Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 11:20 AM   #91  

Lightbulb Back to BUrnin BUTTER!!!!!!

Hi ladies:
How is everyone doing?????? I hope great!!!!!
A big welcome Kathlean!!!!! This thread is so motivating for me, I'm sure that you will just absolutely love it here...
Well I'm back to burning that butter!!!!!
I decided to stick with the basics here. Rowing/weights/denise Austin....I really think I jumped ahead of myself here so I ended up straining my back but I am all better now...hehe.
I am back on my calorie diet so I'm on track again.
Today I'm doing denise Austin for 20 minutes. Hopefully eventually I can do the full 40 minute workout...down the road.
I'm feeling good today!!!!!! WHEWW!
So my plan is to excercise 5 days this week....
A new week, A new goal!!!!!

Dena: I'm so glad your getting better!!!! 20 minutes sounds great after not excercising for a month. I know you'll be back to your old self again in no TIME!!!!! Hope you get much better real fast...turkey day is around that corner...

Kathlean: GOOD GIRL with your richard simmons and your bike!!!! WOOHOO...burning that butter!!!!! You will be out stepping Richard pretty soon!!!!!! STAy strong girl!!!!

Just do it: You can do it!!!! Good job running. New week a new goal!!!! Consistency is the key!!!! THe important thing is your excercising every week!!!! I know you can reach your goal this week!!!!!

Shauna_rene- That is so great with your 2 lb. weightloss. Good job walking!!!! Keep IT UP GIRL!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Ya all have a nice evening/day!!!!! It's so nice to be back in ACTION again....I surely missed excercising....

Shasta
Old 10-23-2001, 12:12 PM   #92  

Default Good morning gang!

I did my hotpoint fitness workout this morning and boy did it kick my behind! It was over an hour of strength training so I didn't have time to do any aerobics before work, but that's okay. I may squeeze in a short run when I get home. Okay, 2 days down and 4 to go for my goal this week .

Kathlean - Way to go on the Richard Simmons!!!! Great idea about jumping on the bike to distract yourself from eating. It usually only takes a few minutes of distraction to get you to change your thinking. But it's in a split second that you can succomb to the temptation. It seems so simple but it's so tough! You're doing an awesome job!

Shauna - CONGRATS on the 2 lbs. YAAAHOOOOOO!!!! Your puppy sounds adorable (in a BIG cuddly sort of way ). I love dogs!

Shasta - We're gonna make our goals this week - no problem . Burn baby burn

Later gators.......
Old 10-24-2001, 01:44 AM   #93  

Hi again everyone!

I took most of last week off from exercising. I did some minor toning/weights stuff, but no aerobics. My ankle has been hurting so my week off was kind of a test to see if not doing aerobics helped it. I think taking the time off was good. The past two days I have been exercising every day and want to continue doing that!

Shauna congrats on your weight loss!! And Dena, I'm happy for you that you managed to get back to the gym. Bet it feels great to be able to move again.

Well, talk to you all later.

- Kim
Old 10-24-2001, 05:48 AM   #94  

Hi everyone
Well today did one run on the bike so far, will do another soon.
I can only do about 8 minutes each time, so do it a couple a day.
Hey Shasta you got that right, We are going to kick those fat cells to the curb!!!
Justdoit, you know I never did that much before, delayed eating, and I am really suprised most the time I forget for awhile once I delay that first few minutes, its like just getting over that little hump, and forgetting food then.
Lucy Lost, Kim, I dont know what your handle means, but made me think... I am trying to get rid of my evil twin the one that is the fat clone hanging on the true me, inside!!!
We will do it one day at a time...
Yall have another great day today!!
Love ya Kathlean
Old 10-24-2001, 08:06 AM   #95  
St. Bernard Owner

Hi ladies!

Well, I didn't exercise last night when I got home, but I did walk for 20 min. yesterday during my lunch with a couple of other women I work with. We went up and down stairs, and round the building quite a few times so we really got a good walk. Last night was my husband and I's 4 month anniversary, so we spent the evening talking and just enjoying one another. We don't always get the chance to spend so much time together, but he was home early last night so we took advantage of the time. Tonight it's back to TaeBo or another workout tape. I did do about 25 crunches this morning though before coming to work.

Way to go to all of those out there losing weight and feeling great, as well as those who are making a committment to becoming healthier!

Shauna
Old 10-24-2001, 12:50 PM   #96  

Hey everyone! I had a great 50 minute swim this morning. It was all I could do to crawl out of my nice warm bed (especially when it's getting dark in the a.m.), but I was justly rewarded with a good workout .

Kim - I hope your ankle feels better. Good job getting right back to exercising!

Kathlean - biking at 8 minute intervals is awesome. A couple times a day and you'll be melting away.

Shauna - happy 4 month anniversary . You definitely made the right choice spending that quality time with your dh. And you still got in a good walk at lunch. Good job!

Tomorrow it's back to the gym for strenght training and some biking.

See ya lighter!!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 12:50 AM   #97  

Hello everybody,

Kathlean, I never thought of my handle like that before! It's actually the name of something I was writing a couple of years ago. The name has stuck with me and it seems to be fairly unique. Biking is awesome, I need to get back into it but my recumbent is broken. Keep it up!

Shauna, congrats on your anniversary! I am not motivated enough to do workouts during lunch - my fiance and I always go somewhere tasty for lunch (Lunch is my big meal of the day). But, good for you - I bet it makes you feel more energized in the afternoon.

jusdoit, I love swimming, especially in the morning! What a great way to start the day.

Well, I did a Denise Austin 30 minute toning tape today. Here I thought I was getting relatively buff (as compared to the couch potato I was three months ago) and I was too weak to even get all the way through some of the leg exercises! I have strong quads, so these were obviously using a different muscle. Well, I will keep at it. I actually like doing crunches and the like because I can for once in my life actually tell I am moving my abs!

Tomorrow I will do an aerobics tape of some sort.

Talk to you all later.

- Kim
Old 10-25-2001, 01:22 PM   #98  

Hey Guys!

I went to another doc for a second opinion, because I'm still in so much pain. It seems I was bitten by a Black Widow AND tore a ligament in my right arm from a machine at the gym. What a nightmare. I'm now in a sling for the next 3 weeks. I guess it's official... I'm now an athlete. I kinda like that title... pain and all. I have orders to only do stuff with my left hand. So I'm typing real slow.

I went on the bike for 20 minutes this morning and feel a little better. No more gym while I'm in the sling, but walking and biking at home are ok.

Keep up the great work.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 10-25-2001, 11:52 PM   #99  

Thumbs down Happy Days!!

Hey Everyone!!

Shauna Rene Thats a great Idea walking at lunch. And Happy ANiversary to you. How fun, nice your hubby likes to talk. In my hubby's Year book, under his photo it says "man of few words". Not much has changed.

Justdoit, I love how it feels to get a good exercise in, YOU must feel great after doing it early in the morning.. good for you!!

LucyLost, you would not believe it, I got off line and started worrying about your name, thinking ok I did it again, maybe the name is about someone close to you that you lost, and I stuck my foot in my mouth ... So glad to hear that isnt the case.
Are you a Writer? Keep up the great work exercising! what is Denise Austin, I know Shasta does that one too, (where is that girl )

Hi Dena Sure hope your arm feels better soon, Glad your able to do the exercising even though your injured.

Good to see yall Burning the butter kicking the fat to the CURB!!!

I did my Richard Simmons tape, it has about 25 minutes Aerobics, and some toning and streaching. I really like the toning, i can feel my legs and arms getting stronger. ANd I can stand up for most the Aerobics, I have to sit down for most of one song, and a little on to songs, but I figure I will keep doing it till I can stand the whole time, the whole tape is 57 minutes. And I sweat and get my heart rate going good.
Tonight I will add one trip on the bike too.
I am happy today cause its my weigh day, and lost another 3.9 pounds and got under 350 I am 349 now and that means I am able to weigh on the doctors scale a BIG deal, no more going to the orthopedic unit weighing on there scale Wooooo hoooo!!!
It made me really try harder on my exercise... standing as much as I could.

See yall ligher tomorrow and everyone keep on Exercising!!!!
Love Kathlean
Old 10-26-2001, 08:37 AM   #100  
St. Bernard Owner

Way to go Kathlean! Keep up the AWESOME work!

Dena~So glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery and that you're still able to do some exercise. I hope that the recovery doesn't take too long!

I peeked at the scales this morning and it looks like I've lost another 2 lbs. but the official weigh in isn't until Monday. I just have to make sure I control myself this weekend and don't make many bad food choices, drink plenty of water, and get some exercise.

I plan on walking again today during lunch. We go up and down stairs and walk pretty quickly for 20 minutes. It really helps to ease some tension and it's a great way to fit in some exercise. Thank goodness that there are others here at work wanting to do the same thing!

I better get back to work. Have a spectacular day everyone!

Shauna
Old 10-26-2001, 01:00 PM   #101  

Default TGIF

Hi Everyone,

I just did 30 minutes on the bike. Waaaahooooo! I'm determined to get back to my old well self.

Shauna and Kathlean. congrats on your weightloss.

Kim. good job on the DA tape. Hope your ankle heals quickly.

Jusdoit, wow 50 minutes swimming in the early morning. You go, girl!

Shasta, sorry about your back. Keep up the great work with DA!

Pam, hope all is well with you.

Pretty good for typing with one hand, huh?

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 10-26-2001, 01:35 PM   #102  

Default TGIF

Happy Friday movers/losers!

Yesterday I did weight training for an hour which was great but only left me with 20 minutes to bike but that' s okay cuz it was primarily a weight day. This morning I swam for 35 minutes. I was really tired for some reason, but that's okay too. I did it.

Kim - good job workin' that D.A. tape! I wish I had your outlook on crunches....I HATE THEM. Keep up the excellent work .

Kathlean - CONGRATS on the 3.9 pounds!!! That's great that you used that motivation to exercise. Way to go girl .

Shauna - 2 more pounds down awesome! Enjoy your lunch walk.

Dena - so, so glad to see that you're getting better every day. Having that forced down time really does make you appreciate being able to move your bod, doesn't it? You're doing great!

Tomorrow I WILL make my 6-day workout goal for the week. I plan to workout on Sunday also - a little bonus . We'll see. That would mean I'd have to behave Saturday night........

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 10-26-2001, 04:05 PM   #103  

Here I am!!!!! I took some time off of being on the Internet for awhile but I'm back again. I'm still excercising but it's gotten very cold here and has been flurrying for 3 days. I didn't lose anything this week but I think if I stop eating the little bit of sweets every day that I have been eating, I'll be ok. I need to find my swimsuit so I can go to the pool a couple of times a week. I know my size 18 will be way too big now Just gotta figure out where the old one is... Nice to see all these new people here!!! Oh and someone asked me about Stormie Omartin: it's an old Christian workout video that my friend lent me. It is quite a bit like my Kathy Smith Fat Burning workout but not quite as intense. My plan has been to go to bed early enough so I can get up at 7 and do a tape, but my bed is so warm and cozy. I should be doing one now, but don't feel like it. Lousy excuse I know but Emmett will be up soon. We're down to one nap a day so it's my only time to relax at all. Oh well...
Dena: Ouch! I'm still praying for you, girl. Hope you get well soon.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 10-26-2001, 10:23 PM   #104  

Arrow Trackin back!!!!

Hi,
How we all doing???? I hope good!!!!
I did denise austin for 20 minutes yesterday, boy that felt good!!!!! I'm a bit sore though but that's alright, back to burnin that butter!
In a few minutes I'll be doing my rower for 20 minutes and weightraining for another 20 minutes....that will feel really GOOD!
I believe I'm back on track. 4 workouts for this week, next week I will aim for five days!!!!!
It is raining cats and dogs here in WA ST.
I'm within my calories also so Everything is good on this end
Looking forward to the weekend!!!!! AHHHH!!!!
Hope everyone is getting their excercise INN!!!! Let's all get Lean, Strong and Healthy!!!!!!

Pam-Keep up the good work! It's so good your maintaining!!!! Get that excercie in

Just do it-YEAH! your doing it girl...hope you enjoyed your swim....your weightraining session sounded awesome!!!!!!

Dena-Your on your way girl!!!!! I'm glad your feeling better.....woohoo!!!!

Kim-good job on the Aerobics tape!!!!! You go girl!!!!

Kathlean: Wow the weightloss is so awesome...your just fading away before our eyes....wooohooo...keep burning those calories!!!!

Shauna-rene:Keep burning those calories, Great job losing 2 lbs. STAY STRONG!!!!!

Take care,
Shasta
Old 10-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #105  

Wow,

Everyone is doing so well! Keep up the excellent work everyone

Dena, yowch! I hope your arm heals quickly. Hang in there.

At work we have a thing called the Aerobic Winter Challenge which lasts from November through February. The goal is to exercise 30 minutes three times a week throughout the four months. I signed up and even signed up to be a team leader! We win prizes if we do our exercises and our team is guaranteed part of the jackpot (money) if ALL ten of us do the exercises for all four months. It should help keep me on track so I am pretty excited about it. I can do 30 minutes, I'm still averaging 40 minutes per day over the past month according to fitday.

Now I just have to think of a good name for my team!

Have a good weekend everyone,

Kim
Closed Thread