Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 03:39 PM   #16  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi everyone
~Girlie~ I have done that before....been up a little at weigh in and then lost it the next day...it just happens sometimes...you will be fine...I live in the central part of Indiana...just NE of Indianapolis and Vincennes is in the southern part of the state...We are going to Louisville this weekend so I am praying it doesn't rain...don't look too good right now...it has rained off and on all day again today...ENOUGH ALREADY! ~Anne~ Have a great time on your camping trip...that will provide lots of exercise! Should be fun too. I don't know what kind of exercise I will get this weekend but there could be some walking because we are going to The George Strait concert and there is always a lot of walking from the parking lots! I can't wait! Everyone have a great holiday weekend! Guess what, I hear thunder again...yuk!
Old 05-28-2001, 09:23 PM   #17  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Angry Hey!

Where is everyone? We went camping this weekend and I did wonderful. Made some wonderful WW friendly recipes that I made up. How is everyone else?
Old 05-30-2001, 12:08 AM   #18  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Heya!

Hey, Anne! Things are looking good for you! Congrats on the great weekend!

I went camping to and had fun...and I ate SO much! How silly of me!Oh well and move on! Whatever happens at weigh in this week is all my fault, not to mention TOM FINALLY got here and I'm feeling terribl irritable!!! Argh!!!

Talk to you soon!
Old 05-30-2001, 11:00 AM   #19  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi everyone....glad you had a great time camping Girlie & Anne....not my thing but I know a lot of people enjoy that. We had a great time in Louisville, didn't do too bad with food. Lots of walking at the concert. Lee Ann Womack, Lonestar & Alan Jackson was GREAT! George Strait was terrible and I was so dissapointed because I had always wanted to go to one of his concerts....he was so loud you could not even understand him! Oh well, cross him off my list! Didn't make it to my weigh in this week because my tree trimmers came Tuesday morn and I had to be here. I may be up .5 but that is o.k. Anne, sounds like you are really focused with program...Good for you! Girlie, forget the weekend and just move on....sometimes you need a little break...I have been on this program for 3 years so I treat myself occasionally. Dottie (dottisweightlosszone.com) says "One Day At A Time, No Guilt, Move On" so I always remember that! Great day here today, BUT rain moving in late tonight and tomorrow again! I will get in a good walk today....Have a great day everyone and get back OP..

Last edited by JudyK; 05-30-2001 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2001, 08:53 AM   #20  
On my way!!

Default Hi girls!

Hi everybody!

It sounds like everyone had great Memorial Day weekends!

We had a wonderful time at Cape Hatteras! Way too short though. We walked a TON and I tried to eat well. I did have my share of M&M's along the drive though! We got to look in the beach house we are renting for our wedding...it is beautiful! We can trot right over a nearby path and get married right on the shore! I am soooo excited! The best part was sneaking out on Sunday morning before sunrise and walking anlong as the sun came up just holding hands and talking, gathering shells, etc. Really not happy to be home!!

Anyway, back to the real world...I haven't been to the gym since we got back...I did do an hour of Denise Austin on Lifetime this morning and plan to go to the gym tomorrow. I'm afraid I'm getting lazy and out of the habit of going. I will not give up on myself!!

Girlie: How was the re-enactment? It sounds like you had a great plan to stay OP! Good for you! How did the dres come out?

Judy: Thanks for the inspiring quote. It makes me feel a little better! BTW, how was George Strait???

Anne: Glad you had a fun camping trip! What WW recipes did you cook up? Can always use new ones...

Deb: How are you? I'm sure you are busy busy! Please say hi to Denise too...

Going to go get ready for work...have a wonderful day ladies!

Womaninlove
Old 06-02-2001, 12:52 PM   #21  
On my way!!

Default Where is everybody??

Hello out there??

Thought I'd check in to say hi...where did everyone go? Must be out enjoying the weekend. It's raining here

Check in soon!

womaninlove
Old 06-03-2001, 09:57 AM   #22  

I'm here!!

My schedule has been so out of whack lately. My MIL is still here. She plans on leaving this month. I didn't cook too much this week because DH ate a lot of his Mom's cooking & I didn't feel like cooking for myself. I ended up gaining 0.5 lb this week. Probably the sodium in the stuff I ate. I haven't done much of any kind of exercise this past week. It has been an awful week for me. I really need to get my butt back in gear. UGH!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing great! Keep up the great work everyone.....

See ya!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:43 PM   #23  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all....I know what you mean about your schedule...with all this rain we are having it seems like I am treading Debbie My weigh in is tomorrow, so we will see. I think I might be up a little this week, but if it stops raining I will get back outside and walking soon! I really like that better than exercising inside and I have had so many projects going that I have not made it back to the gym yet.: A poor excuse is better than none WomanInLove Sounds like you are just doing great.....Girlie Hope you are back on track now Everyone have a great evening....I missed the boards this weekend but it looks like a lot of improvements.....
Old 06-04-2001, 10:36 PM   #24  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry Hi, Everyone!

Hi, Guys! Sorry I've been away for a while, but I'm still here. Haven't gained and haven't lost...so I'm just...there..blah! I have only been exercising about 2-3 times a week, but this class is terrible! Last day is friday and I'm back on 1st shift!!! Whoo hoo!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 06-05-2001, 05:50 PM   #25  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all, Weigh in today....aaarrrggghhh....up 1.4 I know it is my fault because of the lack of exercise and I want to eat more when I can't get out...this rain is supposed to end tomorrow so I hope that will help! I have a lot to work on this week! Hope we can all get those scales going down again! Have a good evening everyone. ~Girlie~ I think we need to start a new thread again...This is getting long.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:46 PM   #26  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Angry

Judy, Hugs to you. Gaining is a real bummer. I was really worried this week. I thought I would have a significant gain. Well I lost a pound! How the heck did that happen?

Sorry, I have not posted much lately. Been busy with work and at home. Going camping again this weekend! Yeah! I can't wait. I am still meaning to post what I made the last time. I will do that. I promise.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #27  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Wink Newsletter for you to read!

Don’t you just feel better after a steady regime of exercise and a clean diet?
If you have found that you’ve been eating out for most of your meals and you’re
feeling bloated, make a change. Starting on a Monday vow to make all of your
meals for at least 4 days during the coming week and schedule your workouts too.
Come Sunday, we bet you’ll feel so much better that you will never want to make
a steady diet of restaurant eating again.

Enjoy! - The Muscle & Fitness Hers Team

SLEEVELESS STYLE
Get your shoulders in gear for tank top weather with IFBB fitness pro Lena
Johannesen’s delt training.

- Seated Dumbbell Press: 4 sets; 10-12 reps
- Lateral Raise compound-set with Front Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets; 12 reps. Do
these with little or no rest in between exercises.
- Bent-Over Lateral Raise: 3-4 sets; 15 reps

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Don’t go through more than two training cycles without changing at least some of
your exercises. If you’ve been relying on squats to do your quads and glutes, do
walking lunges instead. If you always do bench presses on a flat bench, change
the incline to target a different portion of the pectoral muscles.

TAKE A CLUE FROM BALLET DANCERS-PLIÉ
Occasionally do plié squats instead of regular squats. You’ll still hit your
entire quads, but you’ll place greater emphasis on your glutes. “With your feet
turned out, you can keep your back straight and really work your glutes hard
through a short range of motion,” says Timothy Moore, PhD, CSCS, an exercise
physiologist based in Santa Monica, California. “Make sure your knees track over
your toes though.”

GO TO SLEEP
Most people who work out intensely need at least eight hours of shut-eye.
“Recuperation is an important part of any total conditioning program,” says Bill
Foran, CSCS, strength and conditioning coach for the Miami Heat. “I don’t care
how hard you train. If you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t make the gains you
should make. More likely, you’ll regress.”

Get more quality sleep by winding down each day around the same time, perhaps by
taking a hot bath, drinking herbal tea (avoid caffeine, though) or meditating.

KEEP YOUR HEELS DOWN
To help prevent Achilles tendinitis, use your whole foot, not just the front
half, when stair-stepping and participating in step aerobics classes.
Old 06-06-2001, 09:36 AM   #28  
On my way!!

Default New Thread!

Looks like we need a new thread!

See you at #9!!
Closed Thread