Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:04 AM   #121  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

I hate feeling the way that ive been feeling lately. All this stress has gotten me out of the groove. I keep saying im going to get back into it, and i do, and then I stumble again. I dunno. I want to be inspired! A girl that i use to be friends with got lapband and has been rubbing it in my face that shes lost 90 pounds in less than a year. She totally has a crappy attitude about it and it just makes me want to do it right that much more. I messed up my curves challenge, i got my 3 strikes and that depresses me too. Ive been working tons lately and its hard to put my workouts in my schedule.

I really just need to quit complaining and do it....
-Court
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 AM   #122  

CutieCourt,
I am sorry to hear about your ex friend being so rude. It's sad when people lose weight and suddenly think they are better. You have to put people like that in proper perspective. If she has to flaunt her achievements then something is wrong with her, not you.

In any event, sometimes we fall but it's how we get back up is what counts. Okay..so you messed up. But now it's time to get right back on the horse. And I am sure you can do it..and do it well. And sometimes it's okay to do a little complaining. It's just venting a little frustration..we all do it. And it's okay. But when we limit ourselves to complaining and not doing something about our situation is when problems arise. And for some reason.. you just don't strike me as that type of person.

I was wondering if you could get up earlier and do your workout then ? It's just a suggestion but maybe if you got it out of the way early in the morn then you won't have to worry about it later...

I wish you the best and I hope you don't let that ex friend get you down to much. You will have your day too at some point.. so take solace in that fact!

Take care,
Lo
Lolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #123  

hi ! i joined curves this past may /05 and i have lost 3.5 lbs right now but i was not really watching my eating good. i have lost 12 inches from may to now. i am now watching my food intake good. i really like curves. i go 3 x a week. the second month (june) i did not really get in much. i am going to try to go 5 days a week early in the morning around 8 am then go home and sleep till 11 am. i work second into thrid shift so that is the only time for, me. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #124  

Hi . I'm new here. I've benn going to curves since January 05, lost 32 lbs and 30 inches so far. Would like to lose 30 more pounds. I go to curves 3 X a week, I was going 5 and they discouraged me from going so much said i needed to do other things to allow my body to rest. The only other thing I am doing is hula hoop I bought a 5 lb hula hoop and do that 10 minute every other day. Once you get the hang of it its easy and I've seen results in my waist. I am keeping a journal and restrict my calories to 1200-1300 a day.
Catymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:20 AM   #125  

Hi Catymae I also have the 5lb hoop I LOVE IT. Welcome
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #126  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hey...haven't been here for a while. Havent had my W & M yet, but I've lost 6 pounds so far this month. I'm kind of irritated because I'm not really losing many inches especially in my waist...I'll just give it more time.
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #127  

Hi there! I'm Tracy and I'm new to the forum. I've been on a w/l plan (for Insulin Resistance) since 6/24 and so far I've lost 15 pounds. I work out on my treadmill every day (I'm up to 45 minutes) and I use resistance bands too. However, I'm needing more so I've decided to join Curves! I'll be joining tomorrow so I thought I'd post here and join you all
TracyMom2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #128  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I need Curves to keep me going through pregnancy. I don't want to cave in and stop exercising, because I will have to soon enough being stuck in bed at the hospital and then recovery from a tubal, and will need to ease back into exercise after all that. So even though I just got back from a 2 week vacation (visiting family), I planned for it. Took my guest pass and did four sessions at the local Curves while there.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 299/299/225

Height: 5'5

Well today was my 5th day of Curves, i gathered up enough guts to be measured and to be weighed in on their scale, after many days of weighing myself and getting used to what the scale said, I just want to get the full affect and know that when they measure me and weigh me in a month it will be official..
i'm finally getting compfy going to Curves and I even moved up from marching in place to a slow trot of sorts, so i'm happy about that...
Good luck to everyone out there and i'll check in soon!

CrazyRai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #130  
back on the wagon

I need to go back to Curves. Been skipping too much!!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:01 PM   #131  

Hi everyone, my name is Trish. I just joined curves on Friday and I'll have my first workout on Monday, i"m really looking forward to it. I have to do something, my weight is 371, i'm doing weight watchers and that's helping but i'm gonna have to exercise too and i haven't been. Well, i'll post again and let everyone know what i think about curves on Monday or Tuesday.
trish071478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #132  
coffee lover

Hi,
I've just joined Curves on Saturday. Been looking around at fitness places and well I like the fact that it's all women and they are a peppy bunch there with all ages and sizes.
Plus it's very close to my home that I can walk to it(save on gas).
I will do my first work-out tomorrow. Can't wait
I want to lose 30 lbs by the end of the year.
dee606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 AM   #133  
back on the wagon

It's a great program! I've lost 20 lbs on it (35 lbs overall!)

Good luck to both of you!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #134  
coffee lover

Thumbs up

Well I did my first full work-out today and it went well.
I got quite sweaty and a very good overall body workout from it.
That surprised me as the machines didn't look like they'd be that tough on a body.
Trish how did you like your first work-out?
dee606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #135  

Default I really liked Curves

I had my first Curves workout on Monday and I really like it. I honestly think it's something I can stick with. I agree with the earlier comment that the machines don't look like much but they do really work. I could actually feel a few of my muscles
My biggest thing about going to curves is that I'm gonna have to get up early sometimes to go to be able to fit into my schedule. I am so not a morning person, so that's where i'll need my motivation. I've also got to get my eating under control. I've been eating too much fast food and to many sweets, but i'm working on it.
trish071478 is offline   Reply With Quote