Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 AM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Last edited by POOKIE88; 06-16-2007 at 01:36 AM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:12 PM   #2  

Hi Pookie,
I've used Oxycise for years and it really does work. Of course I've fallen off the O wagon now and then but I always manage to go back to it. I especially use the commuter tape. If you run into Barb G tell her I said hi. We used to have an O thread going on here a loooonnnngggg time ago but if this is the same Barb I would love to say hi to her. Take care and good luck with your operation and with Oxycise.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:31 PM   #3  

what is oxcise and the commuter tapes
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #4  

Pookie,
Please keep me posted on your progress. Even if you can't do the breath as deep it still works. Believe me. I feel so much better when I do O. It really does help my energy level and it helps slim me down quickly. Thanks for telling Barb I said hi!

Jagmom-the commuter tape is a tape or a CD that you do the breathing exercise with while you drive. You don't do the physical motions but you just breath along with Jill and it really does help you keep focused and calm. I'm not sure about you but sometimes this is a challenge for me. Especially in heavy traffic.!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Rose!!! What do you mean you don't do the motions? Haven't you met me with my arms waving through the open top of my Mustang?

Seriously, It's great to hear from you again!! I have had so many computer problems (and two separte laptops stolen) I lost track of you and lost your email addy. I have to admit that I am an off again/on again O'er these days, but Pookie has inspired me to try to get regular again. And now knowing you're around and still breathing, really inspires me. I've just had some disappointment in the weight loss front, but it's now time to regroup. TONIGHT I will measure, and start back on my level 1 tape.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:40 PM   #6  

Barb where have you been? I've had computer problems lately too so I can so relate and as for the weight loss, mine has been nonexistent so I've started doing O again and Leslie Sansone's walk videos. I will try to post more often on here so I stay more motivated and hopefully we can keep each other going! How have you been? It's been so long since we talked last. I have to use my work email because my home computer is sick so the only way to reach me is on here or through the IM. I hope we get to chat more! I've missed talking with you ! And I was wondering if that was you waving your arm around!

Pookie,
Thanks for letting Barb know I'm around. Let's keep each other going. We can do this!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Okay girls! ONE DAY IN A ROW!!!

I made my self do my level 1 tape last night and I slept like a baby, sure felt good. Why can't I do it every night? I WILL do it every night!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #8  

Hi Fellow Oers!

I did my level 2 and the commuter this morning. I agree Barb I feel so much better when I do the workouts, why don't I keep doing them? Anyway I won't be around until Monday because I post from work but I won't be in tomorrow. So have a great weekend and keep doing O!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #9  
Hang In There

2 days in a row and I already feel skinnier

Pookie how are you doing?
Old 03-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #10  
Hang In There

Watch out guys!!! I'm on a roll!!! 3 nights in a row for me. WATCH OUT!!!
!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:44 AM   #11  
Hang In There

It' Monday morning, and I've done my O 5 nights in a row now. Only 16 more and it becomes a habit again. That is what they say, do something for 3 weeks and it becomes a habit.
Rose, how are you doing? Pookie, you haven't reported in. Any lurkers out there doing Oxycise and want to join in. We love to hear your sucesses or even your failures, or fustrations. I've read Oxycise mentioned on several other of the thread I've read, so I know there are a lot of interest in it right now. It would be great to get this thread active again. The more that join in, the more accountable we all become!

Well, coffee time is over, I've got to get ready for the health club and my walking and water aerobics. Have a great day.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:17 PM   #12  

Hey Pookie and Barb,
Sorry I can't post over the weekend. My computer at home is still broken. I'm right with you Barb. I'm determined to make O a habit. I am having teeth problems right now. It looks like I might have to get one pulled. I just hate toothaches. I will try to stay with the O anyway. The pain is just getting ridiculous though. Pookie there is always room on the wagon so jump right up. Be careful with your wrist. It's a good idea not to strain an old injury.

Well back to work for me. Keep Oing everyone!
I hope others decide to join us. The more the merrier.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:37 AM   #13  

Default Aerobic Breathing

I'm so glad to see others on this message board that use aerobic breathing. I'm new to these boards and have come along so far with doing Lifelift breathing. These breathing programs definately work well. And definately make us healthier from the inside out! : )

I'm glad to be here.

Wanda.
mandw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:41 AM   #14  

Hi Wanda,
I have LifeLift as well. I find Rachel's workouts are more similar to Greer and bodyflex but not as forceful as Greer's. I've used Oxycise (Jill's) for a while now and just find it so gentle so I use Jill's. But it doesn't matter which one you use the benefits are the same. I hope you'll post here with us! I agree that the benefits are great.

Barb and Pookie-I managed my L2 today. It felt great. I can already see the change. Especially in my face. I hope you all are doing well.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #15  
Hang In There

YEAH!!!

I have done my Oxycise for 1 full week, 7 days in a row. I so want to make this a part of my life again. I have lost 1.5 pounds without changing my eating at all. Just think what I could do if I could get my eating under contol.

I want to thank Pookie for getting me motivated again, and to my long lost friend Rose for keeping me going. (I'll take the award now, sounds like oscar night huh?)

Welcome Wanda, I read your post on 300+ and meant to comment about your doing Lifelift, but there is so much to read and keep up with on that thread, it got lost in my mind. But we are glad to have you join in with us here.

Any other aerobic breathers of any kind, please join us and keep Breathing!