Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:26 AM   #16  

Excellent run YP1!! YAH!!

I am stickingto my ttraining schedule - 10 miles this Sat
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Congrats YP1!

MrsD-Keep up the good work!

Wow this week has flown by. I ran about 10k on Saturday. The weather here was so nice and I felt like I could go forever. It was a great run. Unfortunately I followed it up with some no so great eating so when I ran yesterday I felt like a brick.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #18  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

10k on 18th September... Doable?

I have run 10k on the treadmill once before, and last night felt like I could probably have gone further, so I don't think it's impossible. But it's still a little daunting!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Definitely doable. That is an increase of about .5k per week in distance right?
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #20  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Yes. And the deed is done. I've signed up. Fingers crossed!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #21  
Made my Goal weight!

HEy everyone

I am still here....and RUNNING...yay! I am bound and determined to rock this program and meet my goal....EVEN TRAIN WHILE I AM ON VACATION- now that is some dedication...lol....Yesterday hubby and I ran together and it was an AWESOME run...he was SOOO impressed by how much better I have gotten in such a short amount of time...nice ego boost for me!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #22  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

S/C/G: 340/319/315

Height: 5'6

just got done doing a 20 minute walk in place at home going to bed so I can run in the morning. I'm going to give it a try. I'm gonna try back running slowly.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:46 AM   #23  

Go for it mrs D!
I won't be posting for a while because I am on holiday
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

After a painful slow 9k run on Wednesday thanks to the early arrival of my period, I could not make myself get out of bed on Thursday. But I was up and out this morning by 6:15, ran a great 8k. It was supposed to be a steady race pace run, but ended up being more like a fast fartlek. I was experimenting with running faster by pushing off the ground harder rather than moving my legs faster (easier to explain than do). It seemed to take less effort to go faster from a heartrate/breathing point of view, but my legs got tired sooner and I'd stop doing it if I wasn't thinking about it all the time. So I'd speed up, keep it for a while, then start watching the ducks, squirrels, etc and slow down, realize what I'd done and speed back up, repeat for 8km.

Ali, good luck with the boilermaker this weekend. I'm not sure I like the name of that race.

Anne, I hope everything's going well with you. You must be getting near the final stretch of your pregnancy. I did feel better at least while I was running on Tuesday. Wednesday am was another story altogether.

YP1 congratulations on an excellent 5k time. A 10k in September sounds perfect.

Ellen, in a few months time you'll look back fondly on 10 mile long runs as a nice, resonable distance. Of course, that will be while you're on mile 14 of a 15+ mile long run.

skinnyjeans, I do the same thing--have a great day or two running, then sabotage my next run with crappy food.

Leanne, maybe you just needed the push of a training program to improve your speed. Sounds like it's going well.

MrsDawsondn, good luck getting back out there!

Rabbit, have a great holiday.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #25  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

S/C/G: 340/319/315

Height: 5'6

Only me thanks for the encouragement and you did excellent to get up out of the bed and go for a brisk run even with tom around. Way to go, I think I've gotten distracted from speed goals by getting caught up in my surroundings too but that just makes the run all the more interesting LOL.

4rabbit have a wonderful time on vacation!! Remember to run

leanneM83 it sounds like you are making great strides that's great. You are really having fun with it too and that's what counts.

YP! congrats we are routing your on all the way!! Go YP1!!

skinnyjeans thanks for the vote of confidence and that's great that you ran the 10KM shoot you are doing great! I know the feeling with the overeating and running with it all on ya LOL

Ellenwu that's great to read that your sticking to your schedule you go girl!! Your such an inspiration

hello all i did it! i finally got out there and ran and for the dumbest reason I keep forgetting how much EASIER it is to run than to walk LOL. I'm feeling good today amd I'm working out swell. Thanks for the encouragement guys!****update I just got back from lunch running on the treadmill for 25 minutes I ran 1.89 miles at 4.5(that's the highest the treadmill goes ) and I burned 401 calories. I always wanted to know how many calories I burned when running and this give me a basic Idea.

Last edited by MrsDawsondn; 07-08-2005 at 02:10 PM.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #26  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

The 10k is definitely on. This morning I jogged 6k at a fairly gentle speed (that I would have considered really fast 2 months ago, by the way!), and I'm feeling more and more confident. I have done 10k once before while preparing for the 5k race, and 6 - 8k a couple of other times so I guess I'm not too far off, I just want to make sure I can do more than 5k more consistently and (hopefully) get a little faster.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #27  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

YP1 -- Definitely do the 10k... I did one in April. I thought I was going to do really crappy but when the adrenaline is flowing you run much faster than when you are training. Everyone had warned me of this phenomenon too, and it IS very true...

Only Me -- I have a very hard time going faster and slower when I'm running... I have no problems when I'm on a dreadmill I can get up to 7kph for a minute or two, but outside I dunno I have a problem... I guess I'll have to work on that and do more ''fartleks'' .... see I can't say it without snikering!!

Yesterday I ran 9-10k, I'm not sure I didn't measure. Took me forever though 1h08 and I kept walking at every 10 min interval.... I know I need a running partner, because when I run with this girl, we never stop and I never even feel like slowing down....It's all head game!! :
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #28  

Y'all are doing great. I think these 4-day weeks are the toughest. YP1, ou will do greaton the 10K. Mrs D -you keep punching that clock and you will make your goals. I know I just feel great and a real sense of accomplishment with running- keep at it, ladies.

Just got back from my 10 miles - finished in 2:19:29. I am pretty consistent and stil hope to finishe the marathon in 6 hours - it will be close.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #29  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey Everyone

Today I ran 10km, and I did it in either 59 or 60 minutes (my watch is a little odd- hahaha) I am SOOOO happy, the run went GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!

Thanks to everyone, yes I am actually ENJOYING this training program!

Keep up the great work!!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Slow and easy 6k for me this morning, didn't want to be sore tomorrow for my long run.

Leanne, I think you need to change your Oct. race goal then to one that will provide a bit of a challenge!
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote