Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 09:58 PM   #31  
Beauty is within...

Hi all

I'm going to keep this short, because I'm at work and have heaps of work to do.

The weekend was a disaster for my program! Marc and I had a few drinks on Friday night, which was ok, but then had the munchies at 2am and pigged on dim sims. So I thought, ok, I'll have to adjust on Saturday, so I did, but missed the exercise. Did heaps of housecleaning, so probably wasn't as bad as I think. However, on Sunday, Josh had 2 birthday parties to go to, and I ate quite a few party pies. And then had the parents around for dinner last night and ate lots of yummy but not so healthy stuff, and again no exercise.

So now I feel like a bloated pig with a headache from too many late nights! I'm going to go for a nice long walk today and will eat lightly to try and make up for it. I think I'll be making up for it for the rest of the week!!!! I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in....

I am glad to say though that I exercised 5 DAYS IN A ROW last week, and will do the same again this week, so I'm proud of myself for that.

Shasta, sounds like you feel the same as me. It's amazing how much better we feel for it - it's quite addictive!
Just as a point of interest, according to Weight Watchers, diet softdrinks, cordials, etc, are point-free. ie. they are not fattening. Because it's soda water (which is just fizzy water) and artificial flavouring, it's nothing. So as far as WW is concerned you can drink the stuff to your heart's content, as long as you still have your water. Alternatively you can mix soda water with any diet cordial you want. I love all this stuff that I've learnt. The ironic thing is that I don't like diet coke much, but have it when desperate, but by getting used to that, I find coke too much now! I had one on Saturday for the first time in ages. I tend to have a low fat choc milk these days if I want something a bit yummy!
I've lived in the same city my whole life, so I'm dying to get out. Hopefully we'll be moving in the next 2-5 years, to New Zealand or Canada.
Congrats on your loss of inches - it's a great feeling isn't it??!!

Rose I know what you mean about TOM - I've got that coming up soon and I hate that feeling! You feel that no matter how well you eat or exercise you're STILL FAT! It's very deceptive.
We're getting married 15th December, and hoping for a really nice day. Sometimes can be a bit dodgy, either raining or really hot, so I hope it'll be somewhere in between! It would fully suck walking around in a big wedding dress in the middle of a 40degree day!!!

Well, must be orf....

Talk to you all soon
Lynne
Old 09-10-2001, 04:50 PM   #32  

Hi everyone!

Well I'm sorry to say I didn't do one bit of exercise after Friday. TOM was way too bad this time! Tonight I will have to do my Tae Bo. I find that the longer between workouts the harder it is for me to do. I would really like to do Tae Bo everyday. That sounds like a good idea.

Shasta-Way to go on the inch loss.! You must be so happy. I think it's great that you've been working out five days a week. I think that does make a difference. I'm going to try that this week too. Thanks for the motivation.

Lynne-At first I didn't see your post because we're on two pages. How about starting a new thread? What do you think? Well as you can see by my post I'm in the same boat as you are! I guess the important thing is to get up and just start over again and try to do the best we can. I feel so tired during TOM. I have to take iron and I keep forgetting to. I get anemic really quickly. I know there is no excuses for not working out but between headaches and TOM it's been really hard. Hopefully this week will be better! I'm glad to see your post!
Okay I have to get back to work. Talk to you all later.

Last edited by ras8779; 09-10-2001 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:32 PM   #33  

Default New WEEEK!

hello Rose & Lynne:

How's you? I hope good.
I know we must go thru days when we think, okay today is not the day! Lately since I started this five day week of excercise, it's only my second week so...I think of that saying " Don't let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's achievements!" Today is a new week girls. Today I did 22 minutes of my rower and 20 minutes of weightraining. I upped my rower time by one minute, I can tell it's going to take some getting used to but at least I did it..hehe....I'm trying to think of my five day's of excercise day by day or else I might get to overwelmed if I keep thinking of it. Today is nice day here in Seattle, I might try and go for a stroll later with my sister. My weekend was alright. Tackled the stuff I couldn't get to earlier in the week. I was a good girl but still feel guilty about friday, went to my aunt's house, of course she had goodies galore but I made up for it saturday and sunday, no goodies then.
New week so time to look straight ahead :-)

Rose: It's okay about givin yourself a break cuz of tom, especially if you have anemia! We all have days where we just need a break. That's so good you want to do TAEBO every day though, proud of ya!!!!! New goal-new WEEK right. Let's Do it ROSE!

Lynne: Hey girl! Well I'm going to say it's okay to five yourself a break once in awhile. Today is a new day, a new week, a new goal. I'm trying hard as well not to be hard on myself , i was bad on friday but like i said new week ...hehe:-) I think housecleaning counts!!!! THat could be real work sometimes. Hope you enjoy your walk today. That will be such a nice adventure for ya to live in New zealand or canada! It's so fun getting to know a new place. I don't do so good in hot weather, being from Alaska might have something to do with it but at the same time I don't like cold weather...hehe...I grew up in Southeast Alaska...so none of this minus degree weather stuff. I think that's why I love seattle except for this hot days we have, but I've survived so far...hehe.....do you have any children?? Just curious...Well let's get movtivated lynne!!!!!!!

Have a nice evening/day !!! BUrn those calories ladies ;-)

SHASTA
Old 09-10-2001, 10:34 PM   #34  
Beauty is within...

Guys, don't post here, but go to the next thread!

Lynne
Closed Thread