Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #61  

Evening all,

I walked 2mi. tonight. May miles = 31.5 --- made it to my goal, now I'll have to see how much further I can go.

Selina -- I hope the transistion for both you and the kids goes well and isn't too painful. I think it's wonderful that you've been able to take care of them for the last two years and I'm sure you've made a huge difference in their lives. Take care of yourself -- you deserve it.

Sherrita -- good to see that you survived the hurricane -- hope you don't have to go through too many more of those.

deb -- good to hear that you are doing so well.

Hope all the other walkers are doing well too and that they check in soon.

Night all!!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #62  

Good afternoon everyone!

I got 3 miles in this morning so now I have 34.5 for the month.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #63  

Helloooooooo! Where is everybody???????

I walked 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning bringing my May miles to 38 miles.

I also rode the stationary bike 10 miles.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #64  

Been slowly getting back into my walking now that things have settled down. Got in 2 miles in this morning. May miles: 12.5 Not very much for this month, but better than nothing!
Mrs. Beasley: Seems like you are doing great this month! Keep it up.
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #65  

Good day all!

I got in a 3.5 mile walk this morning -- May miles = 41.5.

Thank you Sherrita. Like you said 12 miles is better than nothing. There's still a week left to this month -- plenty of time for walking.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #66  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Talking I'm Baaaack!

Hi everyone. Rough month, but I FINALLY got some exercise in. Yeah! Better late than never, right? I went to the YMCA at lunch with a girl from work. Got in 30 minutes on the treadmill, 1.5 miles. Woo hoo! I feel good! Glad I did it. Hope to get more in this week and next. No more outdoor walking here in Texas. It was 99 degrees all weekend. I thought I would melt! I'm moving in July to an apartment. Can't wait to get in the pool. (I just LOVE these new smileys) I'd better go. Its busy at work. Hope you're all doing well. Later!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #67  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello there my Dear walking friends...

I must agree with you Amy, it has been a rough month ~ so much happens all at once. Both my parents have been very ill... just the last few days my father is beginning to feel better, he has had sores in his foot that were not going away (diabetes) and was ill with silent pneumonia... the meds he's on now are *finally* beginning to work.

My mother is still very ill and will be going for an MRI on May 31st to see what the source of her pain is --- Dr's think it's a blocked bile duct... very, very painful for her. While she waits for her MRI she is on pain meds.

And my Joe is having some problems keeping his BP in check - it's been high (scary!), so he began walking with me in the mornings... and it seems to be helping. He also has to be on a low salt diet. He is very thin, so there's no worries about his wt. We are just hoping he doesn't have to go on meds.

I do hope that this post finds everyone doing well and knowing how much I have thought of you even though I couldn't make it here to post. Forgive me... I haven't had the time to read all the back posts yet, but I will later... I want to catch up with what is happeneing in your lives

*Welcome*
to all you who have joined since I was here last... these are some wonderfully supportive gals!! I have been Blessed many times over by them and their dedication

God Bless you all!!
*Smiles*

<><

MaY MiLeS : 27.50 Miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #68  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Catching up...

I am back to catch up a little...

Selina...
I saw in one of your posts that you have successfully reached 198 and made it to *One*derland --- I am so very happy for you! Don't worry about the wt. you have added because of stress -- it WILL come off again, faster then you think, it's probably just water you are holding from all your anxiety. Hang in there girl! I am sorry that you are going through such a sad time right now. My parents FOSTERED children... it takes a tender, special heart to FOSTER children... you are a blessing in those children's lives & hearts that they will NEVER forget! No matter the age you will always be a part of them. Bless your heart

Amy,
I am so very, very sorry to hear about your Oreo's passing... I too had to go that route for 3 of my kitties I cried when I read your post --- I am so sorry I wasn't here.

May I ask a favor of you? Would you please send some of that warmth my way?? It has only gotten to 55* today w/ and my heat is still kicking on!! We have not had warm temps here at all and everyone is wondering if we will ever see SUMMER I am so tired of feeling COLD! By-the-way... I LOVE YOUR NEW SHOE

Cindy-Gail,
I too lose weight very slowly... I just recently lost ONE pound since Christmas, but I get up at 5:00am every morning for that walk anyway & watch my diet --- just keep on truckin' girl You are doing wonderfully!! Hang in there !!

Cathy,
Good to see you checking in sweets... Hope that you are feeling well and that the Grad. went well for you.

Mrs Beasley,
You go Girl!!! WoW!! 41.5 miles!! I was taking a few notes and had to cross your numbers off like 5 times You are just a *Walking Demon* Great job!!!

Mel, sweet Mel...
I am here... thank-you so much for asking about me... I didn't even know you had till I just went back to read the posts. I just had the moment to myself - hubby is working late - and really missed you gals and wanted to touch base with you all. Its so good to see you!! You touched me I am glad to see that you are doing well

Deb,
it's so good to see you are back and feeling better. Be careful getting back into your routine again - not too fast, okay.

Healthy4Life,
So good to see you back too Keep checking in

Trixie14,
A warm *Welcome*
to you

Thebooklass/Lori,
A warm *Welcome*
to you

JWinATL/Jill,
A warm *Welcome*
and congrats in your loss of 117 lbs --- that is awesome!!!

Sherri,
WoW! Sounds like you had quite a move! It's good to see you are okay and back into walking again.

*~*~*

Again... you gals are the BEST!! An Inspiration!!
Keep up the great job!

*Big Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 PM   #69  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone.. we are doing the transition now. They are with the new parents at their hotel til tomorrow then they will fly up on Thursday. We are taking them wherever they want to eat Wed. nite. We just are still sad. But I know that I can't adopt every one I have. I know this is best for them.. but it doesn't make it easier.

I am up to about 203 but I'm not regular lately, plus I'm PMSing AND have been eating lots of salt with my watermelon etc .. plus some overeating, but not fatwise, just calories. Not drinking enough water. I just am a zombie mostly. Can't wait for this to be over. Still worried that the kids don't understand how far they actually will be from us. They think we can come watch their soccer games and that they can spend the nite. We try to explain, but I think it's just going to have to hit them later. I don't know what else to say to them. But that we love them and we also told them and their new parents that when they graduate, if they want to go to college here, they can live with us. We just want them to be happy. I think they'll be ok, but it'll take time to adjust and I hope it isn't too hard on them. Uggh, sorry to ramble, thanks for listening. Hugs to you all, will try to read up and post more soon. We just want to get outta town after this week, too hard to be at home.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #70  

Good Morning all,

I just did 4 miles on the treadmill. May miles - 45.5 miles.

Good to see you back Sunny -- sorry to hear about all the sickness in your family. Hope all will be feeling better soon.

Shoequeen, don't know how you deal with all that heat. I'm dying and it's only 70 degrees here. I prefer mid 60's with sun and a nice breeze. Way to go on getting to the Y.

Hope everyone else is able to be out and about.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Finally!!!! I'm back!

hey gang!

remember me!

I'm finally back - it has been the busiest/craziest month - but everything went well and all the graduations and parties and end of the school year are over.

Even tho I got to bed late last night, I made myself get up early and do a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick video. I really like it. But man oh man, what a difference a few weeks make!

It looks like it has been a busy/crazy time for a lot of us. I hope everyone is ok and that all is well.

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Selina - I just have to say from the bottom of my heart .... GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DEAR HUBBY AND YOUR FAMILY ABUNDANTLY .... for taking in these foster children and raising them! I truly believe that there is nothing more precious then our children and I know that you are making a huge difference in their character and lives and their futures!

How many children do you have?

no wonder you get in 10,000 steps a day girlie! you go girl!

hugs & blessings,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #73  

Good morning everyone!

Got in another 4mi. this morning. May miles = 49.5.

Edited to add 2 more miles tonight. May miles 51.5

Last edited by mrs.beasley; 05-26-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #74  

Got in 2 miles this morning...May miles: 14.5 Well, I won't be able to track my walking for the rest of the month because I'm leaving for Mexico today for my wedding anniversary. I'll be back June 1st though. I know I'll be doing a TON of walking where I'll be at...too bad I left my pedometer in Indiana. Oh well! Everybody have a great rest of the month!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

I am way behind on my walking. I seem to have lost my momentum. I have walked 16.75 miles so far this month and my goal is 30 miles. I better get busy!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote