Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #1  

Default WATP...Does it really work?

I am new to the boards, but I do have the WATP DVD's. I have used them a few times, but was wondering if the REALLY work? I am eating healthier than I ever have before, and work out my arms and abs a few times a week, but have only lost about 5 lbs. So anyways, just wondering if there are any success stories out there with the WATP tapes.
Proud_Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:06 PM   #2  

Sure they work. They're not magic, nothing is. And, how quickly you lose weight depends on a million factors. But, if they are getting you into your target heart range, then you are getting as much benefit from them as you would from any other light cardio program. If you're not working in your target heart range, be sure and do the more difficult modifications; if you're still not in your target heart range, then you need are more intense workout.

When I started my weight loss program I was well over 300 pounds and couldn't walk more than 5 minutes or so without being miserable. I got a 1-mile tape and found this a very gentle, doable introduction to exercise. I just kept working at it, adding the more difficult stuff as I went, then I graduated to the WATP set and added Kathy Smith's weight training videos. I now work out at a fitness center 4 or 5 days per week, doing a variety of cardio as well as a full weight training program and the occasional yoga class. I've lost 140 pounds so far, and I wouldn't be exercising as much as I am if it were not for Leslie and Kathy.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I am a faithful WATP follower! Of course they work!! Like funniegirl said, there are a million factors that determine the speed at which you will lose weight.
Good Luck
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:20 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

I loved WATP when I did it. I used to do the 4 Mile Express tape every day. I changed exercise plans where I am doing shorter, more intense cardio now so I don't do it anymore. And I miss it! It does get your blood pumping. If you feel like you outgrow it, you can always add ankle/wrist weights.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote