3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   C25K challenge starting December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/99496-c25k-challenge-starting-december.html)

babygrant 12-15-2006 10:54 AM

I haven't started yet :( My 3 year old has been so sick. I am hoping we have all of his meds figured out and then I will be sane enough to start. :(

Xanadoodle 12-17-2006 03:09 PM

Tomorrow I start week 2! (I even excercised in a hotel fitness room while I was out of town this weekend)

dollypie 12-18-2006 10:24 AM

Okay second week on Week 2. I did 30 minutes of rotating the minutes plus the 5 minutes warm up and cool down. I think taking this slow is going to be the best bet for me, I will see how it goes!

Xanadoodle, Way to go on finishing Week 1! Doesn't it feel great! You are going to do so good with week 2!

Babygrant, Sorry to hear your kiddo is sick, hope they get better soon!

babygrant 12-18-2006 10:49 AM

i'm starting today nbut i have one hangup.

my hubby doesnt think i should be running/walking at nigt....but i cant do this during the day. i dont want people seeing me running :( its a self-esteem issue that i am working on but its slow going and thats a hang up.

dollypie 12-18-2006 05:04 PM

babygrant, don't worry about other people seeing you they really don't care. You should have seen me on the treadmill, I sure I looked like a fish out of water, but we all have to start somewhere. You look fine, what most people will be thinking anyway is they should be doing that instead of eating potato chips and watching TV.

Xanadoodle 12-19-2006 06:58 PM

I don't think people really care that much either. Of course, I get paranoid that people at the gym will hear my crazy labored breathing as I try to run for 60 seconds and call 911 cause they think I am dying. I just do it anyway and figure that one day I won't have a death rattle when I jog.;)

MariaMaria 12-19-2006 10:15 PM

And even if someone does care that I look dumb, so what? Why would I care what a stranger thinks?

Xanadoodle 12-23-2006 02:35 PM

just finished w2d2. Got new running shoes cause I started get pains in my shin and calves. Today it was like running on clouds!
Is anyone else doing the C25K still?

LittleElectron 12-23-2006 04:03 PM

Hi Xanadoodle! I'm going to start the C25k in Februrary. I'm gonna look to all of you for inspiration! Good luck with the rest of the program:)

dollypie 12-27-2006 08:12 PM

Okay started week 3 today and made. I felt like such an accomplishment to actually run for 3 minutes straight.

Xanadoodle 12-31-2006 06:49 PM

Did W3D2 today. It was awesome! I totally agree with the sense of accomplishment you were talking about Dollypie. I am excited about finishing week 3 and hitting the big challenge of week 4.

dollypie 01-02-2007 12:02 PM

So I am doing week 3 again this week and doubling the time. Just feel that the week 4 routine is a little much for me now.

MariaMaria 01-02-2007 12:30 PM

Good for you for sticking with it, dollypie. You can do this.

Xanadoodle 01-06-2007 12:33 PM

Last night I went to the gym resigned to the fact that I was going to have to do a 4th day of week 3, my w3d3 went HORRIBLY (tried running outside on concrete when I normally run on the treadmill). But once I got to the gym I decided to give w4d1 a shot and just see what would happen. I DID IT!!
I should add that halfway through I had to lower the speed on the runs because I was getting too winded, but I was able to maintain running. I might let week 4 last a little longer than the normal 3 days. I think I am still smarting from having such a miserable w3d3.

Dollypie - I totally know how you feel about the fear of moving on. the move from w3 to w4 is really big, but the sense of accomplishment at the end of w4d1 was great!!!

MariaMaria 01-06-2007 02:32 PM

Concrete is really hard on your legs, and that's on top of the treadmill/no treadmill difference (which seems to be pretty typical in most runners-- running wthout the treadmill is thought of as harder.) If you're going to run outside can you try to find somewhere paved in asphalt, which is much softer?

Good for you for sticking with it. Isn't it fun to see the program working?