Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #16  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good morning ladies!

The weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! We went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me 'Wizard of Oz' magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to Curves first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #17  
KAR

Congratulations Jenn on your ONEderland status! Way to go girlfriend!
Sounds like you had a great weekend!

I just came home from going into school for a little bit. I went and checked out first thing this morning. So then I just hung around waiting for our staff carry in and socialized with some of my coworkers. I was good and eat only a little bit of stuff. It was all healthy stuff too. I was proud of myself. But I did have a little plate of dessert. But I got up early this morning and rode my excerise bike for 10 miles and did 100 crunches with my ab roller. Then I am going here in a little bit to my Curves to workout. So I am making up for eating dessert today. But I hardly ever eat dessert anymore. Can you all tell I have TOPS tonight? LOL.
Well I better go and get some work done around the house. I decided that I would try to clean out the upstairs closet where we throw all the stuff I said I would go throw someday and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Plus we have junked up our storage closet on the first floor. I am sick of tripping over stuff.
Have a wonderful afternoon.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:14 PM   #18  
KAR

Good Afternoon Ladies:
I lost 1/4 pound last week. So I guess I must be doing something right. I am a little tired and sore today. I rode my excerise bike for 10 miles this morning. Then I went to Curves and worked out with my friend. After I dropped my friend off at her house, I came home and mowed my yard. It took me 2 1/2 hours to push mow. But atleast I can say the yard is mowed for the week. So I am hoping to see good results come Friday or Saturday when I go for my monthly weigh in and measure. Well I think I am going to go take a little nap. Hope everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work ladies!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-02-2004, 03:58 PM   #19  

Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. We had some bad storms, but everybody is safe and sound, with not much damage. Congrats Kerry, keep up the good work. How nice for you to have your summer! I'd love to be able to stay home in the Summer with my girl. Everybody else must still be on holiday I have to go to Curves tonight, I haven't been in a week, and this weekend was a free for all with my eating! I'm trying so hard to be good. Take care, see ya'll later.
loribug26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #20  
One step at a time...

Thanks Kerry! Wow were you motivated doing all that exercise! I'd be sore too! LOL! on the loss this week! Keep up the great work and I'm sure this week with be even better for you!

Lori - Here's hoping your workout went great Don't worry if the scale moves in the wrong direction... It may be the motivator necessary to keep you on track and faithfully Curving
Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #21  

Default thinking about joining

I'm going to check out Curves on Tuesday evening to see if I want to join. My plan was to do workouts at home -- I like The Firm and Power 90 but I just haven't had the willpower/motivation to do them consistently so I thought joining a program might help. One question I have is do you think it is enough of an aerobic workout or would you suggest doing something in addition. Also, is 30 minutes really enough? I always feel like I have to work out at least 45 minutes to see results. One last thing, how much do you sweat. I'm not extremelly out of shape but I do have some weight to lose (about 35 pounds). The Curves nearest me opens at 7:00 and I have to be at work at 8:00. Do you definitely need a shower after a workout? Thanks ladies!!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:59 PM   #22  
One step at a time...

Good morning ladies!

I went to the gym and water aerobics last night and back to the gym at 6:00 this morning. I got weighed and measured so I wouldn't have to do it during TOM again. Here are my losses: (this month/total)

Bust: -1.50/-2.25
Waist: -1.50/-3.25
Abdomen: -3.0/-4.5
Hips: -2.25/-4.25
Thighs: -0.5/-0.5
Arms: -0.5/-2.0
Weight: -10.5#/-22.5#

Needless to say I was quite please, except for the bust thing

Anyhow, I hope y'all are having a great Friday!! :flow:
Old 06-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #23  

Hey everybody! Hope all is well with everybody...Sunny its quiet in here without you! I'm feeling a little under the weather and trying to convince myself not to eat to make me feel better and to make sure I go to Curves. I had to be at work an hour early today and feel as though it should be time to go home by now!!! I'm needing some motivation, I'll get it somehow! I sure do miss it when I don't go to Curves. I've slacked off lately, but still getting some results. So now I just have to remind myself what those results would be if I bust it like I was...right??? Have a great day ladies. And to the ones are wondering about joining, just do it, you'll be glad you did. I would try to go after work if at all possible, b/c I'm a sweater, and am convinced if I'm not sweating, I'm not working hard enough. I've often thought that Curves should add a shower stall or two, but I know a lot of them are strapped for space! Later all
loribug26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #24  
KAR

Hi Everyone:
Well I got weighed and measured yesterday. I went first thing in the morning after rolling out of bed. I gained a pound according to their scales. Gained inches every where but in my hips. I lost 1/4 inch there. My body fat stayed the same. So I guess I have to work a little harder. My body was sore and achy this morning so I didn't go workout today. But this evening I am going to either go for a bike ride or go for a walk. First things first have to go grocery shopping with the DH. We are watching his kids this summer well their mommy is at work during the week. Boy can two 6 year old boys eat. It is hard to keep enough food in the house for them. LOL I can't wait until they are teenagers and have bigger stomaches. We might have to shop at Sam's Club and buy in big bulk quailities. LOL. Atleast I can say they don't have a problem running it off. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #25  

I got back from my vacation and then I got sick! I've had something like bronchitis for the past couple weeks. So no Curves for me, just plenty of laying about and drinking liquids and watching DVDs. Won't be able to work out tonight because of the hockey game (and because I'm still a little under the weather).
The being sick hasn't affected my weight - I can still fit into the size smaller than usual clothes that I bought in CA - but I'm just tired overall. I now get winded just walking up the flight of stairs in my apartment building.
Hopefully I'll be back in the Curves groove before too long. I hope to get ing 5 workouts this week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #26  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Wryly sorry to hear that you have been sick. It is never fun to be sick in the summer time. You will be back your strenght in no time flat. Just take it slow when you first go back to Curves. Don't over do it and strain yourself.
I have been going to Curves and then going for a walk in the evenings this week. I haven't done my bike or crunches since last Thursday. I guess I was just depressed over the news I got at Curves on Friday. I have to get into the habit of doing my crunches again.
Hope everyone is doing great this week. I have to go and get ready for two ball games this evening.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #27  
KAR

Just came back from my ball games. Before my trip to the ball field, I went to TOPS and weighed in. I stayed the same weight for the past week. Guess I need to kick up my workouting out a notch higher to bust out of this runt.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Later,
Kerry
Old 06-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #28  
One step at a time...

Wryly - I'm sorry to hear that you were sick too! Kerry is right about taking it easy when you go back to the gym though... You don't want to hurt yourself so you have to stop going for another week or so, so just ease back into your routine and I'm sure you'll be at full steam in no time.

Kerry - Sorry that you've hit a plateau...that is sooo frustrating! But at least you have the right attitude about just kicking it up a notch... I'm sure you'll bust through this rut like a linebacker through a paper banner!

As far as my stuff goes, my workouts have been going great... I've been to Curves 3 times so far this week and might go again before my water aerobics class this afternoon I might not be as inclined to do so if Leigh-Anne wasn't working and if I wasn't having good results... This morning I weighed in at 195.75#! That is .25# away from a 25# loss and it brings me to surpassing my July 1st goal already! Woohoo! My next goal is 185 by August 1st, think I can do it?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #29  

Default Joined last night

I joined Curves last night. Tonight after work I go for my first workout. The Curves I joined just opened recently so they only have 8 machines. Does anyone think that makes much of a difference? A friend of mine goes to one with 13 machines so I would think she'd get a more well-rounded workout. Also, I asked one of the employees if they had any policy against goign more than 3x a week because I had read in an old post that at one Curves they would not allow members to go more than 3x. My curves lets you go as much as you want but doesn't recommend going more because they said it's best to do this kind of strength training every other day to give your muscles a rest which I've heard many times before. What do any of you think? Could going every day be detrimental. I'd like to go at leat 4 x a week and since they're not open on Sundays I would have to go 2 days in a row. Just wondering what was working for you guys. I'll stop rambling now Thanks!!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #30  
One step at a time...

Welcome Mayday! I think you'll love it at Curves! I don't see anything wrong with going 4x a week, as I go 5-6x most weeks and I go to water aerobics on Wednesday nights... In the first month, I only went 3 or 4 times a week and I only lost 2.5# (which I had gained in the first week)... Since I stepped it up I've lost 22.25# in 2 months. I relly think you just have to make your own decision about what you can handle and how much you should go though. !