Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

May I join in?
I walked 45 minutes this morning, will have to check distance on tomorrows walk.
Idrial
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #17  

Talking Hi All! May I join?

Hi everyone. I new to the site and would like to join the forum. I'm currently at 176. My goal is 150. I've been on the SBD since April and have dropped 16 lbs. I haven't been focusing on my exercise as much as on the food. I would like to start focusing more on the exercise. As of late I have been walking on my treadmill for at least a half an hour a day every other day. How does the forum work?

Andrea
SilverSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #18  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Well I think Im going to have to start walking the normal way without a treadmill unfortunatly, I thought I was going to be getting one but I guess not which really upsets me, it is going to be hard for me to drag my *** out in this heat, but I guess I can wait until when the sun is going down so it will be cooler, and I also have a WATP DVD that I can start doing again, although exercise tapes are sooo boring lol I hate watching ppl do what Im doing! lol So Im going to set my goal LOW this month so I dont get discouraged.

I don't really know how to calculate miles so Im just going to aim for 30 minutes 3x/wk minimum, so thats 360 minutes or 6 hours lol Doesn't seem like too much, I just have to get off my butt and do it. I have to get strict with my eating too, no more slagging off I have to do this I feel so sick of myself.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #19  
Amy Needs New Shoes

I know what you mean Trixie. Its soooo hot and humid here in Texas I can't stand walking from the car to the house. Ugh! But maybe once you start getting out there it won't be so bad. Just drink plenty of water.

I hope the rest of this month is better than the past couple of days. I felt horrible starting Saturday night, finally went to the doctor yesterday. I had a bladder infection, kidney infection and dehydration. They put me on an i.v. with fluids and antibiotics plus another antibiotic to take every day for 10 days. Oh what fun. I felt so awful. Almost like the flu without the I feel better today. Just really tired still. So I haven't gotten any miles in. My official weight is 187. Blah. Hopefully you'll see me more active next week. Hope you other walkers are doing well. Later.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #20  
Learning To Fly...

my little brother suggested to me that him and i go for walks in the mornings before i put him on the bus, i said ok i just gotta get in the habit of going to bed earlier then so i can actually get out of bed! lol So I can walk in the mornings sometimes with him (until school is over) and at night with my bf, or my brother, or by myself, and i can do the WATP DVD during the day! I just gotta stick to it now!! Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*
Old 06-09-2005, 09:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I am very happy to report that I got up at 5 am again this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP tape with 2 lb weights.

Welcome Idrial & Andrea! it's great to have ya'll here! congrats on both of ya'lls weight losses! I know how good it feels to watch that scale move downwards!

ShoeQueen - I'm in Lake Charles, Louisiana! we are neighbors! HOT & HUMID man oh man. It's really something isn't it! Is it getting hotter & more humid (lol) or does it just seem that way as I get older?

So Trixie - were you able to get up early this morning and get in a walk?

Where's Selina & Sunny and the rest of our gang? I hope they are out walking

hugs,
Cathy

June Miles = 10
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #22  

Howdy all!

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 14.

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving or enjoying whatever weather you're all having. It's sunny and in the 70's here - a bit humid though. It's supposed to rain for the next several days --

Have a great Thursday all!!!!!!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #23  
Learning To Fly...

Well I wasn't able to get up this morning, I went to bed at 12:30 and didn't fall asleep until 2:30am so I was really tired and my brother almost missed his bus! lol My alarm was set for 8:05pm not am! It is a good thing I woke up when it was supposed to go off.

I'm definatly going to go for a walk tonight though with my bf and maybe once I get my body used to going to bed earlier then I can get up and walk in the mornings. I'm just taking it slow, I'm only aiming for 3 30 minute walks, but im going to try and get out at least 6 days! I just have to take it slow, and not give up. Im only focusing on losing 8lbs right now, instead of the whole 80 so I dont feel as overwhelmed!

How is everyone else doing today?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I cleaned house for 6 hours today I'm pooped! ;-)

one of these days I'm gonna put on my pedometer when I clean and see how many miles I end up walking so I can log my miles I figure I walked about 50 so maybe it was actually around 2 miles.

later gaters
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #25  

Good morning everyone!!!

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 17.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #26  
Learning To Fly...

My bf and I walked 30 minutes on Friday and 30 minutes yesterday, each is about 1.5 miles, so 3 miles walked.

I figured out the miles by using a site www.caloriesperhour.com and putting in speed and time to get distance. I estimated we walked around 3mph.

I might get a couple guest passes to the gym I go to so him and I can go together a once or twice on the weekends together. If our car gets fixed then I will be going to the gym with my mom on the occasional monday and wednesday (depending on her working hours) then the other days I can do something on my own at home or go for a walk if it isn't bloody hot out. Once him and I live together (hopefully within the next 3-4 months) he is gonna get a full membership so we can go to the gym more often!

My eating was pretty good this weekend too, could have been better, but it was ALOT better than usual!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #27  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi everyone. How are you all? Wow Cathy, 6 hours cleaning! Good for you! Thats a great workout right there.

Good job Trixie! Keep up the good work!

I got in 1 mile on Sunday. We took our 2 (now hairless) dogs and walked at the park. It wasn't too bad. There was a breeze and shade so we didn't completely pass out. I ate terribly all weekend though. My boyfriends sister is pregnant and her baby shower was Saturday so we had plenty of food. I'm just going to try to do better the rest of the week. And hopefully get some exercise in. Probably indoors since it will be about 95 degrees all week. Oh I did get a little extra exercise yesterday, my boyfriend moved out of his office so we finished clearing it out last night. Boy did I sleep good after all that exercise! haha And more to come in 18 days when we move into our new place. Argh and I haven't even packed! But thats for another day. Haha Take care ladies.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

I had a busy weekend and managed to get lots of exercise in including walking. I don't have a pedometer so I am guesstimating that I walked 2 miles on Friday, 2 miles on Saturday and 1.5 miles on Sunday! That puts me at a total of 11 miles in June.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #29  
Learning To Fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Gail
Morning,

I had a busy weekend and managed to get lots of exercise in including walking. I don't have a pedometer so I am guesstimating that I walked 2 miles on Friday, 2 miles on Saturday and 1.5 miles on Sunday! That puts me at a total of 11 miles in June.
Do what I did and check out www.caloriesperhour.com, click on calories burned and then down at the bottom select walking (not from the pull down list) and you can enter your speed and time to get distance, i just estimated that I walk around 3mph, at that speed 30 minutes is 1.5 miles!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #30  

Good afternoon all,

I got in a 3mi. watp tape today with 3lb. weights. June miles = 20.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Edited to add: did 2 more miles with 3lb. weights this evening. June miles = 22.

Last edited by mrs.beasley; 06-13-2005 at 08:14 PM.