3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Cool Runners - October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/95062-cool-runners-october.html)

Ilene 10-01-2006 07:55 PM

Cool Runners - October

Hey, where is everyone?

Onward and upwards to a new month :carrot: ...

YP1 10-02-2006 04:12 AM

5 miles this morning, I seem to be recovering nicely - good job as it's less than two weeks til my half!

softballmom 10-02-2006 08:25 AM

Got in my planned 4miles Saturday, even increasing my time a little bit. I actually did 4.25 total trying to build my mileage a little quicker before my scheduled 10k mid-November. Probably could have even gone a little further, but dh was waiting for me.

AnneWonders 10-02-2006 09:23 AM

I did my triathlon yesterday. 1200 m swim, 30.5 mi bike, 10K "run". I put run in quotes because it was a hike, not a run. The course was on this narrow, mountainous, rocky trail, with treacherous footing and there were some sections I even had trouble walking up. Plus the temps soared to more than 100F by the time I was finished. This was after a brutal bike course with more than 2000ft of elevation gain. Total time 4h47m.

I think I have a couple short runs this week, but mostly it is a rest week. I need it. I'm very sore today, sunburned, and in general just feel off.

Anne

softballmom 10-02-2006 09:36 AM

WTG Anne on your triathlon :bravo:

Lucky13 10-02-2006 09:51 AM

congrats on the tri Anne!

Well, I only managed to get in about 15 miles last week. My week of traveling left me very tired and I had a cold last week too...feeling much better this week though so I'm looking forward to getting back into my normal routine!

AnneWonders 10-02-2006 10:13 AM

Results are up on my tri, and I came in absolutely flat last. I still feel OK about that. I really can't believe I finished that thing.

Anne

YP1 10-02-2006 02:03 PM

Well done on the tri, it sounds really challenging and you did well to finish it. I'm still pondering trying tri, it sounds very hard though!

jennie934 10-02-2006 02:24 PM

hey cool runners!
I started running last year and did the couch to 5K training to do my first 5K race. this year I made it up to the 10K. whoo hoo. so now I'm trying to train for a 1/2 marathon in the spring. I have a while. any suggestions. or places to look for training schedules. this weekend I got in a nice 5 mile run. most work days, I only get in 3 miles. I know I"ll have to beef those up in order to get in enough for the 1/2 marathon.
thanks

Phish44118 10-02-2006 04:15 PM

Hi ladies, I am new to 3fat chicks and a runner. Can I join your thread?

A bit about me – I’m 27 and live in Cleveland OH. I started running in Jan and did my first half marathon a few weeks ago (2:08:15) and have another this Sunday. I’m a relatively slow runner, but I love it and I am so bummed it took me this long to give it a try. I am doing my first marathon with a friend in May 2007. So, I hope to keep my running up to 20 -25 miles a week this winter and then pick up my training again in the spring.

Jennie934 – Check out Hal Higdon’s website for some good training schedules.

Anne – Congrats on the tri! That’s next on my list, I really want to try one!

Only Me 10-02-2006 08:38 PM

Anne, great job on the tri! It sounds like a tough course.

Welcome Phish!

After a busy weekend involving bathroom renovations and kids swimming lessons but no running, I managed to get in 16km this afternoon. It was a couple of weeks since I last ran further than 10-11km and most of it was on the medium to fast side for me, so as I was running along at a slow, comfortable pace today I remembered, oh yeah, this great feeling is why I love running. I see more long runs in my future weekends.

Ilene 10-02-2006 11:07 PM

Way to go Anne :bravo: I was tired just reading about the tri, great work, I am so annoyed at myself for chickening out this summer for my tri :( ... Next year, maybe, just maybe...

Gym day today, tomorrow is a run with the gals...

Phish44118 10-03-2006 09:25 AM

Morning ladies. I have a trail run tonight. It should be fun. This group is holding runs every Tues night in Oct. It's at a different trail each time and we don't know how far or where we are going until we get there! Fun, fun or a good premise for a horror movie! LOL!

softballmom 10-03-2006 12:06 PM

For you guys with running groups, where do you start looking for one in your area? Any suggestions? I know there are track clubs in my area, but they seem too elite for my style.

I agree Phish, with no before knowledge it could be fun or a scream :lol:

flatfoot 10-03-2006 12:58 PM

Howdy! I am new to 3FC and was happy to see some runners in here. I have been running for a while and losing weight for a while with still a way to go on both counts. I just ran in my first marathon and was a victim of the dreaded sweep bus (you know, the bus that travels behind the pack and sweeps you up if you are below the course time limit), so now I am working on getting faster before I start training for my next marathon in June.

I just started a new speedwork program that incorporates for high intensity workouts without the same emphasis on distance. It also includes more cross training which is a new experience for me. I need to buy a swimsuit. Yikes.

I do one or two short races a month with some longer ones thrown in for good measure. The races keep me motivated because then there is no way that I can slack off on the training. I am very slow (I actually finished dead last in my first half marathon) but highly motivated.