Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #31  

Cindy and Christy - if you just stick it out for a week or so (the biking, not your behind) it won't hurt to ride. At least not too much. Padded biking shorts help a little, but mine are all too small. I used to use a squishy seat cover, but it's old and a little too gross. I do have one of those seats designed for women, so at least my naughty bits don't take a beating.

Carol
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #32  

Ten minutes on the bike...Still not great but easier than yesterday. 20 min on the gazelle...Night all...Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #33  

Not an impressive effort: a very leisurely walk for 30 min. And I think I get credit for the 20-odd minutes it took me to install a new blind, if you take the amount of sweat generated as an indicator.

No bike today - I hope my poor butt will have recovered enough by tomorrow to go for another ride.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #34  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

OK, I have a 1-hour exercise deficit thanks to the tornado watch and hubby not getting in until after 8pm, but I WILL make up for it today!! With God as my witness, I will never go exercise-less again!! LOL (for you GWTW fans )

Wish me...will power!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #35  

Default Christy

You made me giggle this am! I love gwtw. I used to live in Atlanta. Talk about nuts about the movie everyone is. I moved to nebraska and in my garage I found a brick with a plaque on it engraved that says from the theatre the movie premiered in. From when they tore it down. Lowe's Grand theatre...Funny huh? It's along way from Atlanta to a tiny town in Nebraska. Have a good day. Cindi
Old 07-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #36  
Going all the way!!!

Default Cindi

Wow--that's amazing AND ironic huh??!! LOL There are DEFINITELY some Margaret Mitchell fanatics down here--and lots of them won't even acknowledge the sequel since her co-author finished it up....LOL. What can I say, we Southerners are passionate people as I'm sure you remember!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #37  

Well fiddlededee! Today, a nice bike ride, over an hour in beautiful weather. I toyed with the idea of carrying half over for tomorrow. But instead it'll make up for a rather lackadaisical effort yesterday. This thread helps keep me honest, just what I needed.

C
Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #38  

Might not get to 30 min of intentional exercise today but does 2 hours of cleaning and sorting our spare room that turned into a junk room count. I would think so. If I do hop on the bike or the gazelle I will report later. Have good evenings ladies....Cindi
Old 07-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #39  

Silly Cindi! I would think two hours of cleaning would be worth a lot more than a quick bike ride. A LOT more! (And for me it would exercise muscles that never get used...)

C
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #40  

Good for you on your hour ride Carla! Someday I might say that I can do that instead of 10 min and I think I might die!! LOL Silly Cindi signing off
Old 07-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #41  

Another good bike ride today - a little over an hour. And the sore backside is subsiding gradually.

I just bought a 3-pack of Leslie Sansone tapes, which I'm looking forward to trying later. I'm hoping they'll keep me on the straight and narrow while I'm away for work!
Old 07-09-2005, 01:17 AM   #42  

Good job on the bike riding Carla. I was going to do that but it was 99 today and just finally cooled off late evening. So I gazelled 30 min again in my nice cool house. I'll enjoy it untill I get my electric bill. UGH!!! Night Cindi
Old 07-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #43  
Going all the way!!!

I got in an hour of swimming last night, but I still have a deficit...hubby had to work today, but I'm hoping he'll get home early so I can get out and get moving...
Old 07-10-2005, 12:36 AM   #44  

Saturday's goal met and exceeded: loved my Leslie Sansone tapes (48 min) and went for another very long slow walk with my good friend. At this rate I'll meet my end-of-summer goal sooner than expected! Every ounce helps!

Old 07-10-2005, 08:14 AM   #45  

I was sooooo tired yesterday I forgot to post. I spent 3 hours sweating and bending in my garden yesterday. Weeding and hoeing. No gazelle or walking but TONS of exercise and it was 95 degrees. I kept coming in for a few minutes to cool off and have some water. Have great sundays ...Cindi