Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-27-2004, 06:18 PM   #136  

Those kitties are so sweet!! You just want to keep staring at the computer and say "awww"
My cat acts like a "purr-sonal" trainer (Pardon the pun ). Whenever I use the bike or treadmill down in the basement, she comes down to supervise!
I have stepped up the walking over the last month or so. It's just over 1.5 miles one way, to work, so I have been walking to and from work, as well as on breaks. I sort of "cheated" today and took the bus home because it was extremely cold and windy, and I already had a sinus headache and didn't want to make it worse by walking into a head wind. As soon as I log off, I will get my little bum moving on the !
It's amazing to see how your fitness level picks up, now I can pass teeangers walking to school--on a hill
Djcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #137  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

*~*~*

*Welcome* Djcat ~ Thanks... my Zeppe likes to coach me while I am on the T-Mill too and attempts to jump up on my console, sometimes I worry about him - he also tries to hop on the T-Mill with me! I have to really watch him... he hasn't grasped that it will hurt when he jumps on and then hits the wall behind me

So... how many miles do you have in for the month so far? Or have you just begun? You don't sound like a beginner, but I thought I'd ask Good job on the miles you walk to work and back Congrats on your weight loss too!!!

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:17 PM   #138  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Welcome, djcat! Great group of women here -- I think you're going to love it.

Sunny, if I didn't think it would be an act of betrayal to my own sweeties, I swear I'd put that pic on my home laptop's desktop! TOO, TOO, TOOOOOOO adorable! And that next one is lovely too. I just love that we have animal lovers here, and that the kitty parents are sharing some pic's! I'm going to have to come up with something myself to share my own babies with the group.

Today I managed to get in 2 miles during the day (in my office) and then when I came home, I got in 6 miles in 20 minutes with HIIT (high intensity interval training) biking, then immediately did the 3-mile WATP workout, followed by an upper body workout with free weights. Whew! (I think I made up for not working out yesterday! DP sidetracked me. It was her first day eating healthy - she just started a diet - so when I came home it was ALL about the dinner, if you know what I mean! )
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #139  

Smile

Zeppe... *Is that FOOD!*

Hope you gals don't mind me posting these pics when I post... I usually post a graphic or animation and since we all enjoy pet pics I thought I would just use some pictures of my boys

*~*~*

Thanks Sarah... I love taking pictures of my kids. What did I ever do before the digital camera

in ALL you did for exercise yesterday!! I'm so impressed!!! Keep up the wonderful job girl! You will be meeting your goals and then some by Christmas for sure! What a great way to begin the new year!!! Best wishes for you and your DP in the new food program.

*~*~*

Have a Great New Day Gals!!!
SunnyD
<><

OcToBeR MiLeS: 16.25

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #140  

Smile

Sarahhh??????

Do I see that you have lost another 2 lbs?
Did you go from a loss of 68 to now 70 (!)?

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-28-2004, 11:58 AM   #141  

Thumbs up

Okay, Sarah and all you other gals...

I went for another 1.25 miles today and then took 30 min. of stretching time too. Not as much as you gals are doing, but more then I have been. I have been afraid to push too hard for fear of another flare-up, but since I am feeling pretty good these days I went just a bit more then the usual

Sarah... where's your ticker tracker I see it now... you updated it
Gals!

OcToBeR MiLeS: 17.50

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #142  
I climb mountains!

Sunny, you're such a sweetheart, I swear! -- I can't tell you how much your support means to me. It's just SO motivational, and it just plain makes me HAPPY! Great job on amping up your movement -- sounds like you're in tuned with your body and know how hard to push yourself -- I'm happy for you!

Yup, I'm now down 70 pounds, with another 70 to go. I'm pretty darned excited, I must say, because even though this 3rd mini-goal took longer to reach, I know that the cause was slacking on the exercise. That's been my greatest struggle all along, and I really feel like I've made such progress in making time each day to getting it in. Not only was it harder before to summon the motivation to actually DO it, but when I was successful in doing that, my partner would sidetrack me to do something else instead -- not because she didn't want me to succeed, she just wanted me to make dinner, or hang out with her, or something else that was simply what she wanted. So, we've gotten over that through some heart-to-hearts, and I feel like I've turned some sort of corner in terms of EXPECTING to exercise every day, and actually enjoying it while it's happening! I just feel so positive about where I am in this process; I'm brimming with optimism and just an overall feeling of well-being. The asthma has been a real challenge, but not an obstacle, and that's the most important thing. Thank God for prescriptive support, eh? With it, I see continued success and steady progress. Life is, indeed, SO good!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #143  

Thanks for the welcome, SunnyD and LessofSarahtolove! That is another cute cat picture
This morning, after being on a plateau for the last four weeks, I saw that one more pound is now gone!! I just take it one day at a time, because it took about 20 years to get this size, so it's not going to go away overnight! It's funny how you sometimes think, "oh, 5 lbs isn't very much", until you buy something that weighs that amount and carry it. Last week I bought a 5 lb box of clementines, and I thought to myself, "you mean to tell me that I've lost almost six and one half of these?" Make no wonder I don't gasp for air when I'm walking now.

Today I walked to and from work (3+ miles) plus walked during my breaks. I estimate that I've put in atleast 60 miles this month. I used to do a ton of walking in my younger days, now I guess I'm having a second childhood.
Djcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:36 PM   #144  

Default New here

Hi, I'm new here and not sure how you do things. Do you all set a goal for the month?
I've finally gotten to the point where I enjoy daily exercise, really count on it now to keep the stress level down. I have almost all of Leslie's tapes and really like the new Walkblaster. I said I'd never do step but have recently bought a few firm tapes, they are a challenge but I like them for a change. I have a few Richard Simmons tapes and like those too. I need a lot of variety to keep me interested. I need to lose about 20 pounds, the same 20 I keep losing but it finds me again every time! Now that I'm being faithful to the exercise every day, I still have a problem with too much food. You all sound like you are doing great and I have enjoyed reading your posts. I wanted to ask Sarah about the mother of the bouncy one in the Walkblaster tapes. She looks so familiar but I can't remember which workout tape she might have been in.
Keep up the good work.
mayme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:01 AM   #145  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning and welcome to the other newbies

I did not walk yesterday, but I did about 6 the day before.I did find out that 2000 steps = a mile so I will use that as the mark on the eliptical.
Sunny you must cook on that thing cuse it takes me almost 15 min (about as fast as I walk) to do a mile!
Have to run to get the kiddies to school...
Happy walking,
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:47 AM   #146  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Good Morning everyone. Love the photo of Zeppe Sunny. Toooo cute! I enjoy sharing baby photos. hehe Well I actually managed to do 1.5 miles last night. yeah! I know I didn't make the goal for the month. But its been a tough month. And I'm all about some November walking. So I'll be around next month. Hope to see you all then.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #147  

Smile

*Guido resting under a small table... he loves it there*

Goooood Friday Morning Gals!

*~*~*

First off *Welcome* Mayme2 ~ May I call you May? I think you will have an enjoyable experience with us on this thread... a great group of gals here! Yes, each month you just set a goal you think you will be able to reach by the end of the month. No competition here (except with yourself)... just words of encouragement. I too have a bunch of different tapes and DvD's I even have the original Richard Simmons record album! His first! (woops... giving away my age ) It's how I lost the first time, many years ago. I enjoy the oldies... and he makes them fun. But he's a bit much all by himself all the time, so I have Tao-Bo & Walking Away the Pounds too. I enjoy my T-Mill the best, but do like the variety.

Hi L ~ I do have the tension dial turned up a bit... maybe that's why I go further faster on the elliptical. Could also be why it was bothering my hip too

Yes, to walk the 10,000 steps that is recommended a day it is aprox 5 miles walked - 2,000 steps a mile.

Hi Amy ~ I am so happy to hear that you will follow along with us in November. We really must keep on moving especially through the holiday's ~ coming up on us pretty quickly

I enjoyed your graphic

Djcat ~ so happy to see you return Wow... 60 miles so far and DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!! Good for youuuu!!!! Something huh... when you get a perspective like the box of clementines you carried. So true!! Keep up the great work, it will surely pay off!

Hi Sarah ~ I so enjoy helping others feel better about themselves. God does not make junk! People are so precious in their own right and should believe in themselves and know that they can do anything they put their minds to if they just believe in who they are None of us can do it alone or we wouldn't all be here right There's nothing like a good, kind word of encouragement to get you through a day I am only glad to be of help

I am so proud of you!!! It's allot of hard work and dedication, but oh so worth it!! I once lost over 85 lbs. myself ~ I went from 230 to 145 lbs. and then slowly down to 135 lbs. and stayed there for about 8 years... then after going though some losses in life (with the death of relatives and friends - 9 in one year!) I gained some 70lbs back (stress & food seem to go together when you don't separate them, now I journal ) I have lost 25 of the weight again and have 36 (or so) to go. I don't think I will ever see 135 or the 140's again, but I would be very delighted to be 155 again

Later gals...
SunnyD
<><

OcToBeR MiLeS: 18.50

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-29-2004, 01:21 PM   #148  

Exclamation Don't Forget... this Saturday night...

Old 10-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #149  
I climb mountains!

Thanks, Sunny!
Old 10-29-2004, 04:45 PM   #150  

Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! You are all a inspiration to me

I'm so excited about November for 3 reasons..
First, I get to start *officially* with my walking and counting miles
Second, my birthday is on the 21st!
Third, it means Christmas is right around the corner! I love Christmas

Going to do a 1 mile walk today, I hope by next week I'll be doing 2!

*hugs*
seemzy is offline   Reply With Quote