6 week "WATP" challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: how many miles did you do for week 1 ?
1 - 2 miles
0%
2.5 - 3 miles
25.00%
3.5 - 4 miles
0%
4.5 - 6 miles
0%
6.5 - 7 miles
0%
more than 7 miles
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll
  • watp = Walk Away The Pounds , its a walking workout by Leslie Sansone

you can use the videos, but if you dont have them you can walk around the neighbor hood or your local mall and either track by the mile or time
    **in general 1 mile =
    15 min fast pace
    20 min moderate
    30 min leisurely
    ===============
    week one:

Monday; 1 mile- 30 min or 2000 steps
    Tuesday: 1 mile- 30 min or 2000 steps
    wednesday:1 mile-25 min or 2000 steps
    Thursday: unstructered or 5000 steps all day
    Friday: 1 mile - 20 min or 2000
    Saturday 2 miles- 50 min or 4000 steps
    Sunday: glorious sunday is off
  • I might be interested. I don't have the book, but have 3 of her dvd's. Could you post the first week's workouts to help me decide? I'm already doing 2 challenges, but another one might be a good idea.

I wanted to be at 200 by Labour Day, but if my scale is right I'm only 2 pounds away, so my new goal would be to hit 190 by Canadian Thanksgiving (second Monday in October, I think).
  • I started on Monday, August 1. If it's OK, I'd still like to join you! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day, which would be 5.5 weeks from when I started.

Michele
  • HI,

I don't have the book either but I love the tapes. If you post the exercises, I would be interested too. 6 weeks....hmmmmmmmm.....maybe 7.5 pounds?
    Amber
  • Hey all, I'm up for a challenge !

I don't have the book either, but since you are going to post.. then great let's do it!

I have 1 of her DVDs which I already do everyday so this is going to be fun .

Hmm.. I want to loose.. 7-10 in 6 weeks.. (I hope to )
  • I would like to join you too! I have the tapes but not the book so thanks for posting the schedule. I'll check in daily. Glad to be here!
  • I dont' have either but would love to join in and try it.
  • Watp???
    Hello, I just joined the forum and I'm very much interested in joining the challenge; any challenge as long as the outcome is weightloss and energy. I just have one quick question, I know that may sound dumb but what does 'WATP' mean??
  • OH I would love to do this!!! I am up for the challenge!! SO are we on week 1 starting tomorrow??

Thanks!

Louella (aka nhwahm)
  • I would love to join as well. I started using the tapes a couple of days ago. I am also doing WW core plan. My WI day is tomorrow, but I think that I have lost 4-5 lbs. I would love the motivation of the group to keep me going. Can we do more than the 1 mile, like the whole tape 3. I haven't been able to do the whole tape, but I try to do at least 25 min--a little less than 2 miles.

Joy

• I just finished the 2 mile WATP with 3 pound weights. I've been walking for awhile, so I'm doing more than suggested.

Happy walking, everyone!

Michele
  • I'm not sure how many miles we did, but we walked at a heart raising rate for 35 minutes tonight! 1/2 of it I was pushing the stroller too!

Can't wait to start to see the results!

Hope everyone else got day 1 done!

Louella
  • I just did the Power Mile with 3 pound weights! Have lots of errands today, so that may be all. But, if I have time when we get back, I'll pop in another 1 mile tape or get on the treadmill for at least a mile.

Happy walking!

Michele
  • Nice job, babyblue!

I just did the 2 mile Walk Strong Express with the stretchie! I haven't done that one in awhile and my muscles are complaining a bit. 7 miles done this week!

Michele
  • I ended up with 3.44 miles yesterday. In addition to Walk Strong, I did 1.44 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes.

Today, I did the 1 mile WATP book DVD, the WATP original with 3 pound weights, and .58 mile on the treadmill.

Not sure if I'll get any more done today. We have school registration and hubby is on a business trip. Either way, I'm ahead for the week!

Keep walking!

Michele