Exercise Accountability -- December

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • WOW time flies December already and countdown to Christmas
  • Pilates, and weights for arms.
  • 60 min elliptical.

Welcome to December, ladies!
  • This year seem to have passed so quickly.

Cardio, pilates for toning, and weights exercises for arms.
  • 60 min elliptical
    60 min UB/abs
  • 12/1: nothing
    12/2: nothing
    12/3: 40 min strength training (upper body/abs)

It felt so good to actually do something today, but I seriously miss my cardio. Stupid sprained knee.
  • LisaMarie71 Hope your knee is better soon.

Today exercise was pilates cardio workout for 50 minutes, followed by pilates toning of thighs and buns.

Followed by weights for both my legs and arms for 25 minutes.
  • Cardio, and weights for arms.
  • *36 1/2 min elliptical*
    *25 min treadmill*

I worked so hard today. I'm happy with myself!
  • 5k on the
  • 12/1 - 20 min bicycle
    12/2 - nothing
    12/3 - 20 min bicycle
    12/4 - 55 min bicyle 20 min cardio
  • 60 min high intensity elliptical
  • 26 min of spinning
    22 min on elliptical
    5 min treadmill (warm up)
  • 30 min recumbent bicycle

Yay! I got to do something resembling cardio today! My knee is feeling much better this week -- it must not have been much of a sprain after all -- but it did hurt a bit after the bike, so I was afraid to do my usual elliptical or treadmill. I guess I should ease back into it. It just sucks to work out but not break a sweat...feels kind of useless.
  • LisaMarie - ANYTHING you do is more than nothing! But take it easy on yourself - you don't want to reinjure or strain the already existing injury, because if you do, it'll take you even LONGER to heal and you won't be doing your cardio for an even LONGER amount of time. I always get tempted to push myself to exercise before I am ready - but I'd implore you to get cleared by your doctor first, or you risk having this relatively short hiatus for a sprain turn into a much longer one, or worse, a permanent problem.

50 min - hardest LB/abs workout I've ever done. I went in and told my trainer "I want you to work me hard today" and boy, he didn't disappoint. My legs were like jello after, and tomorrow will be ****, but it felt strangely good. Word to the wise, though...if you are having inner-ear related dizziness issues, squats and lunges will make them a LOT worse.

50 min mixed cardio (15 min elliptical until I felt like my legs were going to collapse because of the leg workout beforehand, 15 min on the recumbent bike, and back to the elliptical for the last 20 minutes once my legs had had a minor rest while recumbent biking).