Coast to Coast Challenge....SIGN-UP

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Love to walk? Don't love it but you are doing it anyways ? Up for a challenge?

JOIN US IN THE COAST TO COAST CHALLENGE

A group of started with the "March of the Chicks" challenge as we tried to meet a collective goal of 1 million steps. We met that goal last week

Now. we want to collectively log enough steps/miles to walk "virtually, through the magic of computers" across the US, via Interstate I-90. We'll start near Boston, MA in a little town called Hopedale and we'll walk our way to Seattle, Washington. As we pass through an area that our fellow chicks live near, we'll invite them to share a little about it. If we get the technology thing down, we can post pictures of the area, too.

Since we all have a different stride length we've settled on a standard of 10K steps equaling 5 miles.

There a bit of planning left, so the plan is to start Saturday, March 25th. Hopedale's an very interesting little town, and I'll post a little about that too.

If you'd like to join in, please add a post signing up hear and then we will start walking/logging on Saturday. I will establish a separate thread then. To make the tracking easier.

Join us, won't you.
    I still have a bit of mapping to go, but we
  • Yippee! Got my trusty pedo in my pocket and I'm ready to start steppin'!

Thanks, Chris, for getting this together!
  • Yay, Lena you are the first to sign-up, or second I guess . I e-mailed the moderator for the exercise forum and asked her to sticky this thread.

This should be fun, I can't wait to get my new sneakers and pedometer this weekend.

Walk with you soon
  • ===raising hand=== Me me me. I am ready to go!! And I too have brand new sneakers LOL

Yes, thanks for all your hard work in organizing this!
  • Stickied! Hot diggity! Thanks to whichever power-that-be did it!

Glad to see you here, Dance! Boy, with the two of you having new sneakers... wow! We're gonna tear across country at lightning speed! Zoom!
  • LOL yah she got it stickied! This is the sign up thread so not sure if we are supposed to be chatting here LOL but soon we will have the second thread! This is exciting... wow I wonder when I will come walking in home LOL... it's a LONG way from MA.
  • Quote:
    This is the sign up thread so not sure if we are supposed to be chatting here
    Whoops! Shhhhhh Won't say another word then!

((zips lips and tiptoes out of the room))
  • I'm in, too!

Michele
  • HI
    I would love to go on this stroll with all of you across the country. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I better dust off my walking shoes.

Jayde
  • You gals know I'm in! I can't wait to get started.
  • Yay Jayde and Lydia. Yeh Lydia we were kind of expecting you!

Jayde, glad you decided to join in too!
  • Welcome to:

Michele
    Jayde
    Lydia

That's 6 of us! The countdown begins...4 days to go. Get your sneakers and pedometers ready
  • Can I join in? I have sneakers and pedometer ready!
    Kathy
  • Hi Kathy... glad you are joining us!
  • Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to the exercise as much as I am to the geography lessons and friendship.

u... How many miles is this route?