3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   EveryDay Exercisers - Week of 8/20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/8624-everyday-exercisers-week-8-20-a.html)

Stamper 08-20-2001 10:14 PM

EveryDay Exercisers - Week of 8/20

Starting a new thread for the week.

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!

:wave:

Stamper 08-20-2001 10:18 PM

Dena posted the following today on the week of 8/13 thread, so I am copying it over to this week's thread:

Dena

IP:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone!

I did a lot of walking over the weekend and have done Body Flex this morning. I just have to get myself to the gym today.

Stamper, you asked how much I lost to get to goal. I lost 44 1/2 lbs. It took me forever (at least a year) to lose the weight. I guess I lose slowly, but I figure it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it comes off and stays off.

In the beginning, I joined WW and went to their meetings. I really couldn't afford going every week, so I just used their materials and followed it at home for a while, then went back when I was closer to my goal weight. I also use Dietwatch when I need a break from WW. (I have a hard time following just one plan. This way I think I have options. And it doesn't seem so bad.) Dietwatch is a free website that counts your daily caloric intake and gives you lots of nutritional info.

Coming here to the boards really helped me as far as support goes. It wasn't always easy for me. I notice when stress rears its ugly head, I often reach for food. (I'm not as bad as I used to be, because I realize thats what made me heavy. So now I try to exercise instead.) Exercise has helped me tremendously. I always feel so much better afterwards and drinking water has helped a lot, too.

Hang in there, Stamper. We're all in this together. Just keep at it, drink your water and exercise. You will get to goal. I guarantee it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena on 08-20-2001 at 05:15 PM

Stamper 08-20-2001 10:24 PM

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! I got to do a lot of exercise over the weekend (mostly a lot of swimming, water aerobics and some hard work around the pool). I didn't do too bad with what I ate (I think), but I still haven't made myself record what I ate. I am going to go enter everything I ate today into my WW Points calculator to see how I did today. It's so hard to get back into the habit of doing something once you stop for a long time. I didn't get to exercise today because I went to a rubber stamping class after work and it was too late by the time I got home.

Dena: Thanks for the encouraging words. That's terrific that you lost 44 pounds! I will have to check out that Dietwatch website.

tupo_girl 08-21-2001 12:30 PM

I didn't do that great with excercise this weekend since I was so wiped out by Friday and did a little bad with food, but I cleaned the whole kitchen on Sunday! Hehe. I went for an hour bike ride with my dad yesterday. I have a weird pain in my right side, it feels like I pulled a muscle so I'm not sure what to do about it. I want to excercise but don't want to really hurt myself. Guess I'll just pray about it:)

Stamper: Do you love to rubber stamp? I really enjoy it too (yeah you should see all my stamps!). Where in PA are you? I lived there for 7 years...

In Christ,
Pamela

Dena 08-21-2001 04:24 PM

Hi Everyone!

Stamper, thanks for starting a new thread and reposting my message.:) You're such a sweetie!

Pamela, I've hurt myself a billion times since I started exercising (stubbed my toe, twisted my foot, couldn't walk because I worked out too long on a certain machine, sore muscles, etc.). The best thing to do is just give your body some time to heal. In the meantime if you want, you can always do exercises that won't hurt your muscle... like upper body exercises, lifting weights, some yoga, deep breathing exercisies. Enjoy your down time. You will get well before you know it. Good luck to you!

So far today I did my Body Flex tape and will head out to the gym now. I won't be able to post for the next few days, because my hubby and I are going to Vegas. I can't wait. I'm so looking forward to having some fun!

Take care, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

Stamper 08-21-2001 10:45 PM

Dena: Way to go with keeping up with your exercise. I hope you have a great time in Vegas!

Pamela: Yes, I love to stamp. I've been doing it about 4 years and I also have a ton of stamps. One of my friends is a demostrator for Close to My Heart (formerly DOTS) so I get a lot of things from her. We have some good stores here too. I live near Harrisburg. I make cards and scrapbook. Even though it's not exercise, at least I don't eat when I keep my hands busy stamping. Haven't done much this summer though because I have spent most of the warm nights swimming in our pool. About the pain in your side, I agree with Dena. Don't aggravate the area where the pain is but you could do light stretching or some upper body. Even a short walk might be good if it doesn't hurt. I was in a bad car accident 4 years ago and didn't do any exercise for 3 weeks. I started out just walking around the parking lot at work for 15 minutes and gradually worked up to more. Good luck. If the pain gets real bad, you may want to see the doctor. The appendix is on the right side.

tupo_girl 08-21-2001 11:13 PM

I went for a half hour bike ride and did a ton of mall walking. I thought the pain was gas, but then I reached down to pick Emmett, and it started hurting really bad again. Now I know how I did it (cause I couldn't think of anything before hand). I'll just have other people pick him up for the time being until I'm better.

Stamper: I know what you mean about the stamping! When I get hungry sometimes, I scrapbook! I get lasting memories and not lasting pounds. I used to live in Hazleton which is maybe 2 hours or so from Harrisburg:)

Dena: Thanks for the advice!! I'm going to try to take it easy. Thankfully I'm on a no sweets week on another board, LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela

morrigan 08-22-2001 09:57 AM

After two weeks of slacking (while on vacation ~ bad excuse I know) I am ready to get back in the everday mode.

I did do a bit of exercise each day. When not laying in the hammock I was swimming and I drove home last Saturday for a 1.76 mile swim race which I did in 1:10 (only two minutes slower than my best time) and that was with hardly kicking and a bicep cramp during the middle third of the race.

Today it is back to the gym. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am going to do something.

saggy 08-22-2001 05:41 PM

Hey Morrigan, way to go in the swim race. You should be proud of you accomplishment.
I've been slacking on exercise, but I will do better once school starts on Monday. I plan to go kickboxing in a few minutes.
My eating hasn't been the best. I took the DH out to lunch today and didnt behave myself as well as I could have. Tomorrow I have a 7th grade team meeting to go to---which means tons of goodies to snack on. I will try to do my best to behave around all that food tomorrow. Have a great day.
Saggy

tupo_girl 08-25-2001 12:53 AM

Well I let my side heal a little this week...Yesterday was dh's and my 3rd anniversary. On the 22nd, he took me to a 4 star restaurant and B&B, total surprise!! Very romantic. I'm feeling a lot better and did a 2 hour bike ride today. I'm a little stressed out with the in law situation but it's only a few days and God is in control! In just 37 minutes, Emmett will turn 1...It went by really fast! Well hope everyone has a great weekend!!
In Christ,
Pamea

Dena 08-29-2001 03:32 PM

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm back from my vacation and had a wonderful time in Vegas. Now it's time to get busy and get back to healthy eating and exercise.:) Did my Body Flex tape this morning and will head to the gym this afternoon.

Welcome Tweeter and Jan!

I just realized that Thanksgiving is 12 weeks away. Can you believe it?! Maybe we can make a goal of exercising our way to Turkey Day. Wouldn't it be great if we could show our relatives a healthier, slimmer us?!:)

I hope everyone is doing great! I love this thread so much and have really cherished all my exerciser pals I've met here.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

tweeter54 08-30-2001 10:42 AM

HI

:) hi there did you have fun in vegas? was it hot we usually go in the spring time when it is windy and rainy, i really don't like to go then but at least it is not to busy i just like to look at all the bright lights and masses of people considering i live in a small town. yes it would be nice to show all our family members a slimmer and healthy us. but you are right it is hard to believe that it is just 12 weeks away guess we had better get busy. i like to run and walk althought i am not very fast at running but i do enjoy it i am hoping that it will help me to lose about 35 lbs by then. i do about 2 1/2 to 3 miles of walking and running a day on take at least one day off a week. i really don't know any of the other people, what do you do for exercise? or for that matter everybody else? well must go since this is my bedtime i need to get up about 1:00 an go and get my workout done before the kids are out of school. see ya have a nice day:yawn:

Dena 08-30-2001 08:36 PM

Hi Everyone!

Hi Tweeter! We had a maaaahvelous time in Vegas. We stayed at the Aladdin, which is one of the newest hotels there. We had a fantastic view of the strip. We were right across from the Bellaggio Hotel and could see the fountains go off in their routine every half an hour. It was great! We went all over, too. We especially checked out Paris and the Venetian, The Bellagio and Caesars since they were close by. Did lots of walking. I just love the hotels and all the bright lights. I could go back in a minute!

Wow, that is so cool that you run and walk 2 1/2-3 miles a day! I'm super impressed. I try to do something everyday... go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week, walk or go on my stationary bike at home.

Hey guys & Tweeter,
Are you up for an exercising streak till Turkey Day? It doesn't have to be every day, whatever you can get in.

Jusdoit, SherryI, Copperblu, Stamper, Saggy, Morrigan, Pamela, Marvin, Jan... I hope I didn't forget anyone.... I'm missing you guys!

Talk to you all soon.
(hugs),
Dena

tweeter54 08-30-2001 08:54 PM

count me in

It sure sounds like fun just let me know what to do i could use the exercise as often as i can, i want to lose weight before turkey day or at least christmas anyway. hello to everyone:wave:

tupo_girl 08-31-2001 02:16 AM

I've been lurking but it's been crazy here with everything going on. My little guy turned 1 on Saturday and got his first fever during his party! :( He's doing a lot better now. The in law situation was very stressful (they're divorced and hadn't seen each other in 3 years) but it worked out ok. I crashed on my sister's 12 speed bike yesterday and, stupid me, has no helmet, resulting in 2 staples in my head. Guess I won't be biking for awhile. I am down nearly 20 pounds since July though! I don't know how to overeat anymore:) That's making me so happy, LOL.
Anyway, glad to hear that everyone else is doing well. Christmas is in 16 weeks!!!
In Christ,
Pamela