Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-19-2005, 12:37 AM   #61  
Young At Heart

okay i just signed with LAWL today..... i found this wonderfull sight just browsing through the internet looking for more..... HELP..... mainly about the bars they were trying to sell me today but i am here and i wanna know how i get started here and where did you all get those great little Goal things under your posts??????
zebbity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #62  

There' s an explanation of how to do the signature, and the tickers, under FAQ (I think). I'd tell you how to do it myself, but am falling asleep and should go to bed.

Welcome to 3FC, I think you'll enjoy it. I'm not on LAWL, so can't help you, but there is a whole section of threads on it. I know I've always resented any weight loss plan that wanted me to buy lots of $$$$ food, but it can help to have someone else do the thinking and measuring for you.

Good luck,
Carla

Last edited by carla49; 07-19-2005 at 01:55 AM.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #63  
Young At Heart

thank you.......
zebbity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #64  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla49
Where is everybody? Are we all running out of oomph? Cindy and Christy, are we three C's the only 30-minuters?
Looks that way!! Got in lots of random exercise this weekend...walking, swimming, cleaning, etc...doing fairly well, lost 2.5 more lbs since weigh in on Friday!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #65  

ok, my first time posting on this thread. Lastnight I did my Jeff Costas cardio striptease dvd, then did it again this morning. Later tonight me and the little one will go for a walk. Tomorrow will be strength training and maybe a walk.

Tiffany
ItzTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #66  

Default Can I join?

I'm interested in being part of the 30 minutes/day group.
Ladywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #67  

Wow! All of a sudden this thread seems to be getting a new lease on life. Of course new people are always welcome, ItzTiffy and Ladywind.

Today was my first time on an elliptical machine - 32 minutes, followed by 13 min on the bike and some arm weights.

Rewarded myself with a pedicure, and now have short but strange-coloured toenails.

Looking forward to reading your posts,

Carla
Old 07-21-2005, 08:31 AM   #68  
Going all the way!!!

Still been getting just kind of random exercise--hoping to get in some focused Tae-Bo today though. Stepped on the scale this morning and it said 185.5 (4 lb loss--yay!)....stepped on it again and it was right back up to 189.5. Third time: 189.5. Dang it.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 AM   #69  

I did my strength training this morning. I enjoy cardio so much more!!! I'm sore and I have to mop and vacume today (which I hate hate hate!) By the time bed time rolls around my muscles are just going to hate me! Ok enough complaining my body will love me for it later!

Tiffany
ItzTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #70  

Christy, in your place I would have kept trying until I got the low weight again...

Carla
Old 07-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #71  
Going all the way!!!

LOL Carla--I probably would have been there all day!!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #72  

Sorry Ladies to be soooooooo absent. I have been traveling and am afraid that I fell down on the challenge. 1700 miles and only got to walk one day. Way toooooo hot in Kansas and Missouri. But I would like to keep checking in again. Just got back tonight so will get back on schedule tomorrow. Glad to see new people and new excitement. Onward and upward ladies. One meal at a time, one step at a time, one day at a time. Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #73  

Cindi, it's great to see you back! Tomorrow's a new start, and who cares what you did on your trip? I'm sure you'll be gazelling again soon. By the way, does the gazelle take up less space than an elliptical and/or does it fold up? I've used the elliptical in my hotel a couple of times, and don't hate it...

So today was 35 min on the elliptical. I was aiming for 30, but the machine made me do a 5 min cool down as well...

Tomorrow may be a wash: I'm working in the am, hanging at the airport in the afternoon, and flying home until late. Maybe if I can drag myself out of bed early...

Carla
Old 07-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #74  
Going all the way!!!

Got in a good deal of exercise over the weekend at the lake--lots of walking, swimming, tubing, jet skiing, etc...and a sore body to prove it!! I'm down 1.5 more lbs this week...going for 3 lbs next week. How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:43 AM   #75  

Our thread seems to be losing quite abit of spunk! It's summer though and we are all busy. I have been on vacation and now my sis is here with me for about 9 days. I am sooooo loving it and having much fun but she is 76 and though she walks in Missouri at a hospital sponsored health center it has been way to hot here in Ne to walk (100-107). But I did squeeze some time on the gazelle tonight. Only 10 min. though my ankles seem to have forgotten and they are getting sore..tomorrow I will increase until I get back to my 30-45 min a day. Hope all of you are having a GREAT summer. Cindi It started cooling off today YEA!!!
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote