3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   The Firm (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/45083-firm.html)

Riitta 08-14-2004 11:34 AM

The Firm

Hello,

I am a new member, hiya all!

I just ordered The Firm Body Sculpting System because I want to tone up my body after pregnancies.

So, I should receive it next week...

I was browsing through the messages and noticed that some of you here use the firm too.

I tend to start things and then I lose my motivation... I have never tried exercise videos before nor any weight lifting. this will be completely new for me.

*Riitta

hcred123 08-14-2004 04:36 PM

Hey, I have one of the tapes and it was hard for me to do, so it you get it and cant complete it the first time, dont get discriged! Just take small bits at a time!

bicker 08-15-2004 03:38 AM

I did the Firm very consistently for over a year, and it worked great. I'm trying to get back into it, but heck, sticking with something for a full year was pretty impressive, for me!

Riitta 08-16-2004 10:04 AM

Are there any places where Firm users share their success, enthusiasm..etc? I was thinking if I could find a "Firm Partner" and we could encourage each other to continue :strong: :cb:

suzie76 08-16-2004 10:50 AM

Hi,

There is a whole message board for people who use the Firm. Actually, there are several, but this one is free:

go to ************

You will need to register-quick and easy.

The name of the board is firmbelivers

Yes, it is spelled belivers, not believers.

There are tons of supportive people who use firm workouts.

Good luck,
Sherry

tresor 08-17-2004 03:58 PM

The Firm

I've been using the Firm off and on for the past year and love it. I have been Firming consistently for the past 6 months and now I need to clean up the eating part of the equation. I have the 3 body sculpting systems and almost 40 of their workouts. I prefer the workouts that go with the body sculpting systems as opposed to the early Firm workouts that have the weird sets and decor. The official Firm website has a lot of info and their forum website is $9.99 per month and worth every penny. They have challenges, rotations, recipes, and loads of info. If you have a questions, just ask and someone will have an answer for ya.

Riitta 08-18-2004 06:01 AM

Sherry -- I couldn't find that board! Any other suggestions?

I haven't yet received my Firm.. hopefully I will get it this week, I am so anxious to get started.

If anyone here would like to buddy up - let me know. It would be nice to encourage each other and share thoughts...

Thanks.

bicker 08-18-2004 06:35 AM

http://p199.************/bfirmbelivers

Nekabella 08-18-2004 12:43 PM

Hey everyone
I love using the Firm. I have one Firm tape and i used to do it religiously, but the tape is sooo long that I run out of time. Does anyone know of any 3-45 mins tapes that the Firm has?

Neka

bicker 08-18-2004 04:40 PM

Super Body Sculpt is about 45 minutes.

p.momma 08-28-2004 06:46 AM

firm buddy

Hey Riatta-- I'll be your Firm buddy. I think their tapes are great -- I've done them off and on (mostly off . . .) for years. I am really out of shape now, though, and I'm not sure where to start. I think I have a 45-minute tape somewhere. I'll start digging through the cobwebs to find it.

deleted2 08-29-2004 04:00 PM

Hi Riita! I have 6 of the firm videos using the sculpting stick and fanny lifter---I really love them and they've helped to transform my body, that and the other things I do. I never get bored with them, they're challenging enough that after I'm done I feel like I've really accomplished something.
I've never taken to choreography well, so when I first do a tape it's not pretty! There's lots of flailing around during the cardio segments, and I can't keep up, but I keep with it and every time I do it, I catch on a bit more, and after a week or two I've got it, and it's so worth it!!! Don't know if you have issues with coordination like me, but I wanted to pass that on--because I wish someone had told me that I probably wouldn't do it flawlessly the first time. Don't give up, give it every chance--it really works!
Good luck; let us know what you think, and if you want another buddy, let me know!

Jennifer 3FC 08-30-2004 04:17 PM

I was looking at the fanny system the other day. Does this work out other muscles, or is it pretty much confined to the hiney? I would like a total butt overhaul. I have the other muscles covered and don't want to overwork them, so I'm hoping to find a just-the-butt workout. :D

deleted2 08-30-2004 05:50 PM

Jennifer, it's a whole body workout. The exercises involving the fanny lifter target the butt and thighs. I'm genetically "blessed" with a big butt and thighs and the Firm workout has changed my proportions considerably. Have you seen the infomercial?
I guess once you learn how to get the most out of the fanny lifter [don't you just love that name?], you could just do a lot of those exercises, and not do the videos as much.
By the way, they sell a couple of the Firm sets at Target---in the section with the yoga and Pilates and weights,, etc.

Jennifer 3FC 08-31-2004 12:19 AM

I'm genetically blessed with a big butt too, but unfortunately in the wrong direction. Mine goes wide instead of out! I may give the Fanny Lifter a try and just do the butt related section. Thanks for the info!