3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   new to Curves (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/81401-new-curves.html)

pixiepoesy 04-10-2006 11:34 PM

new to Curves

Hello ladies! I just joined Curves and had my first day today. It nearly beat me but I managed to complete the 30 minutes. I'm interested in an encouragement buddy/buddies on here that can keep me motivated. I'm 23 and weighed in today at 234.5 pounds. :( I want to lose 90 lbs. in the long-run, but I'm trying to think of it on the smaller scale. What's a good goal for the first month? Would 10 or 20 pounds be too extreme? I think I'd be doing good if I lost 5. haha. Well I hope to get to know some of you soon!

Jen

Jasmin71 04-11-2006 07:59 AM

I would shoot for 5 lbs. small steps.....

and congratz for joining,,,,that was a BIG step!!

LakeGirl 04-12-2006 02:37 PM

Hi ya! I just had my first Curves workout today...nearly killed this anti-exercise girl, but I really loved it! I felt like I actually had a good, and yet pleasant workout. I'm doing the two weeks free with the Bounce UPC codes, so we'll see how it goes. I'm thinking it will all be a good thing!

snowgal 04-12-2006 02:44 PM

Pixieposy and LakeGirl - that's great!!! It's an accomplishment for you to make it through the first time out! You should both be proud of yourselves!

I used to make up every excuse in the book to not work out, but once I started getting into it, I've found that I really like it. It's the only thing that I'm truly doing *just for me*. For the past two months I've been going to Curves 5 days a week, and going around 2x instead of three. I've found that going Monday-Friday without taking a day off in between keeps me going. When I skip a day I tend to come up with excuses to not go the next day, either.

Pixie - you might not lose weight right away, because you will be building a little muscle and strengthing the muscles you have. I would start off by counting inches instead of weight. I have lost several inches in my waist and arms since I started back again! Try not to focus too much on the number on the scale, but how well you are feeling and looking.

Good luck!!

SexyRevealed 04-13-2006 10:27 AM

I've been with Curves since March 25th. I love it! When I first started, I thought I would die going around the circuit 2 times. I made it though. Now I can make it without feeling like I'm going to pass out, and now I'm starting to focus on my form and reps on the machines. I'm actually a bit sore today from the strenuous workout at Curves yesterday. I try to concentrate on the actual muscle being worked my each machine, and squeeze.

I plan on joining a gym after my yearly membership is up, but I think the concept is great for someone like me who is not ready for a gym at this time, and who lacks the motivation to get up and get going. I actually look forward to going to Curves.

LakeGirl 04-13-2006 10:35 PM

After my second workout today, I can already tell that I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

What amazes me, and it has been so long since I've really and truly worked out so I had forgotten, is how good I feel about MYSELF just by working out! I know that in two workouts, I haven't lost any pounds or inches, but mentally, I feel awesome!

snowgal 04-13-2006 10:40 PM

Way to go lakegirl!!! Good for you!

Curves4Life 04-14-2006 02:54 PM

That is awesome!! You guys have taken the first step which is the hardest.
I love Curves! It has been the one thing that I can stick with in a long time.

You first goal should be inches and how you feel. You may or may not lose weight - it really depends on how your body responds and your food intake.

I have been a member of Curves since Dec. 05 and I've lost 28 pounds, 13 1/2 inches overall and decreased my body fat by 3.8%!!!:carrot:

Curves is definitely paying off!!!
I am ready to be HOT LIKE FIRE :devil: :devil:

Cute_n_curvey 05-01-2006 02:54 PM

I want to join Curves SOooooooooo BAD! But my fiance says we can not afford it. I used to be a member about 5 years ago. My Curves is oly a mile up the road. So I would walk there, exercise, and walk back. What a way to slim down my legs! But, it does not look like I will be joining anytime soon.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT GIRLS! I loved it when I was able to go. And I really did lose inches and lbs!

Valerie Joy 05-01-2006 03:30 PM

Welcome to curves!

I joined curves in January of 05. I was toning up while going there but loosing less then a pound a month.

By sept of 05 I added counting calories in addition to curves and the pounds started dropping. About 2 pounds a week on average!

Around 6 months later my weight loss started slowing down so I joined a second club to do cardio and weights on my off days at curves.

My point here is that while curves is a great place to start exercising you probably won't see any huge losses w/o changing your eating also!

Good luck! :cheer: