Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #1  
Sunshine Mendez

Question What kind of workout do you all do?

and how often?

I'm new to this site. Been doing aerobics since mid-August and have become a fanatic. I love it, I went out and bought a step bench and weights. I'm joining the aerobics class again and have added pilates to the mix.

Do you all have any experience with pilates? Please share.

I'm a college student and a single mother with a part time job, so I take my aerobics class as an actual elective to my degree. There was a midterm and final and you get a grade too. That all makes me have to go, but I have learned to love it so much.

I work out 3 times a week for one hour. Next spring I'll be working out 3 times a week for one hour in the morning and one hour of pilates in the afternoon.

So tell me about how you all workout.
smendez1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I work out 2x/week with a personal trainer- 30 min of weight training. Before each trainer session I do 15 min on an elliptical machine. I'm trying to work up to doing more, but that's a hard machine! I also do an hour long cardio kickboxing class 2x/week. It incorporates floor exercises as well. I am addicted to it, and I never imagined I'd be able to say that!
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I exercise 6 days a week for an hour each day. I do Billy Blank's Bootcamp series and just rotate them. There are 4 DVDs in the series that I have. Two are them are an hour long and the other two are a half hour. So I do the two half hour ones on the same day and the other two on their own day. I've been only doing them for two weeks but I already feel stronger and more confident.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #4  
Exercise Queen

I've been using The Firm workouts since July 1st and I love them. I have about 35 of their workouts and I follow a rotation set up by one of the instructors on the website. I usually workout 5 to 6 days a week.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Well it looks like I'm the only one who has done pilates and I like it. I also do power yoga. Pilates was developed with some yoga forms in mind but really focuses on core strength. It is an amazing abs workout. I also do some weight lifting and treadmill. Power yoga is really it's own yoga type but if you have no idea what it is--it is kind of a cross between aerobics and yoga. You will sweat during this workout.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I do 45-60 min. of aerobics 6 days a week (hydrofit, treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine--I vary it) depending on how much time I have and lift weights 6 days a week (split program) plus take one beginning yoga class a week. Try to stretch every day and do ab work about four times a week.

Have fun with the Pilates--I've heard it's a great workout.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #7  
one leg press at a time

I aim to workout 5-7 dats per week. I primarily fo The Firm anf Fitprime/Kickbutt tapes or when I can I go th The Firm studio. Once in a while I treat myself to a PT session and get a new routine to do until I adapt, get bpred or need a new challenge. I am planning on getting a PT yoga & pilates session after the holidays with on of the former Firm instructors.
On the rest days I still do some activity like a short yoga tape or go for a walk.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #8  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I do taebo bootcamp like teahoney I exercise about 6 days a week I think it works out to. I don't really go by the days. I just exercise 3 days in a row and take a day off and then start all over again.

Awhile ago I did pilates. It wasn't really for me because I enjoy the fast pace sweating and jumping about exercises. I have heard that it's worked a lot for tons of people.

Good luck!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #9  

I walk on a treadmill for about 45min at least 4 times a week, usually varying speed and incline. I also lift weights at least wice a week. and I try to get some sort of activity everyday that I don't go to the gym, even if it is just a walk around the block.
JR'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #10  

I either walk at a bike/ped trail or I do exercise dvds at least 5 days a week. I vary them to keep from getting bored - George Foreman, Karen Voigt, Leslie Sansone.

It's time for me to set some new goals, to "kick it up a notch", so I'm thinking about joining the YMCA. My time is limited because I work full time and live way out in the country so I'm working or driving 9 1/2 to 10 hours a day.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

I run 3-4times/week, go to the gym 3-4times/week, swim once/week...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #12  
On my way!

I workout 5-6 days a week with the Firm. I own about 15 of their workouts and rotate them.
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Run 3 x a week, lift heavy 3 x a week (on running days), 1 mixed ability kickboxing class (1 hour), then one day with an advanced kickboxing class and ladies only class run straight together (2 hours), and generally am just on my feet all day Saturday walking round London or wherever we happen to be (next week Paris). It looks a lot when I write it down! I'm amazed at myself
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I bike for an hour 5x a week (part of my commute), walk 30 minutes a day on my lunch break and go to a 1 hour aquacize class 3x a week. There's usually at least one dog walk in there too. I love my exercise routine because it's built into my schedule and lets me eat like a normal person.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #15  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I go to the gym every morning before work and usually either run (2-3 days), lift weights (1-2 days) and swim (0-1 days). The exact breakdown varies from week to week, but it's roughly like that. Then if I'm at home at the weekend I tend to go for a long run outside one morning (I don't run outside during the week because it's always dark when I'm at home), and sometimes pop to the gym for a swim but not usually a proper gym session. Oh, and I walk about 3km per day between where I park and my office, as well as usually walking for around an hour at lunchtime, and general walking at weekends.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote