Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM   #106  

Talking Good Day

Good Friday afternoon to everyone! I hope all is well. I didn't work out Wed., Thurs., or will I be able to today. My husband took a few days off and I have been spending quality time with him. Tonight he's taking me to a comedy show, so I wont be able to do it today either. I quess I will have to make it up on the weekend. Everyone seems to be doing a wonderful job, congrats on everyone's success.

Well I have to go, if I don't check in over the weekend everyone have a BLESSED one.
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

HI girls!!

Sunny that book sounds wonderful I think May have to check it out even though I don't have IBS or been diagnosed as having it. But I get upset stomach pretty easy especially after eating and I bet I'm eating something that does that.

Abirdee-Have fun with your DH. Quality time is a good thing, don't worry about not getting to exercise and enjoy the time.

My bowflex will be here soon I'm so excited I'll let you all know about my first workout.

Ok I am gonna get things done and I'll talk to you all later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #108  

Good Morning Girls!!

Up and at em!!!! What do you have planned for today? I get my bowflex today and I can't wait to get a workout on it! I lost 7lbs in just under 4 weeks I am just so excited!!
Can't wait to see what this month will bring!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunshiney day!!
Michelle
Old 08-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies, Taking a minute to check up on all of you. Praying this finds each of you in good health and loads of happiness. Life has been so busy in WI the past few weeks. My exercise has consisted of just life, but weight wise I've lost a couple of my BD gain and me and the hubby are really happy.

Take care all. Type more after school is swinging again!!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:58 AM   #110  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey ladies! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I sure did, but I'm amazed at how quickly time is flying by! It's almost fall already! Geez, where did the summer go?!

Did pretty good this weekend, got all my strength training in that I had planned to do, just missed Saturday's walk. Oh well. Since we're leaving for Vancouver bright and early on Friday, I'll be walking and strength training every day until then. <--- Perhaps then I won't feel bad for indulging in a piece or two of birthday cake!

Hubby gave me one of my birthday gifts lastnight to cheer me up... a sexy little halter top that I've been eyeing in a shop window each night we go out for our walk. What a lovely surprise! I was a little unsure if it would fit or that I would feel comfortable enough to wear it, but I tried it on and I'm very happy with how it looks. I can't wait to wear it out on Saturday night!
----------------
Kristi... Glad to hear you are keeping busy! And that you're back OP! Good for you! When does school start up again? Next week, is it? Well in the meantime, take care of yourself!

Michelle... Congrats on the 7lb loss! That's phenom! And I'm sure with the arrival of your bowflex, you'll keep on the path of success! Keep it up girl, you're doing great!

Abirdee... I hope you and your DH had a wonderful time at the comedy show! And that you had an OP weekend! Take care of yourself!

Sunny... I was very interested in that book you mentioned. I, too, have IBS... a very uncomfortable condition, isn't it? I was diagnosed in my first year of university... and having to cram for exams without caffiene was a little ridiculous! I try to watch my intake of dairy, caffiene, and acidic foods, but sometimes it just isn't enough. I really hope you continue to get relief from the advice in your new book! Keep us updated, would you? Once again, thank you for all your encouragement... your kind words really keep me heading in the right direction! Hope you had a great weekend, take care of youself!

Cathy... We haven't heard from you in a couple days, so I hope you're doing well... and staying OP! Sending you happy thoughts! Take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon!

Anyways girls, DD just woke up (sure, the morning I wake up early, she decides to sleep in! ) so I have to head off to fix her some eats! But I hope you all have a wonderful day! Keep up the great work, ladies!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:32 PM   #111  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Well today marks the end of this thread... and I hope you all achieved your monthly goals! I did... and surpassed it by 25 miles! Woop woop! I wish I would have achieved my Labor Day goal of 145... but I'm not too far off the mark. I'm down 4" on my waist since beginning in July so that's definitely not anything to complain about!

September's goals:

Walk 60mi
Strength training 16 times (avg: 4 x a week)
Lose another 1.5" off waist
Get down to 145lbs (5lbs to lose)

What do you ladies have instore for the month ahead? I'm sure you'll all work hard to achieve your goals! I'm definitely cheering for all of you!

Best of luck, girls!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:26 PM   #112  

Talking

Hello Ladies,

It's the end of August and I have lost a total of 16 pounds since 6/21/04. I had hoped to have dropped more, but I won't complain. My goal for September is to loose 10 pounds, so wish me well. I hope everyone had a fabulous month, and looking forward to September. Let's work hard, stay focused, and beat this weight thing for good. Stay blessed, and let's get "Ready to Rumble" for September!
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #113  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Gals!
Well, I sure did come up short from my goals this month in both categories I hope to do much better next month... I just got too sick and am still nursing a (no caffeine) headache. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty darn good. I should be over the headache within the next day or so. What we don't do to our bodies

*~*~*

Hey there Mel ~
No one could get near you this month you were leaving flames behind those heels of yours with all that walking you did You should be proud!!! You did so very well!!! Not to mention everything else you did! I wish I could do what you and the others do ~ I want to so much. Maybe after I get my tummy all healed I will be able to increase my exercise again ---> especially now that I know what to do to prevent the flare-ups I have had.

I will have to think of what I can do reasonably next month with all that is going on! I think that Sept. is just as busy as June is for us Allot of Fall goings-on --- Clam bakes are really popular here!

You mentioned (as did Michelle) that you have IBS, Mel... do you know that according to the book about 30 - 35% of women have it and don't know they do. And it happens to women more then men. I have had it since I was a child (about 9), but it has gotten so much worse as I age, which makes sense. I just wish I had seen the book when it first came out in 2000 so I could have had at least the last 4 years of less pain. I did find out that I cannot even eat SOY! Because it is a bean and I cannot eat them, I get real sick. I made a great recipe tonight with spinach and mushrooms and I am hoping that the spinach doesn't get to me --- we'll see tomorrow. It was a great tasting Low Fat recipe. Heather has great recipes in her book!

PS--> I hope you didn't mind that I borrowed your arrow
I like the way you do that

Hi Michelle ~ How's that new Bow-flex? Are you loving it?

Hi Abirdee ~ So glad to see that you did so well too... WooHoo!!!

Hi Kristi ~ Good to see you stop in!! We sure do miss you here.

Hi Cathy ~ We sure do miss you too... hope all is going well with you.

*~*~*

Be seeing you all next month
There---> I will set my new goals...
Luvs, SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 21.0

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 7 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-31-2004 at 08:06 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:14 PM   #114  

Sunny my dear!!! I do so hope you are feeling better!! I absolutely LOVE the bowflex!!!!! I should get some great lean muscle!!!

Anyway its late but I want to share a pic of me and my new baby boy!!

Sorry its so big lol like you wanted a big blow up of my face lmao!!

Anyway, I hope that this post finds you all well!!!
Love to you all!
Michelle
Old 09-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #115  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Stop Here...

HERE IS THE LINK FOR
SePtEmBeR WaLkErS---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...835#post662835

BE SEEING YOU ALL THERE