Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #16  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Can I?

I needed somewhere to post this, so was wondering if I could post here. You guys are my inspiration. I used to love to run, and am finally getting to the point where I am able to think about doing it again, and this morning I actually ran 1/4 mile. I know it's not much, but I'm shooting for a 1/2 mile, and then so on.

Dee
Old 04-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Dee, and of course you can post here... 1/4 of a mile is great for your first time out...

This morning I ran to and from the gym, once at the gym I worked back and bis... Tonight I swim for an hour...
Old 04-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #18  

Ok, so how do you motivate yourself to run everyday? are you taking some kind of supplement? Is there something in the water? I need as much help as possible. I have been having all sorts of eating issues of late and i dont want to exercise because that is what i do when i feel healthy, and right now, i feel anything but.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

eada -- There is no supplement or magic pill that motivates anyone to run or exercise. Some days I just "do it!" whether I like it or not, and I never EVER regret a run or workout. I workout much better though when I am well nourished. When I don't eat well I try to refocus by journaling, writting everything I eat down, getting rid of all the junk in the house... On that note I'm off to swim...HTH and TTFN ...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #20  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy

Although I haven't posted regularly lately, I've kept up with my running. I think I am getting too comfortable into my routine (15-20 miles/week). I know I really need to challenge myself, but I guess I am just being lazy.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #21  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Ran/walked 8 miles on Tuesday in about 75 minutes...I've had to up my running a little bit lately b/c of my poor eating habits boo!!!!!

ugh...I just want to lose about 7-10 more pounds...why is this so hard right now? grr...

I also have developed a severe blister on the side of my big toe...I bought new running shoes but they are the same size/brand that I have always bought...I guess I need to see about stretching them a bit...

Helen - great pics! you looked very comfortable out there!

Hoping to do about 5 miles tonight...I need to get about 15 miles in before the end of the week - Had a major pigout fest at a party the other night when we were watching the NCAA championship game...way too many calories but I've been doing ok since then with my food so i need to keep up the running this week (along with some crunches and weights...)

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Dee. 1/4 mile of running is farther than I went on my first day!

Emily, I so understand about losing that last 10lbs. It seems like it'll never go away.

eadavenp, It is tough to get out there and run on a regular basis. In fact, I ended up skipping yesterday's run because I was feeling terrible and just not up to it. Generally, though, I motivate myself to get out there by reminding myself how much better I'll feel when I get home from running. Sometimes I'll get out there, still feel crappy, and let myself cut things shorter than I'd planned. I'll promise myself I can turn back after 10-15 minutes if I don't feel better. Like Ilene, I never regret getting out there and exercising once it's done. I also only plan to run 5 days per week. The body needs rest too; at least mine does.

Miaka, It sounds like you have a decent base milage. Have you thought about signing up for a race this summer as some motivation? It helps me a lot to have something to work towards.

After Tuesday's tough run, Wednesday I felt even worse, so I went for a walk in the morning and didn't go running at all. I feel a bit guilty about it, but I think my body really needed the break. This morning was sunny and cool. I had a great 10k run, including 4k at about 10k race pace.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #23  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I did a fast 5k run today on the treadmill (under 24 minutes ). I'm really trying to explore where my boundaries are at the moment, and I've not quite reached them yet I don't think! No running tomorrow, I'm having a day of COMPLETE rest from exercise. Bliss!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Wow Helen that is really fast! I can never get as fast on training runs as the actual day but I do include speed intervals during workouts so I'll be ready to bust out when race day comes lol.

Did 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning between 6-8mph.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:06 AM   #25  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Whew, I did my 5k race today in 24:13 which I class as a better run than when I dipped under 24 on the treadmill because it was far hillier and there was a horrible wind which slowed me down. I was the 6th woman to finish (in a fairly small race) so I'm pretty pleased with that
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

Helen -- Wow!! Speedy Gonzales!!
Old 04-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Congrats on the finish!

I did a 10-miler this morning just exploring around town and it was so much nicer than just running circles around the park. My long runs will definitely have to be more exciting if I want to increase mileage.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

I did 12k this morning it took me 1.5 hour I was pooped, I hadn't run that long in a long time...
Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #29  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

I can totally sympathize with wanting to loose the last few pounds. I have trouble loose the last five and it is driving me nuts! I am going on vacation next month and hope to loose some before then.

Signing up for a race might be a good idea, thanks for the tip. But I really don’t know of any that is in my area. I guess I have to look harder.

Helen, congratulations on finishing the half marathon! Can’t believe you did 3 miles in 24 min. That’s great!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #30  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I did 11.4k this morning in an hour on the treadmill - BOOORING!!! But it was a bit cold to run outside so I forced myself to do it to remind myself why I'm looking forward to summer so I'm more inclined to get outside!
Closed Thread