3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Walkers Needed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/75177-walkers-needed.html)

Sue67 02-03-2006 10:08 AM

Walkers Needed

Hey ladies, I would like to start a walkers thread. I have been walking for almost 4 weeks now and would like some encouragement/advise from other walkers. I walked at least a mile 5 days a week for three weeks in January. My goal for February is 2 miles a day. I work 2 jobs and have 2 active boys so finding time to do more than that is challenging. Anyway would like to hear from fellow walkers.

Sue :tread:

~zoey~ 02-03-2006 10:46 AM

I am a walker too. I live on the Cumberland Plateau in TN, so my 2 mile walk is a very hilly one. I try to walk about 5 times a week, and I do well when I follow that plan.

I got hooked on computers late in life [I'm 68] and sat instead of walking, gaining about 40 pounds........dumb move!, so I was glad to find this site.

I am now back on my walking plan and I *need* to stay there!

zoey

alinnell 02-03-2006 11:26 AM

I've been walking for about 4 weeks now. I started out with about a mile, and have moved up to just over 4 miles per day, 5 days per week. I live in a fairly hilly area and most of my walk is uphill. I'm currently unemployed, and have a goal of losing weight before I go back to work in April.

jennilynn 02-06-2006 09:05 PM

Hey girls. I'm a walker too. We walk 2 miles a day, rain shine snow and yes even in the sleet. I have a group that i walk with including my mom, best friend, and god children. The kids get to ride their bikes and play along the way. We live on a dirt road that's hilly as well. We end up at a creek where we stop for a few minutes and just play. I really enjoy it. I recommend walking. It was slow going for the first couple of weeks but I love it now. It's my thinking time. I am glad to see this thread of walkers! Let's keep going!

maegdaeien 02-06-2006 09:11 PM

I'm a college student, and for the past week or two I've been trying to walk around campus between my classes (on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays I have breaks of 90 minutes or so). Last week I walked so much that my legs were aching all weekend! Hopefully the stupid things will get used to it soon. Anyway, I'm having a hard go of it today and probably will the rest of the week because the weather is ultra crappy here in Michigan. I'd rather not be freezing and have my face pelted with icy snow for an hour or more at a time. :stress: But I'll see what I can do!

SpiritLed1 02-06-2006 09:45 PM

I'm an indoor Leslie Sansone walker does that count?

september26 02-07-2006 08:38 PM

Sue67,
Please get the Leslie Sansone walk fitness videos. One in particular is "The Walk Diet". This DVD comes in two formats beginner and intermediate. The beginner is the one-mile walk and the two-mile walk is for those who have been walking for awhile. The beauty of this workout is you are working all parts of the body and you don't need a lot of space. You will be finished in as little as 15 minutes with the one mile or 30 minutes with the two mile. I love her workouts. With your children, you will find you are getting more than a workout. Watch the pounds come off.

WaterRat 02-07-2006 08:43 PM

You do know that there's already a thread for walkers? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75051

JoyPaige 02-08-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennilynn
We walk 2 miles a day, rain shine snow and yes even in the sleet.

Now THAT'S dedication! :cp: Walking is my preferred exercise as well but I put it off in the colder months.

I'm pretty anxious for spring-like weather to arrive so I can get back at it. I've done treadmills at my local gym but it's just not the same. Nothing beats that fresh air!

Thanks for the info on Leslie Sansone, Sept26. I'm going to have to check her DVDs out.