Ellipticals

• Can anybody recommend a brand of ellipticals? I tried some out yesterday at Sears.

I didn't like the Proform. One of them wabbled and the other one was just like riding a bike standing up. I am looking for something easy on my knees, and that was the exact pressure point that I felt all my weight pressing down at. It was not smooth at all.

I tried the Nordic Trak and those were GOOD. One of them had an incline on it, they both had face fans and heart rate monitors and were Ifit capbable, which I don't need. The cheaper version of the two was really the smoother ride.

We only have one fitness equipment store in town and it is pretty far out and I didn't get a chance to go that direction yesterday. Hopefully I can try some more. Any suggestions would be great!
  • Hi Jennifer,
    I was glad to see this topic. I actually ended up ordering and Orbitrek Platinum today. I will let you know what I think of it once I get it. I had the original Orbitrek and for the price it was a good machine but this one is supposed to be even better. We'll see. I just hope I like it. Ellipticals are supposed to be a really great workout. I really don't need any extras like you don't and the original Orbitrek was good and I got great results when I used it so I'm hoping that the newer version will be even better. If you find any that you really like that are basic and don't cost an arm and a leg let me know.
  • Jen, Norditrack is made by the same company that makes the Proforms. They used to be a different company, but went bankrupt and were bought out. Only the name survived, I've heard bad things about the quality. From what I understand, you'd be lucky to have it last 3 or 4 months before it needed repairs. Of course some people will end up lucky. You should check the reviews on epinions.