Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *JuNe WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds*

Hi Gals,

Can you believe it's June!
Not if only mother nature knew it
and would bring us some warmer temps

I did not meet my goal of 50 Miles last month
and so my goal for this month will be
35 Miles

June looks to be busier then May, so I think 35 is attainable...

*~*~*

Amy,
Sounds great... I know I'd love to have some of those warm temps here! We are still waiting for our temps to hold at 75* or higher!!

Thanks for the Web-site... I have it bookmarked to check out. You are so sweet... I heard that hibiscus tea was great for lowering the BP too. I have a place I go to for my tea's - I'll look for it there too... Thanx My Joe is doing so much better now that he's walking with me. I cannot believe how much his BP dropped

My father is much better, the meds he's taking has helped him allot! And my mother had her MRI yesterday, but won't have the results till June 13th. In the meantime, she in on anti-spasm meds and pain meds to keep the bile duck calm. I called and spoke to her yesterday and she sounded pretty good Me... I got the flu yesterday... so I am feeling rather funky today. I was so sick all through the night w/ fever, but it feels like it wants to break - I'm sweating like crazy.

Thanks Deb!!
We had a real nice Holiday Weekend, had a couple parties to go to on Sunday, but otherwise it was quiet. Monday we worked in our gardens most the day. Did it ever get warm enough for you to go to the pool?

Cindy-Gail,
How are you doing these days? How was your weekend? I think you did great at 19.75 Miles! Gotta remember we are busier during the summer months and that counts too I didn't meet my goal either, but we can try again this month

And Mrs Beasley,
Look at you! 56.50 Miles for MAY --- you are awesome! You should be very proud of yourself!

Hi Cathy!!

Salena,
I hope that all is going well for you and your Lasik Surgery! *Luck!*

*~*~*

I hope to see all you MIA Walker's coming back for June!!
*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #2  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi ya'll! I'm getting back into the swing of things. I only managed about 3-1/2 miles for May. Bummer! But I'm hoping June will be much better. I'm starting the week of right. Yesterday I started back on a diet and I'm proud to say that I didn't have anything sweet and only 1 cup of coffee! (I was up to about 3 a day!) My boyfriend and I are finally working together on our diets. He has already cut out caffeine completely so I'm going to work on it to support him. And we are both trying to cut out the sugar and eat healthier. I went to the YMCA last night and did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. My legs were soooooooo sore last night. Hopefully will get to use a treadmill tonight, they were ALL taken last night. Everyone making up for their holiday weekend I suppose. Well I'd better go. Hope you're all doing well. Hope to see all the regulars back.

Oh, I guess I should set a June goal. Gosh, how about 20. I'll set it low since I've barely done anything the past 2 months.

Last edited by shoequeen69; 06-01-2005 at 12:10 PM.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #3  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Hugs to Sunny, Cindy, Cathy, Amy, Deb, Mrs. Bea, and anyone else I missed! Hope your week is going well... I'm so busy I can't seem to stop!

I'm eating a little more than normal, but choosing mustard over mayo, no cheese or full fat dairy, very little if any red meat, etc. Usually u know I count my cals and fat, but last week or so I just watch what I eat. I will have to begin writing it down soon tho. I know I am up a few pounds from my weight two weeks ago, but I have faith that I can get back down and then stay down under 200 forever!

Have a great day everyone! Lasik is Friday! I'll write Monday or so, if I can. Take care! Keep up the great work. Hugs!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey there my good walkin buddies!

Well I was not gonna let the first day of June pass without me getting in some miles, so after work I put on my walking shoes and walked our 2 mile block in 30 minutes in the HOT HUMID 90 DEGREE weather of Louisiana!!!

So like does it count double if I get heat stroke?

My goal for June is 30 miles. I'm also hoping that May will be better than June exercise wise!

Hope everybody has a great month!

hugs,
cathy

June Miles = 2
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:01 AM   #5  

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the 3FC boards, and I think that having some people to talk with and share this journey with will really help me. I'm trying to walk more and eat more healthfully. I'm hoping to walk a 10K by the end of the summer, and as motivation, I bought some new walking shoes today! Now I have NO excuse not to walk!! For June, my plan is to go on at least an hour walk 5days a week. Wish me luck!
marianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #6  

Hello all,

I got in at least 2 miles yesterday -- treadmill is acting up - it stopped on me 3 times yesterday . Hubby is going to see if it's something he can fix or I may have to buy another.

I am going to set my goal at 30 miles this month because I don't know how much longer I will be able to use the treadmill. I may have to go back to the watp tapes.

I hope you are all doing well.

June miles = 2.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #7  

good morning gang!

I did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd, along with situps and double leg lifts!

Man I must be out of shape, or this one must be tougher than some of Leslie's other tapes, or maybe I just waited too late in the day. I was huffing & puffing.

June Miles = 4

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #8  

Good Sunday morning everyone!

I finally managed to get in a walk today. I did the 3mi. watp with 3lb. weights. That puts my June miles at 5.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning fellow walkers,

I've been a little lazy about posting. I have walked 3.5 miles so far in June. I haven't set a goal for myself yet. I want to do some swimming now that that the pool is open and time-wise I don't know if I could walk, say 30 miles, AND swim!

Great news you guys- I am down a size. I bought new jeans last week a size smaller and they are not even tight! Now if that isn't motivation to keep going, I don't know what is.

Welcome marianne!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #10  

wow! congrats Cindy-Gail on the size smaller jeans!
you know you are doing things right when you get smaller jeans!
wooooooohoooooooo!!!

Hey Ms. Beasley - don't ya just love Leslie's Sansone's walking tapes! Have you tried the Walk & Kick yet? dear dh figure out what was wrong with your treadmill?

Welcome Marianne! 10K - wow that is a goal! what brand of walking shoes did you buy? do you like them? do you walk outside? or on a treadmill or track?

Hey Selina - I usually journal everything I put into my mouth too, but I took off the month of May due to my son graduating (and others) and all the end of school stuff and I still lost 2 lbs in May which I was thrilled about. But I still got back to journaling last week. I just have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

Hey ShoeQueen - how's the diet going with your boyfriend?

Hey SunnyD - how ya feeling girlie? and how are you parents doing? hugs & prayers

hope everybody has a blessed day!

P.S. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I wasn't able to get up early and exercise. Will try to fit it in some other time today and will let you know. If not....there is always tomorrow.

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #11  

wooooohooo I exercised at 7 pm tonight! I can't believe I made myself do it but I did!

I do not think that I would have made myself do that if I wasn't gonna come here and post it. accountability sure makes a difference don't it!

30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights
situps & double leg lifts

June Miles = 6
Old 06-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone!

Cathy -- way to go on exercising at night!! I had planned to do the same thing but then decided I didn't really feel like it -- bad me .
Hubby thinks that the treadmill has a faulty thermal switch (at least I think that's what he called it). He is going to look for the manual on it and see if he can order a new switch. If not, then I'll probably have to wait until the fall to get a new treadmill -- too many bills to pay right now. Why do all the big bills (car ins., house ins. prop. taxes etc.) all come at the same time???

I did a 3mi. watp tape this morning with 3lb. weights. June miles - 8.

Hope you all are able to enjoy the day.

Last edited by mrs.beasley; 06-08-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #13  

Good Wednesday morning all!

I had to walk earlier today because I have to go to my son's 5th grade graduation later. I did a 3mi. watp tape with 3lb. weights. June miles = 11.

Cathy, How many miles is the walk and kick tape? How does it compare to the other tapes as far as a work out goes?

Hope you are all enjoying the day.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #14  

woooohoooo got at a 5 am and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP.

June Miles = 8

Mrs Beasley - I haven't been able to find on the jacket or within the video (maybe I missed it) exactly how many miles it is suppose to count as, but it is 30 minutes long and to me it is a much harder worker than her other walking tapes. I find it along the lines of the 30 minute Walk & Jog video which is 2 1/2 miles. So when I do it I just count it as 2 miles, but I do believe it should count as more than 2 miles. For some reason I just find it to be a tougher workout than her other 30 minute videos.

Let me know if you try it.

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

I walked a mile yesterday and went for a power swim of 20 minutes!

Mrs. Beasley, you're doing fabulous. You should be proud!

cathyxxx, 5 am, wow! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote