3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Anybody have any luck with... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/61736-anybody-have-any-luck.html)

Chamie 07-19-2005 03:53 AM

Anybody have any luck with...

The Tony Little Gazelle?

Jennifer

pinkbow 07-23-2005 09:40 PM

Just saw your post..

I just brought mine in today from the garage. I just moved and somehow it ended up there :rolleyes: I didnt do the moving, and I asked for my fiance to bring it in for weeks now..

Anyway, I bought it 3 years ago and I love it. The first 4 months on it I lost about 40 pounds.. I did it each morning for 30-45 minutes and 30 in the evening.. I took sundays off.

Today I've done 10 minute intervals (3) to get use to it again, and I just got through with 30 minutes.. now I remember why I love this thing, it gives me a great workout and the time flies because I put it in front of the tv... at least I'm not sitting on my butt the whole time :lol:

I've been using my bike up until today, it gets my heart going and I sweat big time but the gazelle makes me burn (if you know what I mean) and I like that.

btw I have the gazelle trainer, not the more expensive model. Hope my post helps :)

Amanda

spirithorse63 07-24-2005 12:00 AM

Anybody have any luck with...

Chamie
I got the Tony Little Gazelle Edge a week ago.
And I love it. And I hate to exercise.
I have a lot more energy after using it only a week.
And it does give you a workout.
I also use mine in front of the TV.

pinkbow, the 40lbs in four months is nice to hear. :D

TatianaHdz 07-24-2005 03:25 AM

I used to have the Gazelle, and I LOVED it!!! I lost 30 pounds a few years ago when I was using it, but I had to sell it when I moved into a TINY apartment. I just didn't have room, and of course, once I stopped the exercise, I also stopped eating right, so I ended up gaining it back. I am waaaay too out of shape right now to do much anything but walking, but as soon as I get below 200 and a little more fit, I plan on buying it again. I would highly reccommend it. When I was using it, I was feeling really fit and energetic for the first time in my life...I can't wait to get that feeling again!!! :)

princess. 07-25-2005 01:49 AM

Have any of you ladies also used an elliptical? We purchased an elliptical and my current weight 300+. It tires me out quickly. I'm wondering if the gazelle would also give me a work out, but be a little easier to do than the elliptical.

I don't mind doing my elliptical as my planned exercise but I'm looking for a form of exercise that I could do when I am tempted to eat. Walking, running and biking are not options for me. I know that I'm not going to choose to jump on the elliptical instead of eating, but I'm thinking that I might choose to jump on the gazelle.

pinkbow 07-25-2005 11:48 AM

Princess, I just replied to your post about the gazelle..

40 pounds in 4 months was great.. I ate right but not perfect.. I eat better now so I'm hoping to lose more now.. I have a BIG ambitious goal.. and I'm refusing to weigh myself during TOM because my weight is so off.. so I have no idea if I've lost anything in the past week.. hopefully I will have now that I'm back on the gazelle..

TatianaHdz 07-30-2005 07:21 PM

Princess, I have tried ellipticals and they are too tough for me...and they just feel awkward to me. I don't like the movement, but a lot of people love them.

Wellll...I just went out and bought the Gazelle at Wal-Mart today!!! I don't know if I'm ready for it yet, and I really can't afford it, but I figured I have to do something...my weight hasn't budged in over a week. :( I'm eating right, so I think I just need a more intense exercise. I will let you know how it goes!!! :)