Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #16  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Default Hi!

Hi all! I got in 2 miles in my new neighborhood. Uhhhh Thank You Very Much! hehe We found a nice trail to a park in a nice neighborhood where they have a pond with ducks. Very pretty. I'm proud of myself. I hope to walk further down the trail. Hope you're all doing well.

Like the new avatar and profile photo Trixie. Too cute.

Later gals!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

well I posted a message yesterday but I don't see it.

anyway I was just explaining that I had planned to exercise every day during the 3 day weekend but had a terrible stomach bug and didn't get to do a thing.

I'm not gonna set a goal for July - just gonna do what I can - but I certainly need to do all I can!

Except for me - I see everybody is doing great with their walking

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

Another mile walked yesterday. It's just routine now to walk a mile every morning. I don't even think about it!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #19  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Day Walkers...
Joe and I had a great 4th of July weekend together and really took time to rest and recoup. Didn't go to any parties or anything, just went to church on Sunday & Monday mornings and then came home to work in the yard and play some games... even caught a movie!! We saw *War of the Worlds* ---> Good Movie!! I remember the original and Steven S. stayed with the same story-line (I was pleased about that)... he just had more (& better) affects - awesome affects! On Saturday we went to a HUGE Flea Market and Oxen Roast w/ Mike & Peggy after our breakfast together --- what fun that was!!! I even found a nice dress for only $30.00 to wear to the wedding we are going to on July 16th (yes... another wedding). Last night we had our Photo's taken at the church for a directory, but the pics came out pretty good, so Joe & I ordered a few for ourselves & family --- phew, the cost!!!! To get one 2-8X10's and 3-5X7's with a matte finish (+tx) came to $177.00!!! We got them as Christmas gifts for my family... it's been a long time coming. And this Friday we have another Graduation Party to go to... so many this year! Saturday is quiet (so far) and Sunday after church we have a picnic to go to... that will be fun! It's with my Joe's Choir members, great folks!

*~*~*

Hi Amy, LUV your new shoe!!!! I am thrilled to hear that your move is going well and that you like your new place Did you make your bike ride on Sunday? Sounds like FUN!!

I have a pic for you of my Guido I think you will love!!! Here it is:

Guido thinks he's a people... he likes to drink from water bottles too!! Look at his cute nose in the bottle!!!

Hi Trixie, Great picture!!! You are a very pretty gal!!! You did a wonderful job with your walking for JUNE!!! for getting in the miles over the weekend! Did you have a good 4th weekend?

Margie!!!
How great to see you here!!! I have allot of catching up to do at CER's (phew) I'll try to drop in tonight... It's great to see you WoW!! You did good with your miles... I only got in 27.75 miles with hubby for June and so far have 7.5 for July... we hope to hit 40 or 50 this month

Hi Dinah, You did wonderful for June!!! I bet you make that 50 mile goal w/o a problem at all

Hi Cindy-Gail, It's always great to see you You are doing an awesome job with your walking and should be so proud

Hi Mrs. Beasley, You are truckin' along I see... glad to see you stop by

Hi Cathy, Are you doing okay sweetzzz... you do what you can, I too have days when I wonder how I even get out of bed in the mornings (at 5am!) Feel Better soon!!!!

*~*~*

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!!!
*Smiles*

<><

JuLy MiLeS : 7.50miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #20  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey gals... jumping in a few days late here... better late than never, right?!

June was pretty good, managed to get 45mi in - only fell 5 short of my goal. Not too bummed out about that. Setting July's goal at 50 as well.

So far this month is off to a good start. Racked up 12mi on Canada Day alone... and another 3 since.

Sounds like you're all off to a wonderful start this month! WTG, ladies!

---

Sunny... Glad to hear that you and Joe had a lovely holiday weekend... and that you were even able to take in a movie! Definitely sounds as though you have your hands full with all those parties and weddings and such! LOVED the picture of your Guido... cats have lovely personalities, don't they?

Cindy_Gail... Congrats on reaching the stage where walking has become force of habit! WTG! Keep up the great work!

cathy... Sorry to hear you were under the weather! Hope you're feeling better now! Take it easy, girl!

Amy... Sounds like you've moved into quite the lovely little apt! Congrats! Good work getting those miles in!

Trixie... 5mi thus far is fantastic! Keep up the amazing work!

mrs.beasley... Good for you for getting in your walking and biking miles!

Dinah... You kicked some tail last month! WTG! Keep it up, girl!

Margie B... Welcome! Best of luck in your weightloss journey!

Everyone else.... a BIG !

Well girls, I have a lot of stuff to finish up for this weekend's family reunion, so I better take off! Have yourselves a HAPPY and HEALTHY day today! Take care!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #21  

Hello everyone,

It's good to see everyone is starting the month off so well.

Kathy - I hope you're feeling better and can soon get back to your walking. It stinks being sick.

I did the walk and kick dvd tonight. July miles = 5.

Sunny - love the pic of your kitty drinking out of the bottle. I'm a cat lover myself.

Have a good night all.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #22  
Walking Off The Pounds

Smile Keep on walking!

Hi all and thanks for the welcomes. I walk in a city park about 7 miles from my house and have been walking there on and off a little over a year. Seriously walking since 4/4/5 and to date have logged 169.4 miles. Also walk at lunch when I can and it's not too humid or no lunch meeting.

SunnyD - loved the pic of Guido, he's so cute and I'm sure not a bit spoiled!?!?! You & Joe are doing great on your walking, glad you had a good weekend also, love flea markets, garage sales and all that type of stuff, fun just to go look, -- even better when you find a bargain!

Have a great day all, - will try to check in again soon- Margie

July miles walked = 7.5
Total walked since 4.4.5 = 169.4
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #23  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Walkers!

Joe & I had to make it a short walk this morning... he had to leave early today, so hopefully we'll get in a walk this evening also to make up for it. It's a beautiful Day here today - a bit overcast, but it feels great!

*~*~*

Hi MEL! How nice to see you back sweetzzz! You did a great job for June walking!!! Glad you enjoyed the pic of Guido... he's such a character!! We have another Grad party this Friday evening and a Picnic Party this Sunday. Then next weekend we have another Wedding to go to and in between I am helping my girlfriend plan her hubby's 50th (she works, so I am doing what I can to help) for the 23rd. I enjoy the parties, but wouldn't mind a slow up soon - hoping to in August! WooHoo on your miles so far!!

Hi Mrs. Beasley! Happy you liked my pic... I have always been a cat-lover My very first word (written in my baby book ) was "Kitty" WTG on your miles!!!

Hi Margie! Glad you enjoyed my Guido's pic too... he is a Cutie!! And he's not one bit spoiled none of them are... Super Job on your miles too!!!!

*~*~*

How is everyone else doing???
Hope this post finds you *ALL* well
& enjoying the Summer!!

*Smiles*
<><

JuLy MiLeS : 8.50 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #24  

Good afternoon all!

I was feeling ambitious this morning so did the 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights followed by the walk and kick workout. July miles = 10.

It's a beautiful sunny day in the low 70's so far. Hope you all are enjoying nice weather today too.

Have a good day!

edited to add 10mi. on the exercise bike.

Last edited by mrs.beasley; 07-07-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #25  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Got in another 1.5 miles today! Puts me up to 6.5 for July so far!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:41 PM   #26  

Hi all!

I didn't get to exercise til late tonight. I did the walk and jog dvd and the walk and kick dvd. July miles = 14mi.

I also rode the ex. bike for 10mi.

Hope that I don't have a hard time falling to sleep because of the exercise -- oh well, at least I got it done!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #27  

Hello all!

Hope you are all enjoying a fine Saturday. I did the 4mi. watp tape this afternoon.

July miles = 18.

Hope to get in a little more later this evening.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I cleaned for 6 hours today - that's my exercise for today!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #29  

Smile

Hi everybody! I'm up to 9.5 miles for the month, but I've got to get a speed on if I'm going to make my 50 in July -- I've got to catch up with mrs. beasley and macdees. I've added in strength training --- bought a Kathy Smith dvd called Lift Weights and Lose Weights. Today I did 20 minutes of lower body, 20 minutes of upper, 10 minutes of abs and legs. Whew!

We're getting a lot of rain today in North Florida from Dennis. We are to the east of where he will hit, but I am sorry for the people in the western panhandle who were so beaten up by Ivan last year.

You all are doing so great -- let's not forget to give ourselves a hug!!!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #30  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Walked 30 minutes yesterday, and 15 today to walk to the grocery store and back so my bf and I could pick up dinner for ourselves, so I'm up to 8.5 miles! How is everyone else doing?? It is starting to warm up here again, but my mom got a family membership to the YMCA so hopefully once were moved and settled and I can make myself get to the gym more often, even though I know people who go there I guess I have to suck it up if I really want this eh!? Have a great saturday night and sunday everyone!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote