brisk walking at the gym track, and 30 minutes on the elliptical :)

killmissamerica0 01-13-2007 07:53 PM

hey guys, this C25K thing is such a good idea! I'm going to start tomorrow morning, I have never EVER got up early to exercise before in my life, so this should be interesting if it goes well!! i'm hoping it will keep me awake as I have a big exam on monday and need to revise for the majority of tomorrow!
will report back on how W1D1 goes tomorrow...
Jo

EDIT: I couldn't get my arse out of bed! I got up at 7 and it was still dark, but then I thought, I cant go exercise while its still dark, and went back to bed and didnt get up again! going to have to do it this evening to make up for it.

susie_sunshine 01-13-2007 08:07 PM

well as predicted... i can't seem to get my but out of bed in the morning to exercise...

I do so well when i'm on holidays then as soon as I get back to school I can't seem to fit it in. Luckily this week we had 2 snow days so I was able to get a run in before i had to leave for work.

I'm so sad... I want to be one of those people who can get up early to exercise..... how do I become one of those people? :(:(:(:(:(

Xanadoodle 01-13-2007 11:32 PM

Susie - I have tried several times to be a morning exerciser but it never worked. I just hate mornings too much. Now I just make time after work to get it done. I wish I could be a morning person but I just had to accept that it wouldn't happend. bah!

To all the new folks: WELCOME!! c25k is very addictive once you get started!

I am hoping to do W5D1 tomorrow. cross your fingers for me!

killmissamerica0 01-14-2007 10:20 AM

I did it!! i actually made myself go and run during the day time when people are around as i failed to get up this morning. did W1D1, and i feel so much better now, more alive!!!!

susie_sunshine 01-14-2007 03:09 PM

I'm just about to do week 3 workout one... wish me luck!

susie_sunshine 01-14-2007 03:42 PM

yeah i did it!!!!! :):):):)

susie_sunshine 01-14-2007 03:45 PM

I'm concerned about week 4..... 5 minute run... yikes :O

Xanadoodle 01-14-2007 04:33 PM

I did W5D1 today!!! It was awesome, i was kinda nervous but I made it through. I think I will do each day of this week twice just to make sure I don't push it too hard.

Susie - I was nervous about week 4, I even did an extra day of it before moving to week 5. Don't let it freak you out, if you have made it this far then you can make it through week 4. I actually slowed down my speed to make it through, i am sticking with the slower speed for the remainder of the program.