Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #1  

Unhappy Lunchtime workouts leave me drained.....HELP!!!

Hi

I try to workout at lunch because thats the best and the only time for me. Exercising at this time leaves me tired and extremely drained. I usually go through the rest of the afternoon feeling lightheaded.

Why is this happening....shouldn't i be ENERGIZED after exercise...like it says in all those web articles....

What do you think?

Thank you,
Juhi
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Juhi,

A couple thoughts.

What are you eating before working out? What are you eating after? Are you eating breakfast? How much water do you drink before and during?

Also, how strenuous is your workout? What were you doing before vs. what are you doing now?

I can be a lot more help with the answers to those questions.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I also get tired after working out. When I used to work out in the evenings, I noticed that I was frequently falling asleep on the couch while trying to do the large amount reading that I had to do for my job. Now I work out in the mornigs 9:30-10:30 or 11, and I get a slump between 12 and 2. I definitely feel better healthwise overall, but I do get tired after work-outs -- they take a lot of energy. I do intense cardio work-outs.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #4  

When I was working I would do aerobics during my lunch hour and then pick up a some tasty food from the deli which I ate at my desk. I loved potato salad and cucumber and tomato . I always felt great . Wether it was the food I don't know.
Are you fit ? I was back then, but I would think I would be nackered after a workout now, as i am very unfit right now .
Don't give up on your work outs.
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote