Exercise and Post Polio Syndrome

• I just signed up today. Does nayone have post polio syndrome. Would like to know what type of exercise, challenges, etc. you face.
  • I don't have post-polio syndrome, but I do have after-effects of having polio as a child. The things I find which may or may not be related are-

- balance

- flexibility (but I think most of that is age-related)

- running

- co-ordination

- body imbalance

While the other kids were out climbing, running, etc, I was struggling with a limp, so didn't develop in the physical fitness area the same way.

As for exercise, I do what everyone else does, just maybe not as heavy or intense. I lift and have been for a number of years. I do cardio- both moderate and high intensity. I don't play sports, ski, or skate. I try to address the above issues during exercise. Because of the co-ordination issue, I play it very carefully when lifting heavy.

Funny story- one time I was cross-country skiing with my brother and family. We were standing (on our skis) and talking. He said he watched me slowly lean over and fall into the snow. I didn't even notice that I was falling until I hit the ground.