Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #76  

Hi Everyone

Looks likethe last time I poste miles, was 8/13 so here's the update

8/14-1 mi exp
8/15-1 mi exp 5.68 total exercise miles
8/16-1 mi exp 2.24 total exercise miles
8/17 1 mi exp 4.69 total exercise miles
8/18 2 mi-walk strong and all day walking at convention total miles 10.29
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #77  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I did the 2 mile WATP with my 3 pound weights tonight AFTER being stuck in my sweltering school all day! I may even go do 1 more mile to get my 40 yet tonight!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #78  

Oh my! I forgot all about me coming in here earlier this month and saying I was going to join you all! Not a very good poster!! But good news is I have been with you all -- walking -- so far this month I've got in 43 miles and my goal for August is 62. So it looks like I'm going to make it. I've been doing my 4 Mile Super Challenge almost every day for the past 2 weeks -- unfortunately my 3 mile dvd has decided that it doesn't want to play anymore -- but I need that extra mile anyway.

You are all doing such a great job! Keep those legs moving and that water bottle in reach! I promise to come post more!!

fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:03 AM   #79  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I can't believe that I went and did 3 more miles after I posted last night!! I was just going to do 1, to reach my August goal of 40 miles. But.....I have 2 new tapes (ebay is great!),so I decided to do Walk Away the Stress (after I did WATP Express 1 mile). It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was a good 30 minute workout! I thought it would be a slower, calming pace. It is just as brisk (and in some cases more brisk to me) as any other 2 mile workout! In a couple of places she does too many arm reps for me and I had to stop for a few. Oh, well.....gives me something to work on!

As you can see, I surpassed my August goal and am on my way to being in the 100 mile Club (10 more to go!)!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I had the night to myself last night. Hubby and daughter (age 11) are camping til Sunday and son had a sleepover at a friend's house. Tonight is just me and son (age 9).

Chat with you later!

Michele
Old 08-20-2005, 10:19 AM   #80  

Congrats Michele!!!!

I did walk and jog this am-It was new to me, so a challenge. Leslie says it's equal to 2 1/2 miles walking outside.
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #81  

Smile

Hi everybody,

I haven't been in for a week or so, but I'm up to 29 miles for August. I WILL make at least my 40-mile goal. I'll be out of town on a work trip all next week, but I'll be in a location where I should be able to exercise most days.

I was a slug this week though. Well, not really a slug, but a lot going on and it has been really, REALLY HOT this week. So I exercised Monday and then not again until today. I did a 2.5 mile WATP weight loss walk.

Have a great weekend!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #82  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi you all! I see u are kicking some tail with all ur exercising! I am still trying to get all my steps in. Most days I don't hit my 10,000 but that's ok. I'm happy to hit 5K each day! LOL That's better than 2,000! I'm not losing but trying to maintain and will hit it harder after Labor Day, which is a full weekend at my mom's for Emily's baby shower and going to church with mom with 6 kids! It's gonna be a busy time so I know I won't exercise! Don't you just love excuses! Uggh! Anyway, glad to have you all to chat with about it all! I hate that I have gained some back, and I'm fighting to win this battle! Hugs to you all, hope to come back again soon! Bye for now!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #83  

Wow you gals are really putting on the miles!! I finally saw my scale move (in the right direction for a change!) at my Saturday weigh in. It's only 2 more pound but that's 2 more then I've been getting. I started the Wendy WW plan and I think that made the difference. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. Because of that long weight loss drought the first half of the month, I doubt that I'll make my August and my birthday goals but at least I'm moving forward and that's SO much less depressing. Thank you guys for your support and motavation.
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #84  

Question Updating my august minutes

I walked another 120 min. more this weekend, so 635 - 120 = 515 min. to go
I've not drop any pound yet, but I'm still losing centimeters and although I can see difficult to achieve my mini goal, I'm not giving up
magallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #85  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I got myself out of bed at 6:10 this morning and did the 2 mile Express tape! Then, this afternoon, I came home from work, changed my clothes and did the Muscle Mile BEFORE I did anything else! Now, my 3 miles for the day are done and I can get ready for my kids' "Back to School Nights" without that hanging over my head!

Hope everyone else is having a good walking Monday!

Michele
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #86  

Arrow

515 min, and I went yesterday for 60 min. walking and 25 biking, so I'm 430 min. away from reaching my august goal
Just have to keep the good work
Old 08-23-2005, 02:06 PM   #87  

I made my 50 miles! I eally didn't think I could do it, but the weather has really been cooperating. No rain and not TOO hot. I'll bet I can do another 10....
New goal is 60. I'm a glutton for punishment.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #88  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

WOW, everyone is doing so great! Keep up the amazing work, ladies!

I'm up to 65mi so far... but feel like I'm lagging, hardcore. I've been hit with another bout of insomnia (come in awful waves that seem to last for a month or two) and haven't been asleep before 4am in days. Definitely makes it difficult to get up with DD at 7:30!

I took my measurements on Saturday (take them on the 20th of ea. month) and am down 7.5" from my previous measurements! And today was WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs... still another 6lbs off of my birthday goal (and only 2 weeks to go), but that's ok. I've decided that I'm going to really focus on getting as close to 135 as I can before then... and will be ok with wherever I am.

Nothing else to report from this end. Not sure if I'll make my monthly goal of 100mi... not much time left. I'll do my best. Will walk 6mi tonight and another 6 tomorrow night (providing I don't need toothpicks to keep my eyelids open ).

Congrats to each of you on your successes! You're doing fabulously! WTG!

Best wishes!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #89  

Default 430-70=360 2go

Well, I went yesterday for 60 but I did 70 min. of excercise, and I felt so well I didn't see that today I could make same as yesterday, but I'll take the day off, and study a lot for my next semester test I'll have next saturday I hope I'll do it good
Anyway, everytime I go to the gim I feel sooo good, that I think I'll go more often from now on

360 min to goal
Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 AM   #90  

Hi Everyone,
I am at 55.7 miles so far.
Macdezz, I saw that you mentioned that you are trying to make a brthday goal for your birthday in 2 weeks. Me too! I have until my party on 9/10 to loose a few more pounds (I doubt I'll make my goal) and fit into my party dress. When is your birthday?
I'll check in soon!