Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:31 AM   #151  

Oh my gosh!

You guys are so awesome! I am not sure I am even going to make it to 30 miles this month I am going to have to start walking twice a day I think! I love having this site to be accountable for how much excersising I do I think it really helps alot.
Dani
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #152  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Hope you are all having a great Thursday. I got up and did my 2 mile WATP Express tape this morning. It seemed to charge and rev up my batteries to make it through the day. I have a meeting to go to after school from 5-7. It is about an hour away from my school. So I needed to workout this morning. If I knew where there was a Curves near the place I am meeting at than I would have brought my gym clothes to workout before my meeting. But I guess I will have to find something else to do before my meeting. Make I might be able to squeeze in a short walk around the neighborhood!
Well I need to go talk to you all later!
Keep those feet moving to move the numbers on the scale downward.
Kerry
Old 09-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #153  

Hello ladies!

Walked 8 miles so far and got 16 to go
I'm positive I can make my goal of 24 miles in just 2 weeks.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #154  

Two miles today on the bike/ped trail. I'm at 40 for the month now!

Tomorrow I'm going to reward myself. I'm going to a REAL shoe store and get fitted by someone who knows about walking. I'm getting shin splints like crazy and I've done everything they say you're supposed to -- start off slow, warm up, stretch, do flexibility exercises, don't stride too far, cool down, stretch, ice, everything. So the last thing to try is getting properly fitted. After that, it's podiatrist-time.

Prayers to everyone in Rita's path.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'd really like to join yall in the walkin away the pounds.

I just recently got started walking regularly to help me lose weight and get healthy.

I try to walk atleast 1/2 mile a day (remember I'm just starting out) but I'd like to get atleast 5 miles a week in...

So may i join u?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Welcome!

Glad you're here, Silly Fluff!

One half mile daily is a great place to start. Just keep pacing yourself and try to find opportunities to walk a little further throughout your daily routines (for example: when doing errands, park the car further away from your destination and walk instead, etc.)

Keep moving and let us know how you're doing.

Jean
Old 09-24-2005, 04:49 AM   #157  

Well after a bit of research I found out that I've been walking a mile all those days. SO that makes me excited (easily amused, don't mind me)
Old 09-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #158  

Sillyfluff, the same thing happened to me because my pedometer was off. I thought I was walking 1/2 mile. So I felt like Wonder Woman when I found out it was really a mile!

I went to the running shoe store today and got professionally fitted. Hopefully this will take care of my foot problem and I'll be able to walk longer distances without pain.

Today I did the 45 minute Karen Voigt Firm and Burn dvd. I'm a klutz and have trouble on some of the moves but I'm getting better. I sure do sweat a lot on that one!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #159  

Well this morning I walked 1.8 miles with my boyfriend.

And tonight, like just got home, we walked 1.5 miles.

I'm so proud of myself. I didn't think I could do it...I didn't think was walking that far.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #160  

Just walked in from my walk this morning. We walked 3.2 miles. It was actually pretty out this morning. Made it much more enjoyable.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #161  
KAR

Afternoon All,
Just dropping in say that you are all doing a wonderful job getting those miles in. I walked 4 miles yesterday with my Super Challenge video and this morning even though I was tired I got my 3 mile WATP's for the abs in. So that brings my monthly total of miles up to 70. That is twenty more than I first planned on.
I got on the scales this morning and it said 197.4. I will find out for sure on Tuesday when I go to my TOPS meeting. I will use that weight for my offical weigh-in for the week. It is nice to finally see the numbers going down on the scale and not up, like they were this summer for me.
Well I am off to my stepsons' peewee football game. I will talk to you all later. Have a wonderful afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #162  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I have been a complete slug since I finished the 6 week WATP Walk Diet (the one from the book) . I have walked ONCE since Sept 8 (it actually ended on the 10th). At first, it was getting back into the school routine (I'm a teacher). Then it was any other excuse I could come up with. I'm not going to make my Sept goal (if I'm lucky I'll get to half of it). BUT......I may be down, but I'm not out yet! I am restarting my walking today! Hopefully, I will have good things to report as this week and month come to a close!

Michele
Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #163  

Walked another 1.6 miles tonight with my boyfriend. Its actually cool out early in the morning and about this time at night so I might as well take advantage of it right?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:27 AM   #164  

Hey guys

I was just wondering how long it took you guys to walk a mile because I have been walking like 30-40 minutes a day (first month) and I am only getting in like 1 mile or so and I walk at about 1.8-2.5 on my treadmill. Are you guys really walking for like 2 hours a day? I am also feeling a little disappointed because I set a goal of 30 miles this month and I am only at like 10 so far, It doesn't feel good to not meet a goal. How far were you guys walking in your first month if you don't mind me asking. Ciao for now!
Danica
Old 09-26-2005, 07:25 AM   #165  

Just got back from my morning walk. We only walked about 1.9 miles. Kinda disappointed it wasnt as far as I wanted. Last night we walked another 1.6 miles. But still I wanted to do atleast 2.5. *sigh* oh well. Every little bit counts I guess.
Closed Thread