Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Sunny you are in my thoughts!! Remember that in these tough times is when we need eachother the most, and remember that god is great and he has a plan for us all and I bet Hank is in his Glory, havin a cup of tea with the big guy himself!! You now have an angel watching over you!

Lynne way to go on still getting some exercise in even when you weren't able to walk you found somethin that you could do. Keep it up!!

Sheila you are a busy woman!! Keep up the good work, and remember that some exercise is better than none!!

I got another 4 miles in today, and I also did 15 minutes of floor toning and 15 minutes of resistance bands.
Goodnight Girls
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all so much for the prayers and kind words. My mother's recovery is not coming along as expected. Her sister is taking her to a neurologist today to see if something is going on that we are not aware of. She has not been able to be left alone at all due to stumbling etc. I just don't know what will be our options if the prognosis today calls for round the clock care. I can't keep it up being away from my family. I'm checking into daytime adult care and then having her sleep here nights, but she's fighting that all the way. I have 3 children in ball, one in band, and one in swim lessons. My siblings all work full time. Shy of actually putting her in a nursing home facility this just seems like the best solution.

Sunny, your new hair is awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics

Michelle, as always you're doing awesome

Lynne, you too!!!

I loved catching up and seeing all of yours progress Kristen, Shiela, Jack, everyone have a great day.

I'm walking 4 miles today

June miles : 12
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:01 PM   #33  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hi all

Wow has this thread been quiet lately or what!

I hope everyone is ok .

I'm changing my routine a little, going to be introducing more weights and cardio on my elliptical machine which is unfortunately going to cut into my walking. So my total miles may be a lot lower than the rest of you powerhouse gals but I will still be here supporting you all and cheering you on.

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #34  

Hey girls!! I took the last 2 days off but will be back on track today!

Lynne - way to go on introducing some weight training it will have great results!! Keep up the great work!

Sheila - Hey there girly!! Way to go on fitting 1.2 miles in!! I know you are busy so that is a great accomplishment!!

I'll be back later to report my miles for today, but hoping to fit in 6!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 09:29 AM   #35  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good morning

I did 4 miles this morning, was quite a good walk.

We have zuchinni in our garden! I spotted them yesterday whilst walking round it, we also have cayenne peppers and pea pods! We're both really proud of ourselves, especially me as I've had quite the black thumb in the past .

Will ttyl .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #36  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning KRISTI, MICHELLE, LYNNE, SHEILA, JENNIFER & KRISTIN

Thank you so much for the *Well-wishes*
I so appreciate you all!

I am so sorry for being MIA... I really missed you all! I just felt so sad and didn't want to do anything the day or so after. It was all I had to get on the T-Mill yesterday, but I did get in 2 miles. And tomorrow I plan to go back to my Curves - I haven't been there in almost two weeks, between being ill and then the funeral. I am looking forward to going. I am going to get in at least another 2 miles today and I will be back to post them when I do

We had a nasty storm come through here last night! Hail, Winds, and Rain so bad that it snapped the top of my Maple Hydrangea Tree right off!!! I was so bummed to see that last night... It was full of blossoms too We saved it - going to try and see if we can get it to root... I'll buy some rooting powder and give it a go --- cannot hurt to try and save it.

*~*~*

*SHEILA*
You are doing so well!!! I am so very happy for you - you identified the problems and have made the corrections... you should be so proud of yourself!!!! Continue to take those negative thoughts and turn them inside out for a positive result

*LYNNE*
Thanks for the *hug*

Bummer about losing all those trees for the highway! Joe & I may lose a tree or two when they move the road here where we live too - it's a bummer to think about! They are beautiful trees!

I think changing up your routine is so good... then you don't get board with everything. That's why I like going to Curves. Good for you

WoW! You have everything there... a chicken pen too! I wish we could do that. I love farms! I use to work on my SIL's farm when she owned it (I was in my 20's & 30's). I miss going there. Being I can't have one I loved helping out with hers. All the animals & gardens - loved it all! You are so blessed. Your gardens sound wonderful!! With all the rains the gardens are doing very well (if you are not in a flood area).

*MICHELLE*
Thank you so much for those kind words of thought! I KNOW Hank is in his Glory He will be so missed!!!

Boy! You have been doing wonderfully with your exercises... I am so impressed! All of you have been. I am embarrassed (blushing) by my walking miles so far this month. I have allot of catching up to do.

*KRISTI*
I am so very sorry to hear that your DM is still not doing well and not recovering as you hoped. I hope you know that I am lifting her up in *special prayers* for her recovery. Take Care of yourself too, okay. When we had to move my DFIL (now passed on) he fought us all the way, but he lived a better life after we moved him... then he was happier. It was the fear of the unknown that made him resistant to the move and the Pride. He didn't want to acknowledge that he was no longer able to care for himself properly. He was not eating well or cleaning himself well - he needed help. Just do your homework and make sure the care is good, but those places are great... I wish you well in resolving your problems with balancing your DM and your own family
{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

I am off to get in my couple miles for today... see you all later
Always,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25

JuNe MiLeS: 6.0
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #37  

Sunny - How great it is to hear from you!! Don't worry about your mileage for this month what matters is that you are taking care of yourself!!

Lynne - Way to go on 4 miles girl!!!

Kristi - I hope all is well I still have you in my prayers!

I did 3 miles this morning and I am planning 3 more in a little bit, my girls wouldn't let me go any longer so I just finished up the 3 and now going to do 30 minutes of resistance training.

Love to you all!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 04:21 PM   #38  

Wow!!!! You ALL are doing awesome. Michelle, your miles are just putting me to shame. I'm so happy for all your success. YGG Shiela, You too are just moving along. Like Sunny said, adjusting and arranging so you can fit it all in. WTG How are your nieces ball games going? Lynne, WTG adding weights. I keep wanting to add abdominal work and squats or something for my legs, but I keep fighting it. Hopefully you'll inspire me!!! Sunny, Great job getting back to everything. I'm sorry but I somehow missed on the post where you sadly had lost someone. I'll go back, but know my prayer's are with you as well. I sadly have only one more mile to report, because I never did get the 4 in I added a couple days ago and had to even do one more of it today. All has been so stressful, I have a very odd relationship with my mother to begin with and my sinful flesh fought and argued with me that she was not my responsibility. I need to share I hope you don't mind. I finally felt last night I had to just get out of the house. There was a lull in the rain and I took off on the bike trail. I prayed and prayed while walking and even ran ALOT a mile away from home the shies opened I was soaked through in seconds. I ran, I walked, I cried, God helped me. My mother is here and will remain here days and a friend will be staying nights with her in her home. Her neurologist says with hard work she should be able to regain close to if not 100%. I will do whatever needs to be done with love and kindess. I know without knowing our history this may sound jumbled, but it has made me feel much better to share it with someone. I'm getting in at least a mile or two a day and have you all to thank for that. You keep me motivated. Thank you once again.

Kristi

June miles : 13
Old 06-10-2004, 10:50 PM   #39  

Kristi - Such a strong strong soul you have!! You are such a motivation and inspiration to me Thank you!! Way to go on beating your 2 mile goal!

I did another 2 miles today and then 15 minutes more resistance training. So I got a total of 5 miles and 45 minutes of resistance training! 2 hours total exercise today!

Well goodnight ladies I'm off to bed!!
Love to all
Michelle
Old 06-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #40  

Smile

Good Morning...

*KRISTI*
I am so very sorry to hear that you must go through so much with your Mom... I wish I could in some way help you physically... but I can fall to my knee's for you and *pray* and that I will do

Take Good Care of YOU!!!
You need to stay well - not only for yourself - but for your family.
Keep in touch... we are all here for you

Hey there *MICHELLE*
You are doing so well with the walking and the weight training...
WW! 2 hours of exercise... I am impressed I was doing that before I got sick and hope to get back into it next week!
Keep up the wonderful job!

*~*~*

We had another big storm come in during the night and it is still raining here... the sidewalks are full of worms (ewe!) and my Hibiscus Tree is turning yellow from all the rain --- I am going to bring it in and see if I can save it. I so wish that it would stay sunny for a few days... without all the humidity. It's been like living in a sauna here this week. It has really cooled down though - went from the 90's yesterday to a possible high today of 70* And we are still in a Flood watch area, although... we are doing okay here where we live thus far...

I am slowly feeling better - I got back into walking the last couple days (feels great!) but only 2 miles a day so far... I had a rough night last night and was up at 4am for abut 30 min. or so; then fell back to sleep at around 5am... the alarm went off at 5:30
"Where's the coffee!"

I was going to meet my girlfriend at Curves this morning, but am just not up-to-par yet, so I will have to wait to see her on Monday morning instead. She usually goes in the afternoons because she teaches, but now that she is done for the summer - she is going to join me in the mornings... that will be great! We have allot of catching up to do.

Well gang... I am going to get in a couple miles on my T-Mill while I still have energy

♥ Have a ♪ Great ♪ Day! ♥
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 8.0

Old 06-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #41  

Good morning ladies, Thank you Michelle for your kind words. Every pat on the back helps me move forward. You are doing so awesome I am so proud of you!! You didn't say how your job is going. Do you hate so much you don't want to talk about it? lol (I hope not)

Sunny, It's so good to hear you sounding much more like your old self. Sorry, to hear you had a rough night. That's the worst, falling back to sleep when it's just about time to get up. Great job hitting the TM before your energy lags. Have a great time catching up with your Curves friends. Thanks so much for your prayers I am keeping you in mine as well.
I had my mother here all day yesterday and it went pretty well. My children were really well behaved, but just being with them all day I think tired her, but I figured between that and the rain she'd maybe sleep good. I felt funny, but I did 2 miles on the TM in front of her. I told her I couldn't ignore that part of my life. The only thing she didn't understand was how I could let my dishes go and exercise instead!!! It's too bad her generation hadn't learned to let some things go! My dishes are stil in the kitchen and I'm heading there now. Plan to do a 3 mile WATP tape today.

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 16
Old 06-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #42  

Smile

Is this picture cool or what?!
It's called Hand Art... it suited the day with Pres. Reagan's Funeral and all.

Hi!
I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I got my 2 miles in today...

*~*~*

Thanks *KRISTI*
I am almost there - not quite, but feel like I am well on the way It sure would help if I could get a full nights sleep We have had so many storms come through and they wake me...

I won't be going back to Curves till Monday, but I will definately enjoy catching up with them when I do go back.

Hope you were able to get in your 3 miles today

Miss seeing you *LYNNE*
Later everyone

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 10.0
Old 06-11-2004, 04:27 PM   #43  

Kristi - Keep up the good work but you know that you have to take care of YOU first because you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself
Oh yeah I do like my job, its just a few hours a week so it gets me out of the house

Sunny - That picture is beautiful!! I love it!! I watched the processional the other day and I was at work bawling!! It was so sad and he really was such a great man! Keep up the good work!!

I just finished 4 miles got a good sweat going on now I just have an hour of resistance training to finish up the day
Have a good weekend girls!
Old 06-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #44  

Good morning girls, Thanks for the awesome picture Sunny it really is cool. Hope you have a good weekend with no storms so you and hubby can get a walk in at the park. It sounds like you need a relaxing walk. We too have flooding al around us. We installed a new sump pump in our basement so it turns on and off by itself. Much less worry. Take care
Michelle, Thanks for the concern. I really am taking good care of myself. Actually to my amasement. In the past much less stress than I'm under now would've sent me to the chocolate, the chips, the cheese, etc..lol I know I'm committed to me, because I actually used the TM right in front of my mom the other day and I would never have inconvenienced someone else before. I did have to jump out of the dentist chair yesterday before I was quite done or my DD would've been late for her 1st band lesson, but my cleaning and polishing was complete I just needed the dentist to examin my teeth. Nothing hurts so I'm good to go for 6 mths lol I did the 2 mile WATP tape today. We have a 1st b-day party for my great niece today and then her and her 3 y/o sister are coming to spend the night with us so my niece and her hubby can meet some friends who are camping. It should be fun and she's very good about taking my 4 children while me and DH have a night out. I better get off here and call my mom. She's been alone for the past 2.5 hrs.
Have a great weekend

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 18
Old 06-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #45  

It's finally not raining here. Yippee!! I don't know why that makes me so happy it means I have to get the weeds out of my overgrown garden lol I do have cgeery toms coming though. I weighed myself this morning and even with vacation and all that's been going on I've maintained the 138 so with persiverance I should be able to hit all my June goals. You girls keep me on track now! The party was nice yesterday, but I lost my great nieces to my brother and his wife (the girl's grandparents) the plans they had fell through so they wanted to have them. Church was nice this morning. Back in 1982 a group of women needle pointed kneeling cushions for our communion rail. They recently were cleaned and restuffed so we rededicated them this morning. Some of the women are passed now, but their families from out of town came and held their mother's pillow up front during the ceremony. Very nice. Well, I'm going to buil a fire and roast wienies. Sounded like an easy Sun. dinner. 3 miles today

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 21