Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #46  

Christy cleaning and laundry are good sweaty jobs too dear. They are definitely exercise. Caprice last summer I was at our local track every morning at 5:30. Not sure why but this summer I can't seem to get up that early. But your doing great starting your day off with a bang. Good job all. Keep it up. We'll all be Lean, Mean Exercising Machines!!!!!!!! Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 193/187/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi All, I love reading the posts on this thread and I'm so impressed by how hard everyone is working! Day two on the challenge for me yesterday. I made it out for my walk about 8:30pm.....Until later, Mabelle.
Mabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #48  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Yesterday I braved the "ozone action" day and snuck in another 20 minute walk at lunch time.

This morning, I got in my 30 minute power walk. I tried skipping rope on the grass, but the rope I have isn't adjustable, and I kept getting tangled up. I guess I'll have to save up for a better rope and a rubber mat!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #49  
haveto

Default and we still go on :O)

Great, Good, Fantastic, Way to go Girls!!!!
Flower power, I kind of like getting up early now. It gives me time to work out, drink a little coffee and get ready for the day ahead. I just hope I can keep it up.
Good for you Mabell, two days on your way to a healthier you!
Betani, I know the ozone makes it hard to work out. We live in south Texas and it has been bad here all Summer. Thank goodness the gym is only 10 miles away, and my children are older so I can sneak away before and after work for awhile. I tried walking the track at the school, but the air was just too thick. Be careful!!! Good luck with the jumping too!

Have a great day
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #50  

I got in 70 minutes on my gazelle today. I also swam about 20 laps in our pool!! I will be gone out of town on Sat.(rabbit show in South Carolina) and I will also be gone on Monday ( father in law is having surgery done). I will get in some sort of exercise but it will probably just be walking.
Peach
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #51  

We should all be proud of ourselves....We're doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up. 30 minutes gazelling today...Cindi
Old 08-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 193/187/145

Height: 5'9"

Good job, everyone. I went walking for 30-minutes tonight while big clouds started to roll into Kansas City. The heat has broken a bit (but no rain). Everyone have fun tomorrow. - M
Mabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #53  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Yesterday I snuck in another 30 minute walk during lunch, and this morning I power walked for 30 minutes again. That makes 5 days this week! Yay me!

The only problem with walking at lunch time is that I'm more prone to side cramps. At least I'm moving, though, even if I have to slow down.

I'm going out of town tomorrow until Tuesday, so I hope I can stick with the exercise in different surroundings!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #54  

Betani Good Job. When I go out of town I try and go to the track at the local school unless it's too hot then maybe a fitness center..they don't charge much for a day or two. I didn't seem to manage it on my 2 week vacation though. Just relax and enjoy your visit~ too many things get in the way, and summer is almost over. It cooled down in Nebraska for a few days. 48 this am great day for a nice 30 min walk..Done for the day. Now to clean house and my yard for company. Have good days all. Cindi
Old 08-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #55  

Way to go Maybelle. Good job exercising. I have a nephew in KC..I can't remember the name of the burb.. It does get hot and sticky doesn't it. Cindi
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #56  

I forgot to post yesterday. Went swimming for about 20 minutes, and then a hot, sweaty, before-bed walk (about 30 min.)

Cindi, I'm glad it's gettting cooler there. Yesterday we hit 109F with the humidity. And we're really not used to it.

Betani, have you tried breathing more deeply to avoid stitches in your side? Another theory (old runner's tale?) is to exhale sharply every second time you bring your left foot down until it goes away. Personally, I just dig my fingers into the site of the stitch (easier to do for those with a little extra padding around the middle ) and keep doing my run/walk.

Enjoy the day.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #57  
haveto

Default good morning...

Everyone is doing great, swimming, walking...whatever it is...you are taking steps toward your goal
I had a bad morning...woke up at 5:45, just didn't want to get out of bed. I even told myself that I had been so good, I deserved to let my body rest. I closed my eyes but something was nugging at me!! The next thing I realized I was was up getting dressed to go to the gym. First real obstical overcome I feel tired today, but much better than I would if Iwould have gone without my workout.

40 minutes on the treadmilly
no upper body, saveing that for tonight.

Have a great afternoon Girls....
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #58  

I got in 60 minutes on the elliptical today. I also got all the food shopping over with for the next 2 weeks. I have to go and pack my bag up for the bunny show tomorrow. I am going to try taking some pictures of the bunnies and their handlers when I have time between showing a few rabbits. Maybe I will have some cute candid shots to share with everyone after I get back.
Peach
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:46 PM   #59  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Smile Can I join a little late?

Hey everyone!! Wow, you girls are really inspiring me to get out there and get moving!! I know that I am a little late here, but I would love to join you in this challenge! I feel like I have gotten my eating habits under control and I know that I need to get moving now, too - if I am going to get back into the shape that I used to be! I injured my back about a year and a half ago, and it was too painful to get to the gym anymore. (Hence the weight gain, I ate to make myself feel better - I have always had weight issues, working out seems to be the only way for me to keep my weight in check.) It is finally starting to feel better and the workouts are not aggrevating my back the way that they used to...

Today, I did 30 min. of step aerobics and I did upper body with free weights, and abs on the ball! Thanks so much for this thread... After seeing a picture of myself today and comparing it to what I looked like 3 years ago (on my profile in case you're curious) - I wanted to cry - instead, I moved my *** off the couch!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #60  

Welcome Psych_girl, we'd love to have you join us. Your doing great getting back in the moving groove. Glad to hear your back is better. Let's keep it up guys...We're doing it. One step at a time, one meal at a time, One day at a time.... Cindi