3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Cool Runners #20 - November '05 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/67875-cool-runners-20-november-05-a.html)

Ilene 11-01-2005 10:31 PM

Cool Runners #20 - November '05

Wow!! November already!!
Just starting the new thread...

I haven't run in 2 days :( I hate when life gets in the way... I'll be running tomorrow though :carrot:

2frustrated 11-02-2005 02:39 PM

Hello everyone! I officially HATE running! :rofl: But I want to be able to do it! Okay so maybe hate's a strong word, perhaps, I'll love it soon!

So today I started the couch to 5K program. I e-mailed DF from work to tell him we really should get our collective lardy butts in gear and start running. He chickened out on Monday, cos he went for a drink, then he rings me today and says he has a meeting... :chin: So I thought I'd go out without him, but he said not to cos it's dark and rainy and he doesn't awnt me getting mugged (bless him). So I decided to do my first interval training running up and down the living room. I did. I sweated, I feel dead proud! And it wasn't hard at all! So maybe if the program progresses as I do, I might be running 5K soon! :cb:

So I'll be checking in here Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays or Saturdays (depending how much life we have on a Friday night!). If I don't come here and tell you how good I've been and how much I love my new 5K program, Ilene, I give you permission to come and :rollpin: me in the LWL thread!

Soon to be a "runner" :carrot:

Ilene 11-02-2005 04:12 PM

2F -- I will hold you to that and convert you into a runner if it's the last thing I do :lol: ... I LOVE running!! It really is THE ONE thing that has made the last few pounds go away, so you just gotta LOVE that, even if you decide that you do HATE running!

I didn't run today but I did do some LEGS :strong: and bosu skipping, my new fun cardio!

2frustrated 11-03-2005 05:35 AM

I like the sound of your bosu skipping! If only I had a bosu ball and high enough ceilings! :rofl:

Both kickboxing classes have been cancelled today so I'm dragging DF out with me (he's wimped out on Monday and Wednesday...) and we'll go running if it's the last thing I do! :D

2frustrated 11-04-2005 04:35 AM

We went! :cb: We only did 10 mins instead of 20 mins of intervals because DF was flagging :D For once I'M the fit one! I bundled up in tracky bottoms, long socks, vest, long sleeved t-shirt, body warmer, light jacket, hat and gloves! :D I was only just warm enough!

I actually ENJOYED running last night! I think I found my pace ok! I have a friend who likes to sing the little song from Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." when she's working out to keep her going.. so I used her tactics and sang, "Just keep running, just keep running!" In my 3rd running interval I actually felt like I was doing it RIGHT! My thighs weren't hurting (thank you squats!) and I like the feeling of just progressing along the street! The only problem I have is the lung-burning feeling! Don't like that, but it will go right? When I get a bit fitter? Won't it? :?:

AnneWonders 11-04-2005 04:15 PM

Hi everybody,

I got the go ahead from my OB yesterday, and this morning I got up and ran! It was pretty tough, but I managed about 4:1.5 run to walk intervals on average. I think that was really good considering I was expecting to make it about 30 sec before I crashed! Anyway, I was running slowly (for me anyway), about a 13.5 min/mile pace, and walked about 20min/mile on the rest breaks. Made it 3.5 mile total, with my longest run interval about 0.4 miles on a slight downhill grade.

It felt great!

Tomorrow I'm getting my bike cleaned up and fixing the flat tires (!) and jump back into cycling as well. Unfortunately none of my cycling clothes fit me, so I'll have to improvise.

I'll run again on Sunday or Monday, depending on DH's schedule and when I can get back to the pool. I'm going to run at least 3x/week now.

Hope everyone's running is going great!

Anne

lizzbabe 11-06-2005 02:37 PM

I ran 10 MILES this morning!! That is the furthest I have ever run and I just had to make an announcement...woohoo. Next weekend I have another 5-k race but on Sundays I do a distance run and I am quite proud of myself.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

YP1 11-06-2005 03:15 PM

I did some fun running last week. I was on holiday staying with family, and I hadn't taken my proper running stuff, but had some decent shoes on and took my sister's dog for a walk down the sea front. Anyway, he was pulling a bit so I told him that if he wanted to go faster then I was up to the challenge. I ended up doing some decentish intervals with him, little runs and walks between (I was wearing a skirt so not particularly fast but enough to get my heart rate up and him panting a bit), and not a full work out, but the sort of fun, playing running I' d never have done at my heaviest. Like when you're a kid and you don't think of it as exercise, just messing around. That's the sort of moment when you realise why you put yourself through it.

eadavenp 11-06-2005 09:23 PM

i have finally started to get back into running. i ran on thursday and it felt great! now i just have to go again either monday or tuesday... I did a sort of loose version of the couch to 5k so i was wondering if i could join up with you guys here.

Ilene 11-06-2005 09:46 PM

eadavenp :welcome3: Of course you can join us!!

AnneWonders 11-08-2005 10:09 PM

Liz, congrats on the long run! 10 miles is a big deal.

YP1, sound like a very fun run.

Welcome eadvenp!

Hi Ilene.

I ran again tonight. Second run since DD came. I felt like it was a disaster. I worked so hard just to make it. Same basic run/walk intervals as 1st run, same course (3.5 mi) in 53 min vs 52 min. But it just sucked. I guess these things happen. But I did it. Next time it will feel better.

I'm now officially shooting for 3x/week running, with some cycling and swimming mixed in. I'll start lifting again after I'm done being sore from running and cycling. REALLY need to work my abs too. Getting some core strength again should help all my tri disciplines.

Anne

Ilene 11-09-2005 08:08 AM

Anne -- You're doing great!! Last week it was 53 mins this week 52, at this rate you'll be back to your ole running speed in no time!

5k Tuesday, 5k today and swimming...

lizzbabe 11-09-2005 08:54 AM

4 miles intervals on the treadmill this morning...then a jog at the park this evening with my friend.

YP1 11-09-2005 02:24 PM

5k monday, 3.5k yesterday and today. I'm having a couple of days off running then aiming for a long run on Saturday.

Only Me 11-09-2005 05:59 PM

Hi all! Welcome eadvenp.

I'm still out there running. Ice pellets did cause me to cut one run rather short last week though. I'll run in snow or rain, but what felt like razor sharp little ice pellets hitting my neck was too much for me. Then this weekend I had 2 really, really slow runs for what I thought was no apparent reason. Looking at my log though, I'd run quite fast for me 3x the week before, so my legs were probably tired. Plus I'd eaten too much Hallowe'en crap that week too. So at least I got out there, even if it was slow. Today was much better despite the wind.

Anne, hang in there. I'm sure you remember having good and bad running days pre-pregnancy too. The bad days are what make us appreciate those days where you feel like you could comfortably run for hours. Keep it up and you'll have some good days soon too. And don't be too hard on yourself, you just had a baby, so your body still hasn't totally recovered and you're on call to care for baby 24/7, which is exhausting.