Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-27-2004, 07:38 AM   #76  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Woops!

Woops!

I forgot to log in my miles
I have so few this month - I can't afford to do that

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25

JuNe MiLeS: 17.25
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:44 AM   #77  

Smile I'm Sorry...

Ohhhh *KRISTI*
I was so into my feelings this morning --- forgive me in neglecting you

I am glad to hear that your knee is feeling better now... maybe you just pushed yourself too hard and didn't give your body enough time to rest in between? Hope you feel great today!

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Dear Sunny, I figured you were busy celebrating your honey's birthday with him. My wanting to correspond with you ladies really has very little to do with how much you walk. I just really like you all! I'm just sorry that you've been down. Not feeling as confident as in the past. I don't know if it helps, but we all do go through times like these. I hope the next time you enter a funk you come here. Don't think that you have to be upbeat all the time. I love and am grateful for the support and kind words you have given me in the past couple of months. I would like the oportunity to give back to you as well. The road to good health we've chosen is a long one. We will hit bumpy patches where the numbers on the scale will rise and the exercise will feel like torture. These are the patches where we hook ourselves to the bumper of a friend and get pulled along until we're ready to go on our own steam again. I know you'll come out of this. You and the hubby will be strolling the park and making your sneakers smoke and you'll be back with your friends at Curves. Being good to yourself and making everyone around you smile. I think it's awesome that you got out there and did those miles today even when you didn't feel like it. Sometimes pushing ourselves is the best thing we can do to show ourselves love. I know you'll be feeling better soon. You're in my prayers as always Lovely Lady!

Kristi
1 mile today

JuNe MiLeS : 53

Today was a good day with #1 daughter. Just the 2 of us picked up cappacinos and headed to church. Instead of sitting in a pew we went straight to the church basement and put up a new bulletin board in the fellowship hall. My beautiful daughter drew a huge sun surrounded by 8 different kinds of birds with little music notes around them. Her message. Let the SON shine.....Walk in the light, for He is in the light. John 1:7. It may have been unorthodox to work through the service listening on the intercom, but she's learning to serve. To feel our church is home. One of the elderly women gave her a huge hug and thanked her for sprucing the place up. Her knowing she was appreciated was a wonderful good thing.
Walk in the light All!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #79  

Smile

Awweee *KRISTI*
You are the best!
I can feel the love and support -
*Thank you so much!*

I did get in another 2.25 miles already this morning I woke up at 4:50am and was out the door by 5am I got home just before the rains began, it was so nice! I cannot believe how much better I am feeling in just the two days I have gotten back into walking We went to church yesterday and out with our friends to brunch and just laughed... nice day! Then I made a pasta meal with scallops for dinner - I feel so much better then I have in the last 16 days! Tomorrow I'll go back to Curves. Today I have some projects I must get done and at 3:00 we have a guy coming over to give an estimate to re-roof our home... my hubby will be home early - he wants to be here when the guy comes. I did get my wicker patio set repainted this weekend - it looks so nice under our tree now. Joe & I bought this wicker set when we first married and were overseas... it was our very first set of furniture and it is now outdoors with a fresh coat of paint (minus the one chair that really got busted up). We have a loveseat, 1 chair and table to the set left... I hated the thought of throwing it out, so I fixed it up. I'll get pics of it in our yard later so you can see, k

Kristi, how's the pool coming along??

***CONGRATS***
ON MEETING YOUR 135 GOAL AND YOUR WALKING GOALS!!!!!
I am so jealous I would give my eye teeth to weigh 135 again --- well, maybe not my eye teeth - then what good would it do me to lose weight if I am look funny because I am missing my teeth
***BRAVO***

You really did touch me this morning when I read your post ...
again, Kristi, I thank you for everything. God has given you such a tender heart and it shows in your posts. You just don't know how much you have helped my spirits --- I have the biggest smile on my face right now

My hubby is getting ready for work, so I must be going.
Catch you later...

I see the light again
SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25

JuNe MiLeS: 19.5

PS>>> Hello's to MICHELLE, LYNNE & SHEILA
Miss you gals!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 06-28-2004 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:35 PM   #80  

Bravo to you Sunny!!! I can never get myself out the door that early. So many times I'm lying there wide awake thinking how I shoud go now and have it done,buuuuuut I just lay there and waite for the alarm.......mmmmm scallops, they are my favorite sea food and pasta sounds so good. Pasta is the one thing I really miss when trying to lose. It's just so hard to fit it in and stay under cals and feel full. So, it's been relegated to the "once a month club" right along with so many of my favorite foods. I think it's so cool that you still have something from when you were first married. I don't seem to take very good care of my things . Well, we've been to ball, I've hung out laundry and cleaned the pool, now it's time to get lunch on the table so DD isn't lare for her sax lesson. She's so excited, it's the last lesson of the summer. I had a great Sun. started a new book by Max Lucado and spent a relaxing day with my family. Planning to do 2 miles while the children use the computers at the library.
Sheila, So nice to hear from you. It's too bad you haven't been well. DH has been dealing with much the same thing. It's wonderful how much walking you got done the past few days. You rock girl!!!
Sunny, I very much enjoyed your poem this morning. Thank you so much!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 55
Old 06-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #81  

Hey Sheila, The last time I weighed 135 for longer than a day I was in the 7th grade as well. lol No joke though. Maintaining is totally an issue for me. I have gained and lost the same 15-20 pounds each spring for the past 3 yrs. I'm very positive this time. I really feel like I have a great support group in you ladies and that will make a huge difference! I am sp roud of you!!! You surpassed your goal miles and have 4 cutesy flowers that add up to 20 pounds gone and you've allready set your goals for July. That's so awesome. I'm putting off setting my July goals, becauseI just don't know how hard I'm actually willing to work. DO I want to add weights, do I want to add resistance, how about yoga, do I actually want to be able to go faster?!?!? I just don't know. Part of me says, do what you're doing you're happy. The other said laughs andsays, sure, stay with the samegoals and exercises and hit a plateu you can't get past!!!! All I know for sure is I have 2 days to figure it out. Wish me luck...... Has your niece left for the service yet? I'm praying for you and your family to have strength during her absence. A young man from our church is stationed in Iraq. It was all very sad. He's a national guardsman and full time police officer. He left behind two very young sons and a pregnant wife. Since his departure his wife has given birth to another son who is now almost 4 months old. Wonderfully he got to come home yesterday for a 2 wk leave. He was suppose to 3 times before and those visits were cancelled. I hope this time he was at the airport last night!!
Well lady, here's to loved ones especially ourselves.
Have a great eve.

Kristi
Old 06-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #82  

See ladies, I didn't post intended miles yesterday and so I didn't do any!! I need you ladies to keep me honest, even unto myself. I plan to do 4 miles today to round out my month. I srill have made no final decision on my July goals so I guess I'll aite and do that in JuLy WaLkErS tomorrow. Had a great time last. Had some company over. They had invited themselves so all I di was make kool aid and provide paper plates and such. Ended up doing another campfire and yes, eating about 10 marshmallows and had 2 glasses of wine. Both no nos, but tomorrows a new month with new challenges. We ended up with 2 extra children spending the night, but they had brkfst and are allready gone.......Sheila, Your niece sounds as if she's in the same position I was. I was 18 and had made plans with a naval reqruiter to go to basic in Sept. (final papers hadn't been signed) In late July he called and said there was an opening in FL for me now if I left in 4 days. I'd been dating a guy for about a mth and just COULDN'T say good bye (I was not quite 18) Long story short. The relationship lasted about 6 more months I never did go at all and still regret it. That sounds bad I know, because my life with DH and children is terrific and wouldn't have happened, but I'll never know what else I may have been and my wonderful DH came after many more boyfriends than the one I put my life on hold for.......I will pray your niece makes the right decision for herself and for the rest of you that you can except her decision....
Sunny, Michelle, Lynne, you ladies have a good day as well!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 55
Old 07-01-2004, 06:49 AM   #83  

Smile

Here is a Link to JuLy WaLkErS

See you all there...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42826