Can't Sit Still

• okay... i started exercising regularly on September 21, doing a minimum of 30 minutes of SOMEthing every day, whether it's walking, or playing my DDR games, or whatever other activities we come up with... even walking around the local swap meet on the weekends, just for the heck of it.

of course, i've noticed an increase in energy, which is great! i FINALLY have the energy to help with dinner, and clean up afterwards, when DH and i get home from work!

but for the past few days, i've been really restless... i can't sit still, at work (even as i write this, i'm standing, and shifting around a little bit), and all i can think about is going for a walk, or even trying to take a little jog.

has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? how on earth do you cope with it? any suggestions?
  • If you have all that energy run with it and do the things you want to do. I find for myself I go through spurts of regular energy and then hyper energy, it's usually around the time when something exciting is happening in my life. I get a LOT done when I am in these moods, I love it... Maybe you are so excited about your exercise program and healthy lifestyle that you just want to keep going.

Good luck and keep up the hard work...
  • well, i am DEFINITELY excited about it, especially since it had been AGES since i had the energy to function, when it came to domestic chores. and i'm at a point in my life where i actually look forward to exercising, and try to find reasons, or ways to exercise... before, i would dread it, and as soon as something else came up, i was more than happy to just forget the exercise. now, i can hardly go to sleep, if i haven't at least had a short walk, or SOMEthing!

so it's a big change for me...

i'm actually taking my bike to work, tomorrow... i'm not at a level where i can ride to work, but the area around where i work, is relatively level, so it's a good place to start... and i work in the family biz, so i can keep my bike there, and there's a tiny bit of leniency, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to take a short ride every now and then. that should help me get through the restless periods... i hope.

thanks for the encouragement! every little bit helps
  • That is great that you are feeling so wonderful. Isnt it amazing how our body reacts to exercising. Is something exciting in your life about to happen? Maybe that is where the extra energy is coming from? who knows but i would gladly welcome it.
  • oh, trust me... i'm definitely not complaining *lol*

for months, beforehand, i would wake up, shuffle off to work, come home, and plop down on the couch... i was too tired to do anything but sit, so this is a VERY welcome change.

hmmm... something exciting? oh, well... i have been pretty excited, i guess. *l* my youngest sister-in-law is in her first year of high school, and she's in the marching band. i was in the marching band all through high school, and my first semester of college, so i'm a shameless "band geek" ... now that i have a reason to go and watch her, and volunteer to help out with band functions, i feel like i'm back in my element...